ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Ipod Touch (and new Nano) (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/637291-ipod-touch-and-new-nano.html)

boxst 26 September 2007 05:50 PM

Ipod Touch (and new Nano)

Hello

I'm off to America on Saturday for a few days (for work) and am very tempted to buy the new Ipod Touch. Does anyone have one and recommend it?

(or the new Nano, which also looks cool)

Thanks,

Steve

JackClark 26 September 2007 07:21 PM

Buy the iPhone instead. For £200.00 it should be hard to resist. Not difficult to unlock and use on UK networks.

boxst 26 September 2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7283896)
Buy the iPhone instead. For £200.00 it should be hard to resist. Not difficult to unlock and use on UK networks.

Yes, I thought about that. I'm just a bit bored with a hacked this, hacked that. So much so that I actually bought a copy of Vista and haven't chipped my Xbox 360!

Steve

KiwiGTI 26 September 2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7283896)

Until Apple releases an update and it destroys the phone.

boxst 26 September 2007 09:20 PM

Although looking through B3TA : WE LOVE THE WEB I prefer this one:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/haigwan/ipodstungun.jpg

Steve

JackClark 26 September 2007 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 7284317)
Until Apple releases an update and it destroys the phone.

Which you don't apply and carry on happily until someone cracks it.

boxst 26 September 2007 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7284701)
Which you don't apply and carry on happily until someone cracks it.

It doesn't connect / auto-apply when using the internet?

Steve

JackClark 26 September 2007 11:03 PM

You choose to apply the update, just like most if not all Apple products.

PG 26 September 2007 11:10 PM

I just got the wife a new 8gb Nano and it is indeed very cool!
I am going to get myself a 160gb Classic for my hols which will replace my 2nd gen. ipod so as a semi thread hi-jack can I ask what is the best PC software for video compression from DVD to ipod?

Paul.

Markus 26 September 2007 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by PG (Post 7284818)
I just got the wife a new 8gb Nano and it is indeed very cool!
I am going to get myself a 160gb Classic for my hols which will replace my 2nd gen. ipod so as a semi thread hi-jack can I ask what is the best PC software for video compression from DVD to ipod?

Paul.

Have a look at HandBrake

TopBanana 27 September 2007 09:00 AM

I have the new nano, very happy with it. It's cooler in real life than the photos show.

T4molie 27 September 2007 11:31 AM

I saw the nano working over the weekend and the video screen is :cool:

P1_BEN 27 September 2007 01:16 PM

Had a play with the touch in the apple store last weekend, was very impressed, Got excited when on the price it said "Take one home today" apparently that doesn't mean the same to me as it does to apple..?? queued up, oh don't know why it say's that, ask again... I dunno mate, I just work here I don't design the store!!

looking to also use it as a remote control for my itunes at home as well currently using salling clicker, but this would look much cooler..

boxst 03 October 2007 12:01 PM

I am leaving my current company, and amazingly at dinner last night with my American colleagues they gave me an Ipod Touch!

Apart from the slightly irritating fact that when you get it out of the box you can't "do" anything at all with it (even switch it on) until you connect it to a PC and download iTunes it is extremely impressive. The screen is great and web browsing is surprisingly easy.

Steve