ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ex girlfriend still causing grief 3 Years later (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/632525-ex-girlfriend-still-causing-grief-3-years-later.html)

kingofturds 05 September 2007 04:17 PM

Ex girlfriend still causing grief 3 Years later

Me and the ex split up just under 3 years ago after a load of grief(her cheating on me and a hell of a lot more) and have not heard anything from her until I got a text from her around 3 months ago asking if I was still single, which I deleted.
Around an hour ago I got a call from her irate boyfriend ringing me up and accusing me of seeing her behind her back and basically threatening to knife me:eek: Apparently he checked through her phone and found this message, and put 2+2 together and got 5.

I have agreed to meet this ignorant fcuker as I do not want him anywhere near my house or kid, but am starting to think if I cannot talk any sense into him on the phone I aint gonna be able to in person and the ex waits until after I agreed to meet him and calm things down, to save her sorry arse, to tell me he has been inside for gbh:brickwall

So should I meet this arsehole and sort it out or tell him to get bent? I reckon if I tell him to fcuk off this could drag on and I will be looking behind my back for a while. on the other hand I dont want to turn up and find 3 blokes waiting to dish out a beating:(

sti-04!! 05 September 2007 04:18 PM

:Suspiciou

davegtt 05 September 2007 04:20 PM

Suppose it depends if your capable of looking after yourself?
Meet in a car park with CCTV?
Meet at a country pub, go with a group of friends, get there early and sit on your own, sort it out on your own and if owt kicks off you have hidden back up?
Tell him to get knotted and hope he doesnt turn up on your door step.

Personally Id go with my first or 2nd suggestion.

davegtt 05 September 2007 04:20 PM

oh, and if your gonna get blamed for it, you may aswell do it. Tap the ex ;)

MJW 05 September 2007 04:22 PM

If he's threatened to knife you, I don't think meeting with him would be a good idea really. She is his problem now, don't bail her out just cos you feel obliged to. I'm in exactly the same situation as you funnily enough, and I wouldn't piss in my ex's mouth if her f*cking teeth were on fire.

PeteBrant 05 September 2007 04:28 PM

I dont quite understand why meeting him in person will mean he becomes utterly convinced that your aren't carrying on behind his back.

In other words - exactly what do you hope to gain by meeting him?

Personally I would tell the pair of the the eff off and not to bother you ever again, and tell him if he thinks that you are carrying on then that's his look out.

kingofturds 05 September 2007 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7230964)
oh, and if your gonna get blamed for it, you may aswell do it. Tap the ex ;)

No way not after the crap she put me through and still is for that matter:mad:
Thing is I am involved as she gave him my number so I could talk to him and calm him down:freak3:

SwissTony 05 September 2007 04:29 PM

Personally I would meet him
( who knows you may get on well and it could be a lovely romance )

:D

davegtt 05 September 2007 04:30 PM

Sorry, I was trying to lighten the mood a little after the serious posting. I wouldnt actually really recommend that. I recently went back there but never again, probably felt sh!tter than I did when we first split but telling her to get the fcuk outta my life and Im gonna pretend we never even happened from now on has really helped me move on from the head fcuk :cool:

jaytc2003 05 September 2007 04:33 PM

have some of your gym aids about 30 mins before you meet so you have either
a) energy to run off
b) energy to beat the cr@p out of him if he starts
c) talk too much so he cant get a word in edgeways

kingofturds 05 September 2007 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7230984)
I dont quite understand why meeting him in person will mean he becomes utterly convinced that your aren't carrying on behind his back.

In other words - exactly what do you hope to gain by meeting him?

Personally I would tell the pair of the the eff off and not to bother you ever again, and tell him if he thinks that you are carrying on then that's his look out.

I thought if I met him this would be ended tonight

kingofturds 05 September 2007 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaytc2003 (Post 7231010)
have some of your gym aids about 30 mins before you meet so you have either
a) energy to run off
b) energy to beat the cr@p out of him if he starts
c) talk too much so he cant get a word in edgeways

Gym aids such as dumbell bar in the boot would be more usefull:(

The Rig 05 September 2007 04:40 PM

i wouldnt bother meeting him.

im all for a good rumble,love a street fight,but for a good reason.

did you see on the news or read in the paper the other day,similair thing happened,cant 100% remember the whole lot, but basically the ex girlfriend contacted the ex bloke to meet up at her place,he did,but she was already there with her new partner,he answers door, says WTF who are u etc etc etc finds out he`s an old ex, she says he (the ex) keeps hounding her, new bloke KNIFES and kills said ex bloke.

now i tell ya,WTF !!!!!!

dont so it.

jjones 05 September 2007 04:42 PM

be very very careful

f1_fan 05 September 2007 04:42 PM

From what you write here if you don't meet him I think it will only make him more paranoid and like you say things won't end there.

I would agree to meet in a public place and take a couple of mates along who can play a watching game from afar (but not too far).

More than likely he will see you are a decent bloke, no longer interested in his girl and that will be that. If in the unlikely event of things kicking off at least you have a couple of mates there to help out as 'good samaritans' of course (i.e. they shouldn't let on they know you even when 'calming things down' :D ).

VoteConservative! 05 September 2007 04:44 PM

Get a knifeproof vests and have some friends around.

davegtt 05 September 2007 04:44 PM

Also ask him if hes bringing the ex along, that way when you plead your innocence he can gauge whether your telling the truth when you say you hate the bitch lol

PeteBrant 05 September 2007 04:46 PM

Seriously - Why are people even giving this credence? Just tell them both to **** off.

What are you? 12?

Scooby Snacks 23 05 September 2007 04:47 PM

Steer clear KoT - sounds like a load of (potentially serious) grief for not a lot of reason. Avoid his calls or change your number if he keeps hounding you.

Mind you - going inside for GBH doesn't necessarily mean he can handle himself - may have been fighting someone rather more wimpy than him (and he may be rather more wimpy that you ;)).

TURBOTRONICS 05 September 2007 04:49 PM

Just phone the police and tell them he’s been threatening you with a knife and let them sort it out

Muerde 05 September 2007 04:55 PM

I would avoid all this, and def not meet him.. wheres this actaully going to get you... and lately far far to amny people getting stabbed shot etc...

She's an ex for a reason, tell him to deal with her its got nothing to do with you....

Delete both their numbers, call your service provider and get both of their numbers banded from calling you.... And stop talking to either of them....

New_scooby_04 05 September 2007 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by MJW (Post 7230972)
I wouldn't piss in my ex's mouth if her f*cking teeth were on fire.

:lol1:
Poster: ring the new bloke, tell him the above!

End of! :thumb:

Dont meet him: I don't see what that would achieve other than giving a violent person a chance to stick a knife in your back! Ignore the advice from SNs wannabe UFC contenders ;) He may be a 8 stone weakling who got a GBH conviction for bottling someone from behind, or he may be a 15 stone martial arts nutter with a knife, an IQ of 10 and 20 mates! :eek:

Ns04

ScoobyDoo555 05 September 2007 05:03 PM

as above (post 21!). Hope it all works out ok :)

fivetide 05 September 2007 05:12 PM

Don't mee the nutter.

Tell the pair of them to f off and if he doesn't trust her (and you can tell him he shouldn't because she can't keep her knees together) then that's his problem but you've done much better for yourself!

Agree re: Police for threats etc too. Doesn't sound like a good one.

5t.

Lee247 05 September 2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 7230957)
Me and the ex split up just under 3 years ago after a load of grief(her cheating on me and a hell of a lot more) and have not heard anything from her until I got a text from her around 3 months ago asking if I was still single, which I deleted.
Around an hour ago I got a call from her irate boyfriend ringing me up and accusing me of seeing her behind her back and basically threatening to knife me:eek: Apparently he checked through her phone and found this message, and put 2+2 together and got 5.

I have agreed to meet this ignorant fcuker as I do not want him anywhere near my house or kid, but am starting to think if I cannot talk any sense into him on the phone I aint gonna be able to in person and the ex waits until after I agreed to meet him and calm things down, to save her sorry arse, to tell me he has been inside for gbh:brickwall

So should I meet this arsehole and sort it out or tell him to get bent? I reckon if I tell him to fcuk off this could drag on and I will be looking behind my back for a while. on the other hand I dont want to turn up and find 3 blokes waiting to dish out a beating:(

Why in Gods name should you meet up with this idiot, to justify a text she has sent to you. Sounds to me like she is trying to stir up a little fight. Tell the pair of them to "Shove it" Do not risk yourself or your child to settle their little fight. If you are worried about any repercussions, get the Law involved.

Paddi70 05 September 2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muerde (Post 7231068)
I would avoid all this, and def not meet him.. wheres this actaully going to get you... and lately far far to amny people getting stabbed shot etc...

She's an ex for a reason, tell him to deal with her its got nothing to do with you....

Delete both their numbers, call your service provider and get both of their numbers banded from calling you.... And stop talking to either of them....

There are some quality answers here and quite funny thread, but really mate as above. Stay clear, meeting would not prove anything. Can you really see you and him sitting down and chatting over a pint, about a bird you ditched and is now causing you grief.
With words like "she's yours now, you f***ing sort it", I cant really see a happy ending to that one.
Good luck, P

kingofturds 05 September 2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7231042)
Seriously - Why are people even giving this credence? Just tell them both to **** off.

What are you? 12?

This has credence as he knows where I live,please forgive my cheek to ask for peoples opinion on a public forum:) If you had children would you want some idiot coming around? or would you try and talk some sense to him away from your family.

MJW 05 September 2007 05:26 PM

I can certainly understand where you're coming from with regard to your kids, but unfortunately there's not a great deal you can do about your ex's choice of partner.
There's not much chance you'll be able to talk sense into him - if he's paranoid enough to be looking through her sent text messages from 3 months ago, its unlikely he'll believe you when you tell him there's nothing going on. So leave well alone !!

FlightMan 05 September 2007 05:46 PM

Keep away, if you get anymore calls from him or the ex, go straight to the police. They'll tell you there isnt anything they can do, but if things step up a notch, it will be on their records.

Good luck.

DCI Gene Hunt 05 September 2007 05:48 PM

Why waste 10 minutes of your life on some complete TOSSER that will think you HAVE nobbed it because you've bothered turning up to say you haven't ;)

Go to a bar.... order a drink.... and spend 10 minutes drinking it, far more rewarding :thumb: