ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Anglesey track day next Sat & Sun anyone ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/64793-anglesey-track-day-next-sat-and-sun-anyone.html)

Mellow Yellow ! 13 January 2002 09:57 AM

www.bookatrack.com are hosting a trackday on the above circuit next Saturday AND Sunday.....just over a mile long and very twisty will lots and lots of safe run off :) So far Elises, Caterhams, Westies, GTir's and the like are in attendance....I've never been before so any advise would be appreciated....no-one else fancy coming to clear the cobwebs ?
Chris

Type R 13 January 2002 03:18 PM

Anglesay is a superb little circuit, i love it, i am booked in 29th March. I only just get into 4th gear on main straight.

Excellent views, and has evrything a good circuit should have.

jon hill 14 January 2002 09:12 AM

i'm going along on Saturday 1st march

its a bl**dy long way from london though...

DavidBrown 17 January 2002 01:17 PM

I'll be there in my lickle R34 Skyline

wrx 17 January 2002 03:28 PM

Are pasengers allowed? how much? and when do you pay?

Cheers Matt

DavidBrown 17 January 2002 03:56 PM

Go to http://www.bookatrack for all the info you need.

teen_machine 17 January 2002 08:28 PM

Which saturday? Which sunday?? i get confused very easily you know!! :D :D :D
t_m

UkLegacyT 17 January 2002 11:42 PM

R34 ! .......b*****d, my future car hopefully, im stuck with a legacy turbo at the mo, as im still a student...

may pop along if i can, but exams next week, so busy revising you know!

only 35 miles from the track, so may see you guys there...

cheers

ian

LEE P 18 January 2002 01:33 AM

hi all! is it a airfield converted track or proper track surface? what i really mean is it abrasive as fcuk on the tyres?

many thanks!
lee

Mellow Yellow ! 18 January 2002 08:13 AM

UK Legacy.....I used to board at St Mary's College, In Rho-on-sea :)

Laura....it's this Saturday AND Sunday....your dad would love it....a fair few of us travelling across in the morning.

Lee....it's a "proper" tarmac circuit MSA approved and is just like Donnington, Oulton park etc....quite short ( 1 mile ) with quite a few twisties :) So not too much wear on tyres methinks :D

Type R 18 January 2002 08:15 AM

Far less abrasive than Donnington, similar tyre wear to Oulton Park, if not less.

UkLegacyT 18 January 2002 10:47 AM

Mellow Yellow.....i went to llandrillo college, is on the hill above rhos-on-sea, near the church!
left there in 98 and now nearly done my degree...
oh, i take it ur goin to anglesey, what car have you got, isnt a P1 by any chance is it?

ian

DavidBrown 18 January 2002 10:53 AM

I'll say it now, rather than appearing as sour graps later...

The Skyline is new, and I'm taking it easy.. so when you pass me, don't kid yourself you're faster than a Skyline ;)

It's me that's slow, not the car :D

Mellow Yellow ! 18 January 2002 11:43 AM

Ian,
Know the college....I'm very old now and went to the boarding school from 1976 - 1982 !!!! :eek: used to have great battles with Rydal and St Davids....oh and a load of fun with the Penrhos girlies ;) I boarded at Llandudno Junction.....large house on top of a hill !
Yes....I have a P1...and a few other vehicles too :)

David....can't be me your directing your kind comments at...Phew...most skylines on the straight are far quicker than my P1....mind you, the F40 I gave away in February last year was even quicker...in a straight line...there again my Diablo was even quicker again.....horses for courses eh :)

DavidBrown 18 January 2002 11:47 AM

hehe, you do realise that it's not necessary to mention the cars you've ever owned in nearly all your posts don't you ;) Name dropping is awfully common :D You don't earn points for having expensive cars, and you'd be surprised who can afford them but don't talk about it. Money talks. Wealth whispers.

But no, wasn't particularly aiming any comments at anyone, just saying I'm taking it easy and having a fun trackday and not taking anything seriously other than safety.

[Edited by DavidBrown - 1/18/2002 11:49:48 AM]

UkLegacyT 18 January 2002 11:49 AM

nice one...
are you going on sat or sun?
probably wont be able to spare the time unfortunately, but you never know!

regards

ian

UkLegacyT 18 January 2002 11:50 AM

oops, david brown, just squeezed that one there didnt you,my last message was for you mellow yellow...

ian

jon hill 18 January 2002 11:51 AM

LOL @ DavidBrown :)

David - i'll be in a 115 bhp 205 pug

So, to avoid sour grapes later i'd just like to state for the record that when you pass me it's the car thats slow, not me :D :D

DavidBrown 18 January 2002 11:53 AM

that when you pass me
That's one heck of an assumption ! :D

jon hill 18 January 2002 12:21 PM

mmm.... from my recent experience you can wave as you past while theyre pulling me out of the tyres....

:D

Mellow Yellow ! 18 January 2002 06:40 PM

I'm there Saturday :D

Chris

[Edited by Mellow Yellow ! - 1/18/2002 6:43:47 PM]

teen_machine 18 January 2002 07:34 PM

Mellow....You stayin over on saturday night and doin sunday, or jus doin 1 day??
t_m

teen_machine 18 January 2002 07:35 PM

Replying before iv even asked the question now are we mellow?? slow down! :D
t_m

LEE P 19 January 2002 11:05 AM

Well mellow/type R i cant make this weekend as ive got a very poorly little girl, shes only 19 months orrrrr.
anyway i found details and descripton of the circuit in december CCC mag so i will try and attend another bookatrack day there!
looks fun!

typeR what model is it civic or integra? just interested.
cheers Lee

Type R 19 January 2002 12:26 PM

JDM Civic

Mellow Yellow ! 19 January 2002 07:46 PM

:(
Hope she's better soon Lee.
Chris

LEE P 19 January 2002 11:22 PM

cheers mellow, how did today go? or is it tomorrow? saw ya booked in on the bookatrack site. my litle has ear infection a seondary infection to her chest. :( been to hosi today.
what did you make of the circuit? is it worth a drive over?

Type R what is a JDM? is tht a import? these type R machines are supposed to be pretty quick! how does it handsle on the track?

Have either of you been to knockhill? whats it like to drive?

Type R 20 January 2002 08:06 AM

Japenese Domestic Market

Type R 20 January 2002 08:08 AM

Japenese Domestic Market

Is it quick on track, Yep, hassles the best of them.

Last time at Donnington, i was on slicks, and lapping with a Porshce 993 RS (or 911 RS?) i think, and an Ultima for about 10 laps, they had more power on the straights, i caught round the corners, and under braking.

Mellow Yellow ! 20 January 2002 11:22 AM

Lee,
Anglesey was OK, I wouldn't recommend it for any other car other than a Westie,Caterham type machine....very short circuit, very narrow with very poor and little run offs, 2 straights were short, struggled to get into 3rd gear for long.....wont be going again....having said that the P1 did well :)

Not been to Knockhill but told it's ace...check out the calender event on www.sidc.co.uk there's a trackday on the 17th March for only £55 :eek: all Subaru's too !!! I'll be on my way to Catalunya though :)