ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Bufty question...black bumpers (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/632739-bufty-question-black-bumpers.html)

cookstar 06 September 2007 02:05 PM

Bufty question...black bumpers

Girlfriends car (clio) has loads of black plastic on it, most of which has turned greyish/whitish colour.

What is the best off the shelf product (Halfords) to return it to black, that wont need doing every other day like other products I have tried.

Cheers

Cookie :)

joey_turbo 06 September 2007 02:19 PM

The Meguiars tyre gel is good for this. It lasts for weeks, not days as the label says. I use it and it is good.

Diesel_DC 06 September 2007 02:21 PM

Cookie,

There is a new product out (in this weeks auto express) they recommended it. Made by Turtle wax I will dig out the name and post up later.

Going to get some myself as I have some white marks on the bit by the front number plate :mad:

cookstar 06 September 2007 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by S600B_DC (Post 7233234)
Cookie,

There is a new product out (in this weeks auto express) they recommended it. Made by Turtle wax I will dig out the name and post up later.

Going to get some myself as I have some white marks on the bit by the front number plate :mad:

nice one mate. :thumb:

I used tyre gel on it before, making the problem worse, it looked great for a week or so then :brickwall

Diesel_DC 06 September 2007 05:03 PM

Cookie,

stuff is called:

Turtle Wax Platinum Series Restorative Black Bumper & Trim Wax (nice easy name to remember :rolleyes: )

£5.99 not even on their website yet though but gets 4 stars from auto express.

I will be trying Halfrauds later.

V4JDMSTi 06 September 2007 10:36 PM

the autoglym stuff is the dogs as far as off the shelf stuff goes. if you have some quick detailer go over them with that and a terry cloth first to remove grime. :thumb:

personally i use zymol creame wax. at £48 a pot it's a bit expensive to use on bumpers but the finish is top notch :thumb:

iSCOOB 07 September 2007 09:52 AM

Zymol have somthing called detail wax just for bumpers and trim. Still a bit steep but £17 is better than £48 :)

V4JDMSTi 07 September 2007 10:58 AM

lol. £17 is a whole lot better than £48!

cookstar 07 September 2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by iSCOOB (Post 7234946)
Zymol have somthing called detail wax just for bumpers and trim. Still a bit steep but £17 is better than £48 :)

do you have to order this stuff on line, or can I pick some up today

V4JDMSTi 07 September 2007 01:02 PM

not sure. halfrauds may have it, if not they'll have the ag one.

iSCOOB 07 September 2007 06:22 PM

The only place i've seen it is on Zymol, Concours, Detailing, Valeting - Parc Ferme Homepage

WRX_Dazza 10 September 2007 12:40 PM

bufties will shoot me down here,
but i used castrol synthetic oil on the xr2 the other day, and it came up bling !!!

Dazza