ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   About to spunk £10k... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/633028-about-to-spunk-10k.html)

NotoriousREV 07 September 2007 08:38 PM

About to spunk £10k...

...on an 11 year old Nissan (R33 GTR). Am I doing the right thing?

What else could I be spending it on?

EddScott 07 September 2007 09:15 PM

Probably not but then your in the wrong place for

"Stupid boy, buy something diesel and german!"

I want to spend 8K on an Integrale which is probably even less of the right thing than a GTR. :D

FlightMan 07 September 2007 09:54 PM

Do it, both of you. You only live once! :thumb:

J4CKO 08 September 2007 09:45 AM

We will all tell you to go for it, then be very sympathetic when it goes t1ts up.

NotoriousREV 08 September 2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7237144)
We will all tell you to go for it, then be very sympathetic when it goes t1ts up.

Yeah, I'll bet.

I know whose will break first ;)

Dream Weaver 09 September 2007 10:05 AM

How much would it be worth after 3 years? You'll probably lose less on it than if you spent £15k on a new family hatch.

I've spent nearly you're amount on my 205 which is probably a waste, but after 5 years its still worth 6k ish so I haven't lost much money on it.

NotoriousREV 09 September 2007 10:24 AM

Actually, I might have found a cheaper one (£8k). Going to look this afternoon.

MrsREV is bleating about the mileage (70k) but let's be honest, it's an old car and I'm probably going to mess with it (i.e. break it) anyway, so mileage isn't overly important ;)

exvaux 09 September 2007 11:00 AM

spend 8 k on a gtr then expect big bills,you get what you pay for with these cars just make sure you check EVERYTHING cos when they break they make scoobies seem cheap

chris singleton 09 September 2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by exvaux (Post 7238828)
spend 8 k on a gtr then expect big bills,you get what you pay for with these cars just make sure you check EVERYTHING cos when they break they make scoobies seem cheap

Agreed, make sure you've got at least £5k tucked away for when it breaks ;) :D

Awesome cars though, loved my R33 and love my R34 even more :)

NotoriousREV 09 September 2007 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by chris singleton (Post 7238867)
Agreed, make sure you've got at least £5k tucked away for when it breaks ;) :D

Awesome cars though, loved my R33 and love my R34 even more :)

If my Mrs reads this, you're a dead man ;)

webby v7 slipperwagon 10 September 2007 11:33 AM

Have been looking at spending 10k myself but on something with RWD, IF MY MISSES SEE'S THIS I'M A DEAD MAN.

WRX_Dazza 11 September 2007 01:29 PM

Blimey, i'm trying to save cash by going German/Diesel, and all the missus can say is "what about the scooby club??" Its true though.... Met some great people at our club meets....
However BMW/Audi Diesel is the way to go .......

My brother bought a R34GTR specII From Middlehurst brand new (think it was 8 years ago or so) and he still has it now as is pride and joy (bearing in mind he can buy whatever car he desires!!!) he swears its both reliable and bullet proof.
My mate also had an R33 GTS which he owned for 2 years, having only to replace the clutch (and service, of course). luck of the draw i guess..

Go for it!!!!