ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My new WRX STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/642600-my-new-wrx-sti.html)

VXhalo 21 October 2007 05:21 PM

My new WRX STI

Hello Guys

Finally got a car.

Its a WRX STI PPP type UK. its black with black wheels

Really pleased with it and very impressed with the accelartion.

looking forward to next summer when there will be the right weather to enjoy the car. Didnt realise how bad the fuel consumption would be, but didnt buy the car to whine about the costs :lol1:

Cheers Vxhalo

jonathan100 21 October 2007 07:07 PM

congrats mate. trust me the grin never goes away. get some pics up so we can have a look at your car.

VXhalo 22 October 2007 11:59 AM

Not to sure how to post pics

Any advice

Cheers

imprezaworks 22 October 2007 01:23 PM

New motor

Hi mate out of interest where did you buy your new car. I sold an 03sti a few weeks ago and it would be odd if you had bought it??

VXhalo 22 October 2007 04:16 PM

Bought it privately from North east

darrens_here 22 October 2007 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by VXhalo (Post 7347402)
looking forward to next summer when there will be the right weather to enjoy the car. Didnt realise how bad the fuel consumption would be, but didnt buy the car to whine about the costs :lol1:

Cheers Vxhalo

Me and you both !!! Bought mine 2 weeks ago, already fille dit up 4 times, and thats just with normal every day use............. !!! Worked it out, probably gonna cost me near enough 300 a month on petrol !!!!

hurry up summer, when I can get my bike out again !!!!

GeeDee 23 October 2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by VXhalo (Post 7347402)
Hello Guys looking forward to next summer when there will be the right weather to enjoy the car.

Winter is much more fun:thumb:

GazTheHat 23 October 2007 10:50 AM

Welcome to subaru ownership!

Got the fastest colour too. ;) Get some pics up.

Would be interested to see black with black wheels. I had the choice of silver or dark anthracite. I thought the dark would be too much, but i'm leaning towards dark now.

bob r 23 October 2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by gdavey (Post 7351289)
Winter is much more fun:thumb:

Agree.....faster in winter :norty:

New_scooby_04 23 October 2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 7351721)
Agree.....faster in winter :norty:

Yep, turbos love cold air! :thumb:

LOL were's that thread about the plonker who crashed the Skyline in winter, claiming it was ice!! :lol1:

Ns04

Zuby 23 October 2007 12:52 PM

I was thinking that that could have been mine. I too sold mine last week which is also 03stippp with black wheels but im in south east :razz:

really missing the car...:cry:

lestippp 23 October 2007 01:56 PM

Nice choice of car, same as mine although I have the bright flitter PFF7's on it. I take it the alloys are 18's because you need this size of wheel to get the full benefit of the PPP. :)
Dont worry about the fuel, you will average about 20mpg but it doesn't matter because every mile has a smile ;)

And remember the black ones are the fastest :cool:

The Trooper 1815 23 October 2007 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by lestippp (Post 7351958)
Nice choice of car, same as mine although I have the bright flitter PFF7's on it. I take it the alloys are 18's because you need this size of wheel to get the full benefit of the PPP. :)
Dont worry about the fuel, you will average about 20mpg but it doesn't matter because every mile has a smile ;)

And remember the black ones are the fastest :cool:

:confused:

VXhalo 23 October 2007 05:45 PM

here you go

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...Photo-0024.jpg

Guess thats not working then

I'll try again

BlackArrow 23 October 2007 05:50 PM

Looking nice and shiney. You'll have some fun, no doubt.:)

Scotty.

anthscooby01 23 October 2007 10:51 PM

Very nice!! Never was a fan of black ones till RB320 came out. Think my next one will be black STI 8/9 or Hawkeye now.

donnas roo 24 October 2007 08:36 AM

that looks really nice. you will spend half the time cleaning it, they don't half attract the dirt.:lol1: had mine for 2 years now and still love it.
Get it well belled up as the local scroates tend to like them as well :mad:

GeeDee 24 October 2007 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lestippp (Post 7351958)

Can anyone explain why PPP benefits from 18" wheels bearing in mind the rolling radius should be the same?

VXhalo 24 October 2007 01:01 PM

Thanks for comments lads

Looking forward to giving it a good treatment of Swissol :lol1:

Gangle 24 October 2007 03:01 PM

Yep, I agree the fuel is quite bad and what doesnt help is that Mr Brown is hell bent on the eco tax revenue generation system so were going to get stung alot more.. But if you dont drink heavily or smoke, your still in pocket and get to grin like a loony every time you pull up at the front of the lights.

....... Thinking we should have a group buy on a shell petrol tanker!!! That'd bring the cost down a little.

I wantde one in black, but settled for blue, however I love it all the same. Nice car, wishing you all the best keeping the little bugger clean!