ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Question regarding possible car scams going on recently (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/642339-question-regarding-possible-car-scams-going-on-recently.html)

kilo_4que 20 October 2007 11:03 AM

Question regarding possible car scams going on recently

Hi guys, recently I have realised a common trend on ebay, Auto trader and piston heads. People are selling their cars at a lower price to what the car is really worth, they even speak good english for a change but then bomb you with a story which goes along the lines of. The car was bought in uk, taken to a "a european" country due to work purposes and due to situation now changing need to sell asap. They even give assurance that you pay nothing until you see the car first.

They only differ by some of them asking "all we need is your name and address" to confirm or some rubbish.

Now I have found this a common trend over the last month or two. Can someone explain to me what they are upto and how it is different to the 619 Nigerian scam.

Btw they also have pics of the uk cars with number plates showing, surely someone must have clicked on if their car is being advertised without their consent.

cheers

[Davey] 20 October 2007 11:25 AM

People get greedy and go in for some deals that are clearly dodgey as hell! There always money to be made from the greedy :)

kilo_4que 20 October 2007 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey] (Post 7344766)
People get greedy and go in for some deals that are clearly dodgey as hell! There always money to be made from the greedy :)

:lol1:

myblackwrx 20 October 2007 11:28 AM

The scams are actually 419 (Welcome to the 419 Eater read for a laugh).

i've read of people turning up to collect the item and being robbed.

This thread is another of a guy advertising a car he doesn't even own (at the particular time)
Djcc -> For Attention Of Iain(toyotagtturbo)

Personally it looks to good to be true it normally is

kilo_4que 20 October 2007 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7344772)
The scams are actually 419 (Welcome to the 419 Eater read for a laugh).

i've read of people turning up to collect the item and being robbed.

This thread is another of a guy advertising a car he doesn't even own (at the particular time)
Djcc -> For Attention Of Iain(toyotagtturbo)

Personally it looks to good to be true it normally is

Bloomen heck, i take a right "entourage" with me when im going to buy a car. Well see how they rob me lol.

Terminator X 20 October 2007 12:26 PM

^^ Best to just stay clear fella isn't it?! Why go to all that hassle when there are plenty of genuine sellers.

I'm selling a car at the moment & 80% of the interest is from scammers. Foreign numbers calling my mobile with people whose accents I can barely understand let alone do business with. I play along for a little while just to waste their time, no intention to sell to the feckers though!

TX.