ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Scooby Tuners/experts round Reading area (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/633491-scooby-tuners-experts-round-reading-area.html)

Wurzel 10 September 2007 12:27 PM

Scooby Tuners/experts round Reading area

Are there any Scooby tuners or experts round the Reading area that won't rape my ar5e to give my MY00 the once over?

All the main ones talked about on here seem to be north of Northampton etc.

I am bringing my car over from Germany for 3 weeks over christmas and would like to get it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing.

There doesn't seem to be anyone over her that knows anything about these cars once they leave standard form.

I want someone to take a look and listen and also drive it just to put my mind at ease. It has been modded and modded and mapped by Bob Rawle and even though the engine and gearbox are standard it goes like a bullet, there are people on here whose cars have gone bang with a lot less power than mine so I am wondering if I have a good one or do I just treat it better than most. It is starting to develop the odd little noise here and there and seems to have a mind of it's own.

Any info on reputable scooby experts round Reading are will be greatly received.

Cheers
Steve

Wurzel 11 September 2007 12:09 PM

I take it that is a no then!! oh well never mind.

austrianscooby 11 September 2007 02:00 PM

Hi wurzel!

I sent you a mail about 2 weeks ago, but received no answer? Ive sent you a PM now!

Sorry for OT and you get a free push!

KelvSTi 11 September 2007 02:20 PM

Try Len at Subaru 4 You, just up the M4 in Newbury :thumb:

stevem2k 12 September 2007 07:52 PM

2nd vote for Len from me...

Mr Footlong 15 September 2007 07:24 PM

Subaru4you every single time. I have used Len for almost 7 years now and he has looked after 3 different scoobs of mine. I had a moment of weakness over a misunderstanding (Completely my fault tbh) and I tried somewhere else. I went running back to len and am blissfully happy.

From bog standard scoobs to high power beasts, he doesn't mess you around ever in my opinion and I have almost always got a lower bill than I expect! Can't praise him and his outfit enough. He is also due to be expanding his premises into an all-singing, all-dancing affair soon. First being looked after by Steve Lawson and then Len, I feel blessed tbh ;). I also work with someone's wife that has a scoob along with his brother and both him and his brother have used Len and will ONLY go to him.

No Pslewis I am not bum kissing or being bribed by Len ;), I just really rate Subaru4you as being one of the very best Subaru outfits in the south of England and finding a outfit that don't BS you at all is a rare thing in my experience. BTW, ignore the fact that his website looks a little pants ;), he has enough of a following over here to not have to worry about it, this will most likely be updated when he expands I guess.

terryb 18 September 2007 10:57 PM

I drive a 130 mile round trip to get my car worked on by Len - wouldn't take it anywhere else :thumb: And mine is what you might call fairly well modded ;):D

Terminator X 18 September 2007 11:05 PM

I go there every 6 months; it's always very good.

TX.

Originally Posted by KelvSTi (Post 7244200)
Try Len at Subaru 4 You, just up the M4 in Newbury :thumb:

Wonder Wagon 19 September 2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by KelvSTi (Post 7244200)
Try Len at Subaru 4 You, just up the A4 in Newbury :thumb:

;)

Len every time :thumb:

wilkoca 22 September 2007 08:15 AM

Len not question

he did my geabox and engingine swap after TVM ****ed my car up proper

TopBanana 22 September 2007 05:32 PM

Another vote from Len. I'm on the other side of Reading and I still go there. He's also very good value.