ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Interesting Dilema - Your Take On It? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/646550-interesting-dilema-your-take-on-it.html)

pslewis 09 November 2007 05:30 PM

Interesting Dilema - Your Take On It?

Let's assume something here:-

Mr X applies for tickets to a Football match because his birthplace team is playing at the ground he lives closest to.

In essense the Birthplace Team is visiting his Home Teams ground.

Mr X 'follows' the progress of his Birthplace Team but couldn't be classed as a proper 'supporter' as the last time he saw that team live was 8 years ago.

Anyway, Mr X has been told he cannot buy tickets for himself and his family as he was born in the place of the opposition team :eek:

He is told that he must buy from the 'away' Team .... but, he doesn't want to, as he can buy a membership card with the home team allowing access to other games in the future. He has been told he can buy a membership card and this will allow him to buy tickets in the future (including, one would assume, the corresponding fixture next year!?)

I'm sure this cannot be right? The Home Club are claiming 'Safety' which is a convenient word for them ..... but it's still a shocking state of affairs - or is it normal???

Jerome 09 November 2007 05:52 PM

I would say that was fairly normal.

gazza-uk 09 November 2007 05:59 PM

yip, even worse if you live in a city where they have 2 teams for example.

ie

If you wanted to buy a home ticket for Sheffield United -v- Sheffield Wednesday and you lived in the "wednesday side" of the city you would be rejected.

worley 09 November 2007 06:21 PM

Completely normal, get someone from another city to buy it for you.

I have been asked questions at the ticket office before - name the previous manager etc etc. Load of tosh really.

Nik

Fuzz 09 November 2007 06:32 PM

You mentioned football, I stopped reading after that. :D

pslewis 09 November 2007 07:12 PM

Mr X lives 8 miles from the ground he want tickets ... and has done for 36 years!! :eek:

hectic 09 November 2007 07:36 PM

its called loyalty to ones colours, Pete.. its like the world is full of 'Manure' supporters . how many actually *live* in Manchester?

hectic 09 November 2007 07:40 PM

And in this overly PC world in which we live, any footy team that allows an 'away' supporter into the 'home end' of a ground, can be done for all manner of things , such as incitement to riot!?!?!?! as well as not being in control of fans etc.. think of the health and safety issues of allowing mr X into the home end.. he doesnt even have a proper name, ffs.. what if hes needed urgently, and the tannoy announcer has to call him?

pslewis 09 November 2007 07:42 PM

Yes, but Mr X lives close to the ground he wishes to buy tickets, lived there for 36 years.

In the past 36 years he has seen more games at the local ground than he has seen his birthtown team play ... but cannot get a ticket to watch his birthtown play there (any other team is ok!!!!!!!)

Mr X would only sit with the families .... no where near the fanatical Home Fans

Madness!!

michaelro 09 November 2007 07:44 PM

Are Middlesbrough playing Southampton then :wonder:

pslewis 09 November 2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7398460)
Are Middlesbrough playing Southampton then :wonder:

Close shot ...... but missed by 45 miles :lol1:

mart360 09 November 2007 07:52 PM

so you want to go and see boro get beat :D:D

why not trundle the scoob up the M1 and go and see them play at ayresome park :D:D

Mart

pslewis 09 November 2007 07:56 PM

They play at the RIVERSIDE ..... Ayrsome Park is now a housing estate - but, I acknowledge your attempt ;) :thumb:

mickywrx 09 November 2007 08:01 PM

Better players in the housing estate, probably ;) :D

pslewis 09 November 2007 08:08 PM

Well, I was expecting to get something like ..... "Discrimination" "Victimisation" etc. so, I could advice Mr X to take them to court!! :D

But, you seem to support the stance of the Home Club?? :(

unclebuck 09 November 2007 08:25 PM

Why is it interesting?

:confused:

pslewis 09 November 2007 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 7398661)
Why is it interesting?

:confused:

Here he comes, like a bad nightmare :rolleyes:

It was clearly interesting enough for you to be drawn to actually post on it!!! :lol1:

mickywrx 09 November 2007 08:33 PM

Well, if Mike Ashley, owner of NUFC cannot wear a Toon top in the directors box at the Stadium of Sh1te, what hope have fans got.

It's all down to crowd order, I think.

Say Mr X(pete) the Boro fan, is sitting in the home end at the Reebok(Bolton) on Sunday when the smoggies are visiting. Boro score, Mr X(pete) goes wild with excitement, crowd proceed to go mental, and lynch Mr X(pete).

Actually, that's not a bad idea ;) :norty:

Serious moment, lynching Pete's just a joke on the end, but I believe that's the reasoning behind such decisions. Although I'm not sure how what ever club would know which club was being supported at the ticket office?

Unless Mr X turned up in his Boro shirt :wonder: to buy tickets.

unclebuck 09 November 2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7398677)
Here he comes, like a bad nightmare :rolleyes:

It was clearly interesting enough for you to be drawn to actually post on it!!! :lol1:

It's a reasonable enough question though clearly you are unable to answer it.

Simon 69 09 November 2007 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 7398710)
Well, if Mike Ashley, owner of NUFC cannot wear a Toon top in the directors box at the Stadium of Sh1te, what hope have fans got.

Im not feeling any love for the Mackems Michael..... :)

Simon 69 09 November 2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by gazza-uk (Post 7398119)
yip, even worse if you live in a city where they have 2 teams for example.

ie

If you wanted to buy a home ticket for Sheffield United -v- Sheffield Wednesday and you lived in the "wednesday side" of the city you would be rejected.

I live in SW Sheffield and its awash with dirty pig fans, but I can still buy Wednesday tickets. Am I taking your example too literally?

Simon ;)

mickywrx 09 November 2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Simon 69 (Post 7398735)
Im not feeling any love for the Mackems Michael..... :)

Nope, I hate the mackems. Derby day tomorrow. Black and White through and through. Damn proud of it.

pslewis 09 November 2007 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 7398710)
Unless Mr X turned up in his Boro shirt :wonder: to buy tickets.

Mr X is so innocent that he sent an e-mail asking for tickets 'near the Boro fans' as he used to watch them play many years ago :rolleyes: The stupid, idiotic, wally!! :lol1:

mart360 09 November 2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7398528)
They play at the RIVERSIDE ..... Ayrsome Park is now a housing estate - but, I acknowledge your attempt ;) :thumb:

lol wondered if you'd bite :D:D:D

even i knew that, and i DONT like football

Mart

mickywrx 09 November 2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7398861)
Mr X is so innocent that he sent an e-mail asking for tickets 'near the Boro fans' as he used to watch them play many years ago :rolleyes: The stupid, idiotic, wally!! :lol1:

Mr X can be really thick at times can't he. :p Pass on the advise to just go to the ticket office, and not get excited IF the smoggies score. :thumb:

pslewis 09 November 2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 7398875)
lol wondered if you'd bite :D:D:D

even i knew that, and i DONT like football

Mart

No you didn't ...... cos you're stoooopid ;) :lol1:

pslewis 09 November 2007 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 7398882)
Mr X can be really thick at times can't he. :p Pass on the advise to just go to the ticket office, and not get excited IF the smoggies score. :thumb:

They know Mr X's name ........

And will they eject said person from the ground, to sit in the Car Parks crying into his Boro Scarf?? ;)

BTW Boro don't score away from home! :lol1:

pslewis 09 November 2007 09:31 PM

Guide Mr X around the pitch avoiding Security ........ click 'nude runner' - press the RED Button and then the direction keys - it's quite funny!! ;) :lol1:

Google Image Result for http://www.unoriginal.co.uk/games12/nude%20runner.jpg

what would scooby do 09 November 2007 09:37 PM

p.s. It was Ayresome Park not Ayrsome Park ;)

pslewis 09 November 2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 7398970)
p.s. It was Ayresome Park not Ayrsome Park ;)

Type in AYRSOME Park in Google and you get a LOT of hits ;) :D