ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   little boys with girl toys (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/637522-little-boys-with-girl-toys.html)

j1m1z 27 September 2007 04:41 PM

little boys with girl toys

split my sides when i saw this. YouTube - scooby killer??
went to an invitation only dyno day for knight racer in milton keynes. while having a chat with some of the sti owners mk, the corsa crew ( a.k.a. cruise-evolution.co.uk ) pulled up in all manner of tiny hatches to embarass themselves on the dyno. i suppose comic relief is needed on days like these. it was this video that had me in stitches.

Malery Knox 27 September 2007 04:46 PM

:lol1:

Gutmann pug 27 September 2007 04:48 PM

The fact that you went to the dyno day with these guys puts you in the same club IMHO :D :D :D

Nothing wrong with Skoda's :thumb:

Mr Footlong 27 September 2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug (Post 7286515)
The fact that you went to the dyno day with these guys puts you in the same club IMHO :D:D:D

The man raises a valid point.

j1m1z 27 September 2007 04:50 PM

he he. was invited by the owners and went along with the other sti owners for a saturday out.

j1m1z 27 September 2007 04:54 PM

turned out to be quite a comical outing indeed. we were told it was going to be a 4 wheel dyno. not some portable thing on the back of a trailer. i would not put mu sti on anything like that. but, 4 the brave that did, i tip my cap. nuthin wrong with skodas, but, a place for everything and a everything in its place. agree??

GazTheHat 28 September 2007 02:59 PM

vRS a girls toy. Aye right.

My mapped vRS gives plenty of drivers a surprise. :luxhello:

GazTheHat 28 September 2007 02:59 PM

...whilst getting over 50MPG :smug:

Gear Head 28 September 2007 03:39 PM

Enough with the 50mpg! It really hurts! :cry:

martyrobertsdj 28 September 2007 09:20 PM

I just sold my remapped Fabia vRS and came back to Scoobs.

From 180bhp/50mpg to 336bhp/25mpg.

Fair trade I reckon!!! :norty:

vindaloo 29 September 2007 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj (Post 7290165)
I just sold my remapped Fabia vRS and came back to Scoobs.

From 180bhp/50mpg to 336bhp/25mpg.

Fair trade I reckon!!! :norty:

My Furby averages around 47-48 long term. My Impreza... erm 24 is nice when I can get it.

I particularly like the styling of the boot of the Fabia, writing motifs in the soot. :)

corradoboy 29 September 2007 01:55 AM

I embarrassed quite a few Scoobs in my Furby at the WYIOC's last Blyton Blast trackday. Go check out Prodrive's figures for 30-70 through the gears and then compare it to my 5 second time (done with a stopwatch, not official and expensive timing gear). I know how good Scoobs are, I had one for 5 years. I fully accept that with my chassis and suspensions mods (view my Scoob) it was IRO 40mph quicker in the bends, and had a much higher top speed. But, driven well a Furby is a very capable and rapid little car. Especially with 312 lb/ft and 180bhp (dyno proven). Laugh all you want, but 60+ mpg on a steady run, 40mpg on it and nearly 30mpg on track with adequate performance makes me smile, not laugh. I'll have another Scoob, just not yet as for now this will do.

j1m1z 08 October 2007 09:54 AM

YouTube - scooby killer??
look at the link, watch the video in its entiryity. then tell me you honestly didnt giggle at least once. am an enthusiast at heart, and respect everyones car choices. but, you wont find me pulling up anywhere, writing porsche killer on the back of my sti. (even though it is one of my joy's ) :-)

DCI Gene Hunt 08 October 2007 10:01 AM

A simple translation is all that's needed...

Having 'scoob killer' or for that matter '[insert car type] killer' on the back of any car automatically means the driver's an idiot :D