ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Well shes been left at Simpson Race Exhausts (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/633554-well-shes-been-left-at-simpson-race-exhausts.html)

frayz 10 September 2007 04:23 PM

Well shes been left at Simpson Race Exhausts

After a lot of messing about from Primary Designs (i wont go into the agro, but needless to say i'll never recomend them to anyone!!), we've decided to take the car to Matt and the boys at Simpson Race exhausts in Slough.

Looking at the quality of the work that these boys produce, i think im going to be very happy. Thats saying something!! lol :D

Having a full lightweight system made with proper V-Band connections, so no internal gas interuptions whatsoever. Centre silencer and fully re-packable race silencer at the back.

Looking forward to a nice a quiet drive from now on :thumb:

Tiny 10 September 2007 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7241698)

Looking for a nice a quiet drive from now on :thumb:

:nono: Wont be able to hear you passing through the village now mate

V4JDMSTi 10 September 2007 04:37 PM

any hints on the tailpipe design you went for?

frayz 10 September 2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7241749)

I'll leave you to make your own assumptions on that one fella :D

Nate 10 September 2007 10:40 PM

Frayz,

What kind of cost is the zorst ..... I have been thinking of going 'silent' ;) ....... More of a surprise to people then :) .

PM if you like :) :thumb:

Milamber 10 September 2007 11:06 PM

Can you have the loud one for the tunnel run mate?

Milamber 10 September 2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7241749)

SSSsshhhhhhhhhh:D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ngston/ta2.jpg

frayz 10 September 2007 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by *Nate* (Post 7243040)
Frayz,

What kind of cost is the zorst ..... I have been thinking of going 'silent' ;) ....... More of a surprise to people then :) .

PM if you like :) :thumb:

You have PM Nate, hope youre sitting down.

If anyones interested in having a Simpson system they will soon be available through Zak @ Mocom.

Milamber.. No , nice and quiet for the tunnel run :D

V4JDMSTi 11 September 2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7242039)
I'll leave you to make your own assumptions on that one fella :D

:D

frayz 11 September 2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7243632)
:D

:norty: :norty:

Nate 11 September 2007 08:12 PM

I have just scraped myself up off the floor ....... :D

Seriously though, the cost is not that bad, if the flowing is good and the exhaust is quieter, but not at the expense of power.

I have been thinking for some time now, that a lot of high power Skylines and 200SX are near silent, so power is not always associated with a noisy exhaust.

frayz 12 September 2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by *Nate* (Post 7245073)
I have just scraped myself up off the floor ....... :D

Seriously though, the cost is not that bad, if the flowing is good and the exhaust is quieter, but not at the expense of power.

I have been thinking for some time now, that a lot of high power Skylines and 200SX are near silent, so power is not always associated with a noisy exhaust.

Lol,

Yeah the cost is pretty steep but when you see the quality of this bit of kit... you can see its a proper engineered bit of kit. The V-bands alone are £70 each!!

Its a proper work of art mate, and ive requested that they make it as quiet as possible without losing flow. The outlet is very very small too :D

Phil 12 September 2007 09:38 AM

Here is a poser of a question mate

There is another thread running somewhere about the legality of after market exhausts

Prodrive have their exhausts E Marked so they are legal

I know its not going to be a loud one so not attracting unwanted attention but whats your views

Of course its probably a storm in a tea cup but technically unless its EU Approved its a No no

yellowvanman 12 September 2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens (Post 7246215)

There is another thread running somewhere about the legality of after market exhausts

I know its not going to be a loud one so not attracting unwanted attention but whats your views

Of course its probably a storm in a tea cup but technically unless its EU Approved its a No no

Certainly on motorbikes the only silencers that are truely legal are E marked, I had to change one of mine whilst doing my advanced riding training because of that. (Police observers/testers)

frayz 12 September 2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens (Post 7246215)

In all honesty, i dunno fella.

Dont really have an answer. I guess it all depends how the law want to treat it.

Phil 12 September 2007 10:29 AM

If the law is going to be inforced then I would imagine its going to kill a fair few business's

I remember Mike Wood saying that is an expensive business getting approval for an exhaust

but as I said probably a storm in a Tea Cup

WRX_Dazza 12 September 2007 10:31 AM

not difficult to create an "E" stamp ;)

technical ignorance is bliss ;)

WRX_Dazza 12 September 2007 10:33 AM

..or a firestorm in a teacup :)

reaches for the hanger

frayz 12 September 2007 10:36 AM

I think its fair to say, i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. :)

As will the rest of us lol :D

V4JDMSTi 12 September 2007 10:41 AM

i think that providing the rest of the car is within the legal boundries and you're not driving like a complete numpty, then you'll always be ok.

it could be used as a reason to pull you over and then check through the rest of your details though.

there are "far worse" things on a car that you'll get pulled over for first. neon washer jets and under car lighting ;), nos and dare i say it flamer kits.

frayz 12 September 2007 10:45 AM

Besides, who would wanna pull a diesel subaru? :lol1:

Mark_B4 12 September 2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7246364)
i think that providing the rest of the car is within the legal boundries and you're not driving like a complete numpty, then you'll always be ok.

it could be used as a reason to pull you over and then check through the rest of your details though.

there are "far worse" things on a car that you'll get pulled over for first. neon washer jets and under car lighting ;), nos and dare i say it flamer kits.

:nono: Sssssshhhhhhhh

Got some more made up :thumb:

Mark_B4 12 September 2007 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7246370)
Besides, who would wanna pull a diesel subaru? :lol1:

Going for the diesel style exit then :lol1:

V4JDMSTi 12 September 2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7246378)
:nono: Sssssshhhhhhhh

Got some more made up :thumb:

:thumb: need to get one sorted out ;)

btw Mark - your car has caused arguments at my parents house. Mum wants a legacy and Dad wants an Impreza lol.

frayz 12 September 2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7246380)
Going for the diesel style exit then :lol1:

Nah, diesels point directly at the floor.

Group B cars were only at 45 degrees. :notworthy

Mark_B4 12 September 2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7246388)
:thumb: need to get one sorted out ;)

btw Mark - your car has caused arguments at my parents house. Mum wants a legacy and Dad wants an Impreza lol.

Legacy (Jap Spec) tell the captain to be different, stand out from the rest, a nice GTB would do him fine, loads of room for her shopping :lol1: and great for his work.

Don't forget to tell him that 2 Pedals are best :lol1: :thumb:

He's more then happy to come out in mine mate to see what he thinks :norty:

Diesel_DC 12 September 2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 7246336)
..or a firestorm in a teacup :)

reaches for the hanger

:lol1:

Don't give up the day job mate.

V4JDMSTi 12 September 2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7246394)
Nah, diesels point directly at the floor.

Group B cars were only at 45 degrees. :notworthy

:notworthy:

V4JDMSTi 12 September 2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7246408)
Legacy (Jap Spec) tell the captain to be different, stand out from the rest, a nice GTB would do him fine, loads of room for her shopping :lol1: and great for his work.

I'm trying to convince him too. I fancy having to different subaru models to play with. i thin kit only fair that he put me on his insurance seeing as he's on mine.

will let him know. he should be at the meets this month.

yellowvanman 12 September 2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7246408)

Yep, lots of room for the shopping, 2 pedals and a pipe holder!:p :D