ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   UFC 78 This Weekend (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/648081-ufc-78-this-weekend.html)

Terzo 333 16 November 2007 09:29 PM

UFC 78 This Weekend

Heads up, penultimate UFC of the year on Sunday night on Bravo.

I'm only really interested in the main event - The Great British Hope, Bisping vs Rashad Evans :thumb:

Should be a good fight. I'm sure Bisping has it in him to win, he's gonna have to find a way of stopping Evans taking him down - his takedown defence hasn't been good enough up to press...

My prediction...Bisping to win by knockout in the second round...now there is a brave bet !!!

Also looking forward to Houston Alexander...man can he bang !

richiewong 17 November 2007 02:23 AM

Might be a tough one for Bisping, Evans has always been under estimated and look what happens, he always ends up with a result.

Anyway managed to get tickets for UFC 80, can't wait tot see BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson:thumb:

POC 17 November 2007 10:13 AM

Nice post Terzo, I didnt know about this one! (really should follow it a little closer). Will pop off now to look at the fight card :D (and set sky+ to fast forward through all the damn adverts!)

P1Fanatic 17 November 2007 01:33 PM

If his last fight was anything to go I wouldnt be putting money on Bisping.

Simon

jjones 17 November 2007 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 7417198)
If his last fight was anything to go I wouldnt be putting money on Bisping.

Simon

there was a programme on last night with both the fighters, bisping was training away from his base camp last fight in america and apparently they let him go too mad in training which led to a drained performance on the night. his trainer in the uk says he holds him back until fight night

SideShowBob 19 November 2007 12:29 PM

Terrible terrible terrible, Bisping and Evans as main card??!! They just dont have the aura or draw of two top names and didnt deserve a main event, neither are top 8 light heavyweights and if either went in the ring against Liddell, Henderson, Jardine, plus a multitude of others, especially Rampage!! then they'd botyh be competely outclassed and out of their depth. I found the whole event quite boring, and Bisping throws lots of punches but doesnt have much power behind them.

If Bisping wants to be a standing fighter then he needs a knockout punch, the last two fights he's shown he doesnt have that, so he's in trouble now, though still young enough to work on his ground game (and drop to 185).

Alexander fight went exactly as I predicted, I kept thinking if someone survives his intial frenzy then he is screwed, he can knock out people that get intimidated by that, but any decent fighter should be able to weather that and then Alexander is all out of ideas.
Going forward I cant see a huge future for him, I recon him vs Liddell would be good fun, both giving as good standup fight, but both he and Liddell are one dimensional fighters who dont fully fit into the modern UFC.

Watching Rampage's fights I believe shows what you need to be to be world champ right now, he beat Liddell standing and he beat Henderson on the ground. Think he's fighting in the grand prix event beginning of Feb next year, also is Brock Lesnars debut against Frank Mir, sounds like a much better event through and through.