ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bumper Respray Staines/Ashford Area (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/63889-bumper-respray-staines-ashford-area.html)

Sonic Boom 09 January 2002 11:20 AM

Appologies all if this is the wrong forum, but need to do this fast.

I left for work this morning to find a Fiesta right up against my car in the street. After inspection, the fiesta has scraped the paint off my rear bumper whilst parking. (All the way down to the bumper). ... and guess what .... no note..

Having had this before with the front bumper and the car driving off I sprang into action. Took some photos, went up the road and tracked down who the person was at an office. Got their details along with a "I didn't do it". Pointed out the blue paint on her bumper.... "Its just a scratch".... ?!?!?

Now I need to know a good firm in the Staines/Ashford/Chertsey sort of area who can sort out the rear bumper of a 99T Subaru Impreza STi 5 Type R Limited Edition (Sonic Blue obviously).

Anyone had any good work done around this area. Speedy response would be appreciated.

Cheers Guys and gals,

Sonic

Robyn 09 January 2002 12:27 PM

Good luck I have been looking round here to get my scratched rear bumper sorted. Almost resigned myself to traveling or going to chips away through the RAC. Which may be the best bet. They come to you and should be some warrenty as its through the RAC. not the should!

if you do find anywhere pass on the good news getting quite a collection of scratches which I keep putting off getting repaired as I bet as soon as they are done another will appear!

Sonic Boom 09 January 2002 02:46 PM

Any one :(

OK, I'll expand my area to Surrey, Berkshire and Middlesex, but that's my final offer... ;)

Cheers,
Sonic

AJF 09 January 2002 05:01 PM

try ambassodar c/w in woking tel 01483747752 top blokes do all my paint work

barge 09 January 2002 06:23 PM

I use Fairlands Bodywork in Garth Road Morden Surrey

Almost opposite the rubbish dump.

Steve is the head man, never had a problem there, they do private & main dealer work as well as special stuff.

Fairlands Bodywork
218, Garth Rd
Morden Surrey SM4 4NA

020 8330 6995

Kingsize K2 10 January 2002 02:22 AM

Try Neweld in Chertsey (01932 567371). Speak to either Paul or John who own the place and tell them I sent you :D

They have done my Alfa GTV and old 328i. My STi is going in next week after some old girl reversed into me whilst I was sitting
in the car! "It's nothing - don't make a mountian out of a molehill!"

Sure, only £300 worth :(

Andy Tang 10 January 2002 02:32 AM

A place called Bodycraft in Ashford was recommended to me, but I've never used them.

Their number is 01784-246831

Sonic Boom 10 January 2002 11:54 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll start checking them out. :)

Cheers,
Sonic

Robyn 10 January 2002 12:20 PM

Sonic

let me know the prices you get quoted, maybe its time I got my cars patched up after all.