ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scooby driving thugs.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/63810-scooby-driving-thugs.html)

zip106 08 January 2002 09:21 PM

I have just heard from a freind of mine a rather disturbing story.On Sunday last I attended a meet of the Peugeot GTi Autosport Club of which I was (am) amember ( had a 106GTi previuosly).My friend was on his way home @ 4-5 pm doing @ 80mph down a dual carriageway.An Impreza pulled out infront of him into his lane,mate steps on brakes and gives Imp. a flash-(we've all done that)The Impreza then takes up both lanes and slows to a stop! 3 big lads get out with a baseball bat and proceed to tell m8 what they think of him, his car, his race etc.He t just manages to get his car between them and bollards but they hit his car with the bat! Fortunately the damage was minor to the car but it shook him up a bit! This was on a stretch of road from Bassets Pole near Coventry/Brum area.
Just thought you would like to know that we have some dodgy people in our midst.
And if YOU are reading this- you know who YOU are- scum.

bogie 08 January 2002 09:26 PM

ToZZers

I know where the bat should be shoved!!

I hate these kind of numbnuts.

Kosy 08 January 2002 10:02 PM

If thats what they are like then i doubt they read this site.
Glad your mate managed to get away ok, i hope he got their reg. plate so he can tell the cops.

boomer 08 January 2002 10:27 PM

Zip106,

do you know what colour and model (big spoiler, little spoiler etc.) the thug's Impreza was?

Just so that i can avoid them if i meet them :eek:

mb

p.s. presumably this was the A38?

Ian Cook 08 January 2002 11:08 PM

and presuming it wasnt stolen !

mutant_matt 09 January 2002 07:47 AM

Ian,

"hopefully" it was :eek::rolleyes:

Matt :(

Dizzy 09 January 2002 08:02 AM

I really can't belive this sort of thing happens :( Why do ppl do this? ahh well Glad he got away ok...

I doupt its anyone here to. I'm only 5'10" and I carry cricket bats not baseball bats ;)

MATTeL 09 January 2002 08:03 AM

Not nice, some people are just plain nasty sometimes.

I agree with Matt so we can claim even more distance from these guys.

Jolly Green Monster 2 09 January 2002 11:07 AM

That is out of order!

The other week I had to cut someone up to avoid a lorry which changed lanes without indicating or caring that I was in the lane beside him on the M25 and the guy I cut up obviously didn't see any of this.. I didn't cut him up too bad either, yet he ended up waving a crow bar out the window! I just laughed and pressed the loud pedal... could have got nasty though... nothing as bad as the guy in the GTi had to put up with though.

Do we know details of the car, needs to be fairly solid description though as wouldn't want to mistake someone else but being in the area on occassions if we see them we should report them..
These scum need reporting not avoiding..
I believe they may need to have more than a base ball bat to get away with they are on there way to a game...

BaldyMan 09 January 2002 11:55 AM

Shocking state of affairs.

It says something about the scumbags in this world, when you can't even go for a drive without being, threatened, or worse still, assaulted.

Police are that busy pulling over people who are 2 miles over the speed limit, that there is no one left to go after the crazies.

Don't quote me, but i'm sure that they have got their priorities mixed up.

zoog 09 January 2002 12:11 PM

It was probably stolen as Scoobies are as we all know the fave mode of transport for organised crime thugs on a job these days. What sort of person routinely keeps a baseball bat in the car for violent purposes?!

He didn't get the reg number did he?

Nick L 09 January 2002 12:18 PM

Agree with Kosy. Probably don't read the site on the basis that they probably can't read.

speedking 09 January 2002 12:56 PM

If reversing wasn't an option then there were presumably other witnesses also impeded. I wish people would offer assistance in such situations. If independents reported to the police then chances are higher that the thugs would get a visit.

zip106 09 January 2002 07:44 PM

He was more concerned in getting away so didnt notice the reg. There were about 10 cars behind him at the time but obviously didn't wait for any witnesses! His car is a nice 206 with a supercharger but he'd been having trouble with the 'charger so it was disconnected, still, he managed to get away ok (apart from his car!) As for reporting to the police....young man,fast car....are they likely to take him seriously.....?

scooby555 09 January 2002 07:51 PM

I have to confess, I do not have a baseball bat in my car, but I do have a large maglite ;)

juan 01 September 2002 12:28 PM

I have known a few people who like to keep a bat in their car. More for defense that attack

Not 100% sure but you have a lot of explaining to do to the old bill if they see a bat. It may even be illegal to have a baseball bat in your car unless you have a ball to go with it.

Hope I remember to get the car reg if anything similar happens to me. Must be difficult to remember during stressful times like that

[Edited by juan - 1/9/2002 12:29:13 PM]