ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dentist (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/644374-dentist.html)

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:00 PM

Dentist

Just been to the Dentist and still no fillings at the old age of 28 :D :smug:

Anyone else filling free :wonder:

davegtt 30 October 2007 02:01 PM

:D

Not been to the dentist since I was 15/16. Now a couple of months of 28 Ive saved a fortune :D

AndyC_772 30 October 2007 02:02 PM

I had my first one last year at 31 - not as a result of disease or decay but simple mechanical wear and tear. No drilling required, thankfully.

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:02 PM

£15 a year will hardly break the bank, don't be such a tight wod :D

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 7370539)
I had my first one last year at 31 - not as a result of disease or decay but simple mechanical wear and tear. No drilling required, thankfully.

Do they hurt :wonder:

davegtt 30 October 2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370541)

Well so far Ive saved £200 presuming the robbing gits didnt expect me to have work done ;)

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7370556)
Well so far Ive saved £200 presuming the robbing gits didnt expect me to have work done ;)

But it might cost you over that because you haven't been having check ups. You could have big holes forming in aload of your teeth and be in agony next week. :eek:

Happy thoughts :D

P1Fanatic 30 October 2007 02:09 PM

31 next April and none for me. Did have one as a kid but lost that when the tooth fell out (milk tooth not from fighting etc :)).

I normally go every 2 years for a checkup. Amazes me how many people go around with manky teeth and wonder why they have loads of problems. My teeth are a bit wonky but at least the feckers are clean. In fact last checkup they told me I overclean as gums have receded a bit. ffs can never win can you lol.

Simon

hutton_d 30 October 2007 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370525)
Just been to the Dentist and still no fillings at the old age of 28 :D :smug: Anyone else filling free :wonder:

Is that because you have no teeth ...??

Dave

matchmaker 30 October 2007 02:18 PM

Just finished a course of treatment today - replacement of old worn out fillings. I have a mouthful of amalgam, but it all dates back 40+ years to when I was a kid and ate too many sweet things!

I haven't had a new filling since then.

And why are people so terrified of going to the dentist? It doesn't hurt! My memories of the dentist as a kid were of a lot of pain - no anaesthetic used then :cry::cry::cry:

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 7370606)
Is that because you have no teeth ...??

Dave

If that was the case I wouldn't bother going to the dentist or am I missing something here :wonder:

AndyC_772 30 October 2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370546)
Do they hurt :wonder:

In my case, it was uncomfortable, but not painful as such. There was no drilling needed and no jabs, which is just as well because I'm terrible with needles. The dentist has to roughen the surface a little (with what I can only describe as an air-powered Dremel), and it's frightening to think 'if he overdoes it, then this is going to *really* hurt' - but that's all.

It was much less traumatic than the last time I had my teeth cleaned by the hygienist - I came away looking like Dracula after a night on the town... :eek:

SiPie 30 October 2007 02:20 PM

Hospital - Next Tuesday 1.30pm

4 wisdom teeth out, 2 of which are impacted, so it's general anaesthetic as they cut the lower jaw bone away to release the teeth :(

Only small consolation will be the time of work and the fact that it's BUPA

AndyC_772 30 October 2007 02:22 PM

Ooh, nasty :( Hope it goes OK.

I have the same, but thankfully they're not yet giving enough trouble to warrant having the op. It's not something I think I'd cope well with :(

SiPie 30 October 2007 02:24 PM

I have the same, but thankfully they're not yet giving enough trouble to warrant having the op. It's not something I think I'd cope well with
Put it off for 3 or 4 years, but the infections are becoming all too repetitive so it's time the feckers were out :thumb:

MattW 30 October 2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370541)

and the rest!

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 7370658)
and the rest!

Well I've never paid more than that, in fact less in previous years as I used too only pay a fiver. :D

Simon C 30 October 2007 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 7370629)
The dentist has to roughen the surface a little (with what I can only describe as an air-powered Dremel), and it's frightening to think 'if he overdoes it, then this is going to *really* hurt' - but that's all.

Thats actually a damn good description :thumb: They do about 250k rpm with a variety of bits inc diamond tipped drills.

Not too sure how much torque the have though, never been brave enough to try and find out.

davegtt 30 October 2007 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370570)
But it might cost you over that because you haven't been having check ups. You could have big holes forming in aload of your teeth and be in agony next week. :eek:

Happy thoughts :D

And it might not if I look after my teeth, theyre nice and white, all in order and no problems to date :thumb:

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7370832)
And it might not if I look after my teeth, theyre nice and white, all in order and no problems to date :thumb:

Ah yes so I've just seen, you are quite right you do have lovely teeth. :D

davegtt 30 October 2007 03:26 PM

Ah well, thanks for your expert opinion ;) :D

ScoobLou 30 October 2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7370853)
Ah well, thanks for your expert opinion ;) :D

You can thank RMA's great holiday pictures :D

hutton_d 30 October 2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 7370622)
If that was the case I wouldn't bother going to the dentist or am I missing something here :wonder:

You may need a new glass to put your dentures in at night .... :D

Dave