ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Xbox360 Fall Update 2007 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/644541-xbox360-fall-update-2007-a.html)

DJ Dunk 31 October 2007 10:03 AM

Xbox360 Fall Update 2007

No solid deatails out yet, but what would you like to see included ?

Here's a few of mine . . .
  • Xvid/Divx Codecs
  • Clans
  • 16:10 resolution
  • Web browser
  • Adjustable DVD speed to quieten the drive
How about you ?

messiah 31 October 2007 10:22 AM

Current due date is 31st Oct. (cough)

Inclusions are...

* Compatibility with 3rd party wireless controllers
* Compatibility with messenger pad
* Xbox Live Vision firmware upgrade, sharper image filtering
* Many more Vision Cam settings
* New screensaver settings - when away from Xbox 360, screensaver will play for optional time, before screen goes dark
* New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade
* Brand new “web based adver-games” flash games which aren’t downloaded, but are playable bite sized games, accessed via new Xbox Live Arcade Blade
* New Screensaver option in Themes and Gamer Pics option in Marketplace blade
* New functionality with Messenger, works with chatpad
* New XNA Game Launcher for those that have the program, new options
* New language, time and date settings
* New “advertising opportunities” in gameplay
* Xvid support
* New “favourites” option via Xbox Live Arcade, can rate according to preference
* IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor
* Filter friends list, will be able to filter friends via games
* New clan support - will be able to launch clan games direct from dashboard, can “fold” friends into new clan category in friends list
* Better translations in settings and other options for Japanese, German and Spanish languages
* New quick option to delete via X Button in memory viewer
* Option for having downloadable In-game content not inform when completed download
* Option for having video content not inform when completed download
* Faster settings for viewing unfinished video content downloads
* New option in Games tab - beta and others, will be launcher for MMO and multiplayer betas
* New option in Marketplace Games tab, search by letter, can be inputted via text pad or console
* Smarter game settings - you can be messaged via publishers about new in-game content for your games
* Picture in picture functionality for DVD Drive and some other updated settings
* Improved USB Keyboard settings
* Improved voice chat settings in game and from dashboard
* Faster response times to Redeem Code settings
* Option to play a Redeemed Code game straight after redeeming code
* Console will now recognise low Hard Drive space, will inform you immediately if can’t download current item, will automatically download next available that is able
* Increased space size for gamerpics and dashboard themes
* Themes can now be animated
* Themes may now have sound effects
* Better slideshow capabilitiesm new options added. New sound effects and integration with Hard Drive/ PC music capable
* New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to take

Photo's of new clan blade

http://bp1.blogger.com/_hPpXRMZej2U/...lanblade02.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_hPpXRMZej2U/...lanblade01.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_hPpXRMZej2U/...lanblade03.jpg

messiah 31 October 2007 10:24 AM

edit - that list includes IPTV but its been said since that it won't be making an appearance...

STi wanna Subaru 31 October 2007 10:27 AM

Divx\Xvid is all I really want!

DJ Dunk 31 October 2007 10:27 AM

Nice one :)

Xvid support :eek:

Is this list official ?

RB5-Black 31 October 2007 10:34 AM

Divx/Xvid support will make my day :)

messiah 31 October 2007 10:44 AM

Can't remember where I got that list from but the logo from the pics might be a bit of a giveaway.. teamxbox maybe?

Neanderthal 31 October 2007 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by RB5-Black (Post 7372973)
Divx/Xvid support will make my day :)

Mine too. Why the hell it's taking them so long to enable it I don't know. It could mean the 360 makes it's way back to the living room from the study!!

boxst 31 October 2007 11:10 AM

Wow ... if there really is DivX support then I can retire my old Xbox and gain some space under the TV.

Steve

InvisibleMan 31 October 2007 11:21 AM

divx mainly but things like being able to remove the details of deleted xbla demos from your game list

messiah 31 October 2007 11:26 AM

There's rumours going around of a big purge against those who boost or use gamesaves - some accounts may get "cancelled".

Major Nelson has been posting warnings about it.

The spring update blacklisted a lot of acounts.

Neanderthal 31 October 2007 11:28 AM

Good, and perhaps it'll do another sweeping ban of all the cocky people who've flashed their firmware...

Ghetto Dude3 31 October 2007 05:21 PM

and hopefully they can have a word with all the infractors as well :D

Neanderthal 01 November 2007 10:50 AM

Anyone had the update yet then?
If so can you confirm whether Xvids work?

messiah 01 November 2007 11:04 AM

Don't think its been released yet, think the updates usually appear on Tuesday / Wednesday like the XBLA titles so that'll be it for this week I'd say.

Can't see it being let into the wild without some prior warning from Major Nelson...

bob269 01 November 2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7375771)
Anyone had the update yet then?
If so can you confirm whether Xvids work?

Is this like a backwards compatibility feature, i thought we were on High Definition video these days :p

messiah 01 November 2007 12:01 PM

its a typo - he meant to write "XXX vids" :D

Neanderthal 01 November 2007 12:04 PM

Yes, I guess it is as I have a vast collection of Xvids stored on my PC I'd like to watch downstairs in the living room :p

davegtt 01 November 2007 01:41 PM

Its microsoft, surely they release their updates 2nd Tuesday of every month same as windows updates, no?

DJ Dunk 13 November 2007 06:40 PM

Now dated for December 4th :)

----------------------------------------------------------
After months of rummage and speculation, we have now finally learned the exact date of the Fall Dashboard Update’s arrival and some of the goodies that will come with it. Joining the already confirmed addition of the Parental Timer will be a brand new service that will let gamers download a selection of original Xbox titles.

According to the Official Xbox Magazine, the highly anticipated Fall Dash Update is slated to become available for download through Xbox Live on December 4th, falling in line with the recent rumors. Although the nitty-gritty details about the update are yet to be revealed, Microsoft has already confirmed that it’ll enable gamers to download a number of original Xbox titles for the price of 1200 MSP each. The following set of games will be available for download from day one, with more to be added in the future:

* Halo
* Fable
* Fahrenheit
* Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge
* Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
* Burnout 3

Unfortunately, whether or not the update will add the long-awaited video on demand service to European Marketplace or implement the long-rumored DivX support is still up in the air.

STi wanna Subaru 13 November 2007 06:43 PM

well if this is to be believed the PS3 is getting DivX support.

Three Speech

MS have to follow suit if that's the case.

DJ Dunk 13 November 2007 06:59 PM

Yeah, good news :)

Nasdaq 100 Flash Quotes

Kevin Hell's little slip up last week points to MS getting certification soon too.

Kevin Hell: Yes! that, uh, we’re in discussions with Microsoft on that at this point in time, so I can’t go into any great detail on that. Um that is not a certified, that is not a certified or licensed product at this time.

Neanderthal 13 November 2007 07:02 PM

It'll be a great shame that MS would only impliment DivX only when Sony put it on the PS3.
They've missed a great opportunity I think.

chrisowe 13 November 2007 07:31 PM

The interesting thing he mentions in that quote is the 'high visual quality' of Divx. Most of the Divx videos I've seen have been crap quality worse than VHS.

RB5-Black 13 November 2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by chrisowe (Post 7408286)
The interesting thing he mentions in that quote is the 'high visual quality' of Divx. Most of the Divx videos I've seen have been crap quality worse than VHS.

:eek2: DVD quality here :confused: don't know where or ho you get your Divx from but it's far from VHS quality

STi wanna Subaru 13 November 2007 10:20 PM

he's talking about cams clearly. All down to the source material.

Jamz3k 13 November 2007 10:24 PM

to be fair, i'd be happier if they put a bit more effort into making sure the xbox doesn't breakdown instead of pissing around with Xvid and all that shat!

chrisowe 13 November 2007 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by RB5-Black (Post 7408487)
:eek2: DVD quality here :confused: don't know where or ho you get your Divx from but it's far from VHS quality

When you say DVD quality what sort of filesize are you talking? About 1.5gig per 1 1/2 hours?

Dr.No 17 November 2007 05:41 PM

<sssshhhh> A VERY good authority on the Dec Xbox360 update has confirmed to me that DivX/Xvid, as well as most other video formats, will be supported...

...suffice it to say that HIS Xbox360 already had the proposed update.

DN

bob269 17 November 2007 08:49 PM

Hopefully it will, then finally you can all shut up moaning :D