ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spec C Boot Lining required (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/642462-spec-c-boot-lining-required.html)

treb0r 20 October 2007 10:16 PM

Spec C Boot Lining required

I'm the very proud, recent owner of a 2005 Spec C. However, the boot layout is so impractical and so I wondered if anyone knew if a boot lining was available to make this space more usable.
I'm just fed up of losing stuff under the spare wheel.

Thanks in advance for all useful replies.

scooby-tc 20 October 2007 10:20 PM

you can get the standard STi boot lining for it but i mean what is the point in buying a spec c if you want to put all the STi refinements back in :wonder:

corradoboy 20 October 2007 10:20 PM

Either get a new one from the dealers or get to a scrappers. Jasemac may be able to help you out. Give Scoobyclinic a call too as they often have right-offs knocking about for spares. I don't think the weight of a boot liner will completely ruin the Spec C experience.

TonyBurns 21 October 2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by scooby-tc (Post 7346000)
you can get the standard STi boot lining for it but i mean what is the point in buying a spec c if you want to put all the STi refinements back in :wonder:

Have to agree with this! ;)
The entire point of the spec c is that its raw and uncompromising, in 3 years of ownership i didnt put a boot lining in, if you wanted a boot lining, you really dont have the right car for you (if you just went out and bought it becase it was fast), it defeats the object.

Tony:)

MrRA 21 October 2007 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 7346835)
Have to agree with this! ;)
The entire point of the spec c is that its raw and uncompromising, in 3 years of ownership i didnt put a boot lining in, if you wanted a boot lining, you really dont have the right car for you (if you just went out and bought it becase it was fast), it defeats the object.

Tony:)

Couldn't agree more. Leave it as nature (or Subaru in this case;) ) intended.

Terminator X 21 October 2007 12:14 PM

You woose! No boot lining in mine ;)

TX.

Edit - on a more useful note you can get a rubber mat that fits in the boot which would stop stuff rolling around. Seen some on Fleabay ...

bluenosewrx 21 October 2007 03:12 PM

Ive got a Rubber boot liner in mine,just stops stuff going all over the place, think it came from a estate subaru, it goes half way up the intercooler tank and protects it as well,got it at litchfields for about £50 when i got my car.

If you need a pic, let me know and i will nip out and take one.

Mac

treb0r 29 October 2007 02:27 PM

Thanks for all the useful replies and I appreciate all of the purist concerns also.
As this is a family car and my daily driver...... believe me, this is the only weight I'll be adding other than carrying the kids around.