ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I'm not at all worried about Ray, I don't give a damn about Delilah.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/638324-im-not-at-all-worried-about-ray-i-dont-give-a-damn-about-delilah.html)

Drunken Bungle Whore 01 October 2007 10:36 AM

I'm not at all worried about Ray, I don't give a damn about Delilah....

....and Mr Rock and Roll can go fcuk himself! :mad:

Not that they're bad tunes - but are they the only 3 records that radio stations are allowed to play?

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

There is a massive amount of brilliant new music around - and 50 odd years of musical history to wade through - why keep playing the same bloody tunes over and over and over and over and over again?!!!!!

And it's not just one station - I've been whizzing around the country again, tuning in to a mix of national and local stations and they're all the same!!

GO AND BUY SOME NEW MUSIC FFS! :mad:

....and breath.... :)

PeteBrant 01 October 2007 10:40 AM

The Radio one birthday thing last week with bands doing covers fof hits from the last 40 years was pretty good. Just the DJs that ruin it by generally being slightly less intelligent than your average goat.

I agree though, especially commercial stations, they are terrible for overplaying tunes.

dpb 01 October 2007 10:46 AM

aaah you cant beat a bit of Ken Bruce :)

to send you back to sleep

Clarebabes 01 October 2007 11:09 AM

Ah... reminds me of Corsica a few years back. The only decent radio station was an R'nB one which only had about 6 songs which they played over and over again.

Radio 1 is just as bad. Why not listen to Radio 2? They seem to dig out the oldies as well as play some of the more modern stuff.

DCI Gene Hunt 01 October 2007 11:10 AM

Wogan :thumb:

davegtt 01 October 2007 11:12 AM

9-10am on Radio 1. The golden hour. Best bit of radio for years :)

Paul3446 01 October 2007 11:50 AM

Radio 5 live, no rubbish music on there!

If I want music I put on a CD. :thumb:

Abdabz 01 October 2007 03:07 PM

Delila track is pants and is getting hammered... If a busker wrote that himself and sung it outside boots on a Saturday aftenoon, he wouldnt make more than his busfare home... I can only summise that the singer has something on the record company exec and the power of marketing and subliminal messaging is leading some musicaly challenged dunderswedes to go out and buy it...
Decorators have the radio in my gaff today and after 5 hours we have now heard it 365,221 times :eek:

MK5 01 October 2007 04:03 PM

Gold on DAB :thumb:

Kieran_Burns 01 October 2007 04:27 PM

Mix of Classic FM and Kerrang!!!!

Works for me :D

dpb 01 October 2007 04:28 PM

lol

Fip-on the internet for me :thumb:

davegtt 01 October 2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 7296823)
Delila track is pants and is getting hammered... If a busker wrote that himself and sung it outside boots on a Saturday aftenoon, he wouldnt make more than his busfare home... I can only summise that the singer has something on the record company exec and the power of marketing and subliminal messaging is leading some musicaly challenged dunderswedes to go out and buy it...
Decorators have the radio in my gaff today and after 5 hours we have now heard it 365,221 times :eek:

Disagree, think its a great song personally, musically wise its a pretty easy track to play but the lyrics etc are pretty cool. I dont think they played enough of Newton Faulkners stuff though.

SiPie 01 October 2007 05:07 PM

Quite comical reading this....

Guess which 2 tracks went down a treat when my covers band (well it's money !!) played on Friday night ... ?

Yup......
Hey there Delilah - The Plain White T's
Newton Faulkner - Dream Catch me
The View - Same Jeans

Crowd (general youngish average busy Friday night pub crowd) appreciated them alot more then Pinball Wizard, Flourescent Adolescent, Are you gonna be my girl, Mardy Bum etc etc

You've got to play what the crowd wants and I guess radio stations feel the same

C'est la Vie

Imprezive_52 01 October 2007 05:19 PM

Being a

musicaly challenged dunderswede
i have the plain white T's album but also have recently got the Newton Faulkner album.

I have to agree with some comments that the plain white T album is simple yank pop at best and the album pays no resemblance to the single they have released. That's in my opinion, each to their own of course.

Newton Faulkner however has released a great album IMO, and has some really good music on it. Had it for a week now after getting it for my birthday from the Mrs and have played it non stop pretty much.
The music is likable but technically good also so scoes good points from me! ;)

Paul3446 01 October 2007 05:34 PM

One day you'll all discover Elliott Smith, til then I can just be so :smug: !

DCI Gene Hunt 01 October 2007 06:10 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else now constantly singing that flaming Tom Jones version of Delilah.... :mad:

"Hey, hey, hey.... Delilah...." :D

dpb 01 October 2007 06:37 PM

You mean hes talking about some other Delilah ? :o

All Torque 01 October 2007 09:54 PM

I keep hearing Peter Bjorn and Jhon featuring Victoria Bergman, I just had to Youtube it just to see her as I`d never heard of her before and here she is
YouTube - PB&J young folks

bugeyeandy 01 October 2007 10:03 PM

I keep hearing Peter Bjorn and Jhon featuring Victoria Bergman, I just had to Youtube it just to see her as I`d never heard of her before and here she is
YouTube - PB&J young folks
Now that is hilarious, like a bad karaoke night in the local :eek:

davegtt 01 October 2007 10:12 PM

Imprezive, which album do you have of the Plain White Ts. 'All that we needed' is pretty good IMO. Havent really took to 'Stop' Although Lonely September is a nice track if you liked Delilah. :)

f1_fan 02 October 2007 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 7296201)
Why not listen to Radio 2?

Three reasons for starters: Wogan, Steve Wright and Chris Evans.

The music doesn't matter as these three egotistical tossers talk over it anyway.

Check out the Internet radio station Radio Paradise (Radio Paradise - eclectic online rock radio)

all about the music and something for everyone on there including music you would never here anywhere else.

dpb 02 October 2007 08:29 AM

heh Wogans all allright if your driving into work - agree about the other 2

[Davey] 02 October 2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 7296201)
Ah... reminds me of Corsica a few years back. The only decent radio station was an R'nB one which only had about 6 songs which they played over and over again.

Not Skyrock by any chance? :lol1: still playing the same 6 songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER.. just a slightly newer selection of six songs :lol1:

[Davey] 02 October 2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 7298691)
heh Wogans all allright if your driving into work - agree about the other 2

STW Rocks FTW!! :notworthy

Imprezive_52 02 October 2007 08:37 AM

Davegtt - not sure which album it is to be honest. . . .the latest one!??
It's bad really but i never pay attention to the album titles.

I'll go have a look and will give it another chance to see what a second listen brings up.

f1_fan 02 October 2007 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 7297111)
You've got to play what the crowd wants and I guess radio stations feel the same

C'est la Vie

Except it is the radio stations that decide what the crowd want if you get my drift. ;)