ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   how to fit a reversing camera (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/633817-how-to-fit-a-reversing-camera.html)

BIGEMP 11 September 2007 07:12 PM

how to fit a reversing camera

how do you make the camera automatically work on your headunit screen when you put it in reverse where abouts does it wire into

any help much appreciated

red devil 2

marmski 11 September 2007 07:30 PM

I would think the headunit would work on a switch system. Probably activated by a splice into the reversing lights... which would then get the headunit to switch inputs from DVD/MP3/CD/Radio -> Camera.

Someone will have one here though mate... do you not have the instructions for the headunit which should also explain?

Tissy 11 September 2007 07:40 PM

As above.....generally most headunits have a single wire, so that when this wire is taken to the +12v rail, it will automatically switch the input for the headunit screen to whatever input the camera is connected too.

Obvioulsy this then allows this wire to be "spliced" into the reverse light. So that when the car is placed in reverse, this wire receives its +12v and the screen channel changes over.

I take it you have the camera ?

Hope this helps.

BIGEMP 12 September 2007 12:32 PM

reversing camera

Thanks guys have the camera not got the tv yet should be hear today its a ripspeed touch screen think its model number dv725 cheers for help

red devil 2

richardg 12 September 2007 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tissy (Post 7244943)
As above.....generally most headunits have a single wire, so that when this wire is taken to the +12v rail, it will automatically switch the input for the headunit screen to whatever input the camera is connected too.

Obvioulsy this then allows this wire to be "spliced" into the reverse light. So that when the car is placed in reverse, this wire receives its +12v and the screen channel changes over.

I take it you have the camera ?

Hope this helps.

mine is just plugged into the cam input socket on the back of head unit. camera power is spliced onto reverse lights as above. if i was going to do it again in a new car (and probably will; as i like gadgets :) ), i would connect power to the ignition switch (as with my amp), so i could also use the screen for rear-view (this will be more relevant if i fit a roof mounted screen in the rear, which will end up blocking my view from the rear view mirror when it is in use)

BIGEMP 13 September 2007 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 7246964)
mine is just plugged into the cam input socket on the back of head unit. camera power is spliced onto reverse lights as above. if i was going to do it again in a new car (and probably will; as i like gadgets :) ), i would connect power to the ignition switch (as with my amp), so i could also use the screen for rear-view (this will be more relevant if i fit a roof mounted screen in the rear, which will end up blocking my view from the rear view mirror when it is in use)

nice one cheers richardg will fit it at weekend

marmski 14 September 2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by marmski (Post 7244915)
I would think the headunit would work on a switch system. Probably activated by a splice into the reversing lights... which would then get the headunit to switch inputs from DVD/MP3/CD/Radio -> Camera.

Someone will have one here though mate... do you not have the instructions for the headunit which should also explain?

What a guess! :D

BIGEMP 14 September 2007 10:56 PM

HI
Got it all fitted today works ok just wondering for example if listening to cd/radio and i put into reverse it does not go automatically into reverse camera mode,so i have to go into menu scren and then choose camera and then when i put into reverse it comes on and when i take it out of reverse it just goes to a blue blank screen,and i have to go back into menu and choose cd or radio i would have thought it should automatically do this,any idea guys(and yes did splice into reversing lights thanks for help) its a ripspeed dv25 touch scren and i have trawled through all on scren menus and cant find anything

cheers

red devil 2

scoobyhurky 06 October 2007 05:02 PM

i have the same problem:wonder:
when i put it in reverse nothing happens i have to change it manualy then when im finished change it back
come on somebody on here must know how to do this:norty:
cheers
lee

Scooby Soon! 06 October 2007 05:28 PM

What stero are you using?

scoobyhurky 06 October 2007 06:32 PM

jvc double din dvd

FullyLoaded2010 23 April 2010 04:32 PM

I know this is an old thread but I found a good link to a shop that has installation guides that may be of help to anyone searching in the future for reversing camera help.

The link is below (hope it helps someone).

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8

:idea:

RobsyUK 13 April 2019 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by FullyLoaded2010 (Post 9360924)
I know this is an old thread but I found a good link to a shop that has installation guides that may be of help to anyone searching in the future for reversing camera help.

The link is below (hope it helps someone).

http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8

:idea:

Link doesn’t work

Don Clark 14 April 2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050608)
Link doesn’t work

Not surprising as link is 9 years old and thread even older ..........................

RobsyUK 14 April 2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12050642)
Not surprising as link is 9 years old and thread even older ..........................

Maybe it should be deleted then..

Don Clark 14 April 2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050648)
Maybe it should be deleted then..

Having now tried the link, it works fine, but doesn't find the page requested (404 - Page not found) - obviously a few changes on the site since 2010.

Not a problem to select the home page link shown and start from there...................