ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   TESCO 99RON SHOULD I??? HELP NEEDED (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/639373-tesco-99ron-should-i-help-needed.html)

denny33 05 October 2007 09:52 PM

TESCO 99RON SHOULD I??? HELP NEEDED

HI
I HAVE A 03 STI JUST WONDERD IF IT IS OK TO RUN ON IT.:wonder: HELP PLEASE???

p1prodrive 05 October 2007 09:53 PM

yes, its very good fuel

petes21st 05 October 2007 10:22 PM

i only use shell v-power which is now 1.05p by the way,
i remember a problem with tesco fuel not so long ago, but it doesnt really matter anyway it depends on the area you live in. differant areas differant suppliers

denny33 05 October 2007 10:24 PM

CHEERS MATEY

;)

Originally Posted by petes21st (Post 7309295)
i remember a problem with tesco fuel not so long ago, but it doesnt really matter anyway it depends on the area you live in. differant areas differant suppliers

THANKYOU ;)

scoobyjay7 06 October 2007 12:06 AM

Tesco near me does not do 99:cry:

JamesVTS 06 October 2007 04:23 PM

use it all the time, no problems here:)

madmooro 06 October 2007 05:03 PM

any petrol is ok for a scooby dependant on what you want from it /how you drive it .

i had it explained to me like this .(even i understood :-)

if you want to feed your car junk food all the time IE normal unleaded ,and then drive it around like a snail .this shouldn't be a problem .but and this is the but .if you then decide that you want to run the 100 metres in record time dont expect it to run it well

if you feed it health food ie super uleaded v power .and want to run it like a snail still wont do it anything bad .but this is where it gets better .want to do the same 100 metres dash .woohoo ya got a world record on ya hands .

iam not saying a tank of junk food is going to kill ya car .same as i not saying health food isnt going to make it live longer .but either will do the same job just abit different dependant on what and how you drive it

20withascooby 06 October 2007 06:26 PM

use tescos 99 all tym but atm no where has got any

mikey-r 06 October 2007 08:46 PM

Been using it in mine since I bought the car - can't fault it. But it's been a bit difficult to get this last week and I ran my car right down to the wire but all's good now as my local Tesco had a delivery yesterday!:luxhello:

M.

movi-star 06 October 2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by petes21st (Post 7309295)

That was normal unleaded they had a problem with, not 99ron.

Ive done 40,000 miles on 99ron and not had a single problem.

denny33 06 October 2007 09:42 PM

THANKS YOU LOT

:notworthy

Originally Posted by mikey-r (Post 7311044)
Been using it in mine since I bought the car - can't fault it. But it's been a bit difficult to get this last week and I ran my car right down to the wire but all's good now as my local Tesco had a delivery yesterday!:luxhello:

M.

GOOD ADVICE THANKYOU:luxhello:

renny 07 October 2007 05:42 PM

Both V Power and Tesco 99 are good.

Have used both but sticking with V Power for the moment.

Tesco is the best alternative IMHO.