ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Gary at Michaels doesn't do it again! (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/637740-gary-at-michaels-doesnt-do-it-again.html)

scoobynutta555 28 September 2007 01:28 PM

Gary at Michaels doesn't do it again!

Third year in a row now I've tried to get a quote from Gary but still nothing. Maybe I'll try again next year. Do you ever call back customers Gary! It's like Groundhog day.

2pac 28 September 2007 01:33 PM

ive also sent him messages thats not been replied to but if you think about how many people must be asking for gary then its not suprising people may get missed or he takes a while to get back to you. If i wanted a quote off of him that bad id keep trying, so if you want it that bad then i suggest you spend more time trying to get hold of him rather than come on here starting threads just to have a whinge! :mad:

v8voodoo 28 September 2007 02:04 PM

I spoke to him yesterday on my second attempt (he was answering two phones at my first attempt and asked if I could call back after 15 mins). Well worth the wait. He beat A-Plans renewal quote by £300 (mods'n'points declared). Worth a bit of patience and persistance in my book.

Moley 28 September 2007 03:32 PM

Sorry to anyone i haven't got back to, but as others have said it is a bit manic here at the moment.

Thank you for those who have kept trying, i do try to make the wait worth while if i can :thumb:

2pac - yhpm

BULLITT 28 September 2007 04:25 PM

Gary's sorted mine out as well, top bloke and quick service :thumb:

But he is busy for christs sake, I had to call him a few times about my policy when setting it up. I seriously doubt you would appreciate this sort of thread appearing about you. Just be patient, if its urgently needed you should have started getting quotes earlier.

Maz 28 September 2007 05:37 PM

Never had a problem top service and cheaper premiums every time.

scoobynutta555 28 September 2007 06:06 PM

Well I tried a few times 2pac, but no I didn't need a 'quote that bad'. Luckily A-plan provided a good enough quote for me. I appreciate people are busy, but I'm busy too, and an office that closes at 5pm? probably isn't for me anyway.

Hey-ho in 11 months time I'll try you again Gary and maybe after 4 years of trying you could provide me with a quote :)

scooby-tc 28 September 2007 07:20 PM

Gary quoted me happy :thumb: and is always available when i ring top bloke.Just reduce my premium for next yeah eh Gary ;)

Moley 28 September 2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 7289465)
and an office that closes at 5pm? probably isn't for me anyway.

5 o'clock??? Wish i knew that before, i've been working till 6pm for the last 4+ years ;)

Like i said sorry you couldn't get through to me, but 99% people manage to (even if it does take a few tries).

RJMS 28 September 2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 7289732)
5 o'clock??? Wish i knew that before, i've been working till 6pm for the last 4+ years ;)

Like i said sorry you couldn't get through to me, but 99% people manage to (even if it does take a few tries).

Is ringing you personally the only way to get a quote?. As mentioned on another thread I PMd you, filled in your on-line form & spoke to one of your colleagues (whilst you were away) and still didn't get a quote.

SC008Y_MAD 28 September 2007 08:07 PM

If you keep trying and you want gary to quote you happy, then juust keep trying, Its worth the wait. :notworthy

Bug Eyed Peas 28 September 2007 08:13 PM

Yep worth the wait Darren :)

cookstar 28 September 2007 08:18 PM

Well worth the wait and maybe a few phonecalls;)

Saved me £700 this year :eek: and more on my second policy.

Is it any wonder the guy is so busy :thumb:

Jamo 28 September 2007 09:31 PM

saved me a lot more than that! and many of my friends!!!

barry wemyss 28 September 2007 09:55 PM

any details of this company as i would like to get a quote as i took the first insurance company that gave me a quote

robby 28 September 2007 10:53 PM

how do you get to do an online quote - is there a website for them?

does anyone have the contact details for gary?

Andygreer 28 September 2007 11:01 PM

i spoke to gary this week awsoem quote and im sure aplan wont beat it :) i await till next week

BIG FUD 28 September 2007 11:47 PM

Gary is deffo 100% the 1

As above i changed from a plan to gary had many changes in my spec always sorts out the change in spec and today again i got letter saying my car been re valued to match its now huge spec stick with it he will be the best in the long haul..

Cheers again moley ...

C. J. 29 September 2007 07:02 AM

Gets my vote & don't have a prob getting hold of him ( on the phone lol)

Rubberscooby 29 September 2007 07:52 AM

Hard man to get hold off but he does give a very competative quote. :thumb:

Couldn't beat my renewal though :cry: Never mind maybe next year.

girl-in-a-scoob 29 September 2007 08:33 AM

Moley please contact JDMSteve... having problems getting through to you

https://www.scoobynet.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=72643

scoobynutta555 29 September 2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by RJMS (Post 7289831)
Is ringing you personally the only way to get a quote?. As mentioned on another thread I PMd you, filled in your on-line form & spoke to one of your colleagues (whilst you were away) and still didn't get a quote.

During my attempts to pin the guy down his colleagues tell me they are unable to quote as only Gary deals with Imprezas. I actually managed to speak to Gary once in about 12 calls over the years, so he does exist ;)

RJMS 29 September 2007 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 7290950)
During my attempts to pin the guy down his colleagues tell me they are unable to quote as only Gary deals with Imprezas. I actually managed to speak to Gary once in about 12 calls over the years, so he does exist ;)

Does make you wonder how difficult it would be if you actually had to claim, I gave all of my details to one of his colleagues and have heard nothing since, if this is the attitude towards potential new business it does make you wonder how easy getting a claim sorted would be.

Gear Head 29 September 2007 11:50 AM

Never had a problem myself. Has always returned my calls and ALWAYS beats any other quotes when it comes to imprezas. :thumb:

pete higham 29 September 2007 11:57 AM

i spoken to gary every time i have rang and he gave me a very good quote :thumb:

Scooby Soon! 29 September 2007 12:30 PM

I PM'd Gary on here and he gave me his number I rang him up (first time was engaged) he quoted me and I have PM'd him a couple of times to make little changes and it looks like I will be going with him.

I would say he asked the least questions and offered the fastest quote over the phone than ANY OTHER insurance company (and believe me I have called them all over the last few days!)

Aztec Performance Ltd 29 September 2007 12:39 PM

I've never struggled to contact Gary.

Find the service 1st class everytime :thumb:

ScoobyDoo69 29 September 2007 12:55 PM

Quick question for Gary, what age do you start insuring WRXs? 21?

Sticky Stuff 29 September 2007 01:17 PM

I can only echo what the vast majority of others have said. Unbeatable quote in my instance, called twice and spoke to the man himself on both occasions. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but given the massive reduction in my premium I'd keep trying anyway. Spot on!

Andy-C 29 September 2007 03:27 PM

Gary done me proud again this year :thumb:

Just keep trying, he IS a busy man!