ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Impreza Exhaust & Log Book question (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/640181-impreza-exhaust-and-log-book-question.html)

VXhalo 09 October 2007 07:38 PM

Impreza Exhaust & Log Book question

Hello Guys

First poster.

Just put a deposit down on a 2005 '05' Impreza WRX STI

An aftermarket exhaust has been fitted to the car and i would like to put an original back on is it just a case of swapping them back ??

Also the log book states the model is an 'impreza WRX' and says nothing about the STI - is this correct ??

Where the engine number is stated in the log book it has 'Unknown' instead - Can anybody help with this one ??

Thanks in advance

robby 09 October 2007 08:39 PM

yep - the exhaust is a straight swap

if you want a standard 1 i'll swap mine + cash :)

VXhalo 09 October 2007 08:47 PM

Robby

I will be picking the car up sat and willing to discuss the changing of the exhaust- not sure if its a full system though will try to find out

No answers on the other questions ???

If you send me your details later on in the week i can give you a call regarding the exhaust

Cheers :)

robby 09 October 2007 09:33 PM

where abouts are you based? i'm in west yorkshire

VXhalo 10 October 2007 05:25 AM

north east stockton on tees

Terminator X 10 October 2007 10:13 PM

VX.

All sounds a bit strange! Is it an import rather than UK car as sounds like a JDM (Jap import) to me? I'd question why you'd swop the exhaust back as chances are the current one is better than original.

Put some pics up & you'll get some better replies.

TX.

VXhalo 11 October 2007 09:08 AM

Terminator X,

Definately not an import

Was hoping for a couple of answers from you guys but so far no help with regards to the log book

I have to ask why you think that exhaust would be better ??
(is louder better)

An afterMarket exhaust is very likely to make it louder and that is not what I would like from the car(neither would my neighbours)

Please give me your mail address and I can forward you a pic of the exhaust then you can give me your comments (no idea how to post pics)
Personally I think the exhaust is a touch on the big side and like the original WRX STI exhaust and would be quite willing to trade

Cheers halo

Big_Papa_T 11 October 2007 02:32 PM

Don't like the fact that the log book only states WRX. I have a 53 plate STi and it states WRX STi Type UK on the log book.

Are you buying from a garage or privately?

When I was buying my car there were plenty of garages that know nowt about Subarus and were advertising WRX's as STi's, are you 100% certain its a STi and not a WRX with STi extras?

Brownbread 11 October 2007 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by VXhalo (Post 7322594)
Terminator X,

Definately not an import

Was hoping for a couple of answers from you guys but so far no help with regards to the log book

I have to ask why you think that exhaust would be better ??
(is louder better)

An afterMarket exhaust is very likely to make it louder and that is not what I would like from the car(neither would my neighbours)

Please give me your mail address and I can forward you a pic of the exhaust then you can give me your comments (no idea how to post pics)
Personally I think the exhaust is a touch on the big side and like the original WRX STI exhaust and would be quite willing to trade

Cheers halo

Standard exhausts can be quite restrictive. The after market ones with a bigger bore are more free flowing, therefore helping the gasses on thier way and improving the performance and efficency of the turbo and engine.

movi-star 11 October 2007 03:27 PM

It should have STi sprayed on the intercooler, also the dash dials have STi logos, Brembo brakes etc

The Trooper 1815 11 October 2007 04:07 PM

Rear Wiper on a Saloon, instant recognition feature, also stating "Engine Number Unkown" in the log book!

53 11 October 2007 04:10 PM

Whats the reg number, the RAC vehicle check will tell you what its registered as.

Car Data Check

My STi comes back as follows.

Make SUBARU
Year of manufacture 2006
Model IMPREZA WRX STI
Engine size(CC) 2457

VXhalo 11 October 2007 04:30 PM

Cheers lads for all the posts

Just found out from Subaru UK that it is infact a European import (garage advertised as UK)
Though does not seem to be a problem because they advised servicing should not be a problem and still covered under warranty (is there any cost differences between the 2)

Yes definately an STI with all the kit (Brembos etc)

Getting the car at the right price and spoke to insurance and all seems ok though quite worried to begin with

Though the exhaust is still not something to my taste its slightly on the large side so going to try to get a standard STI item.

Again cheers for the help

Look forward to picking the car up now

Flaps 11 October 2007 06:09 PM

I'm sure you'll have no probs getting someone on here to swap. 99% of owners want to go the other way! I'd try it for a bit and see how you get on.

renny 11 October 2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by VXhalo (Post 7323586)
Cheers lads for all the posts

Just found out from Subaru UK that it is infact a European import (garage advertised as UK)
Though does not seem to be a problem because they advised servicing should not be a problem and still covered under warranty (is there any cost differences between the 2)

Yes definately an STI with all the kit (Brembos etc)

Getting the car at the right price and spoke to insurance and all seems ok though quite worried to begin with

Though the exhaust is still not something to my taste its slightly on the large side so going to try to get a standard STI item.

Again cheers for the help

Look forward to picking the car up now

I know you said you're getting it for the right price but european imports are lots cheaper when bought new.

Whereas a Type UK will cost around £26k now,a european import can be had for £20k so bear this in mind before parting with your cash mate.

ScoobyMaz 11 October 2007 06:25 PM

I was the same, thought my exhaust was a bit too loud on my STi. After a year, a few meets and a couple of tunnel runs, I am looking for something new and possibly louder.............a year ago I would never had said that!
Stick with it and you will probably come to like it:norty:
As for neighbours, leaving it ticking over for a minute or so after a good run late at night won't matter what exhaust you have on it will upset them:luxhello: :lol1: