ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Serious post, watch your motors..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/632448-serious-post-watch-your-motors.html)

Mocom Racing 05 September 2007 10:31 AM

Serious post, watch your motors.....

At 10:20pm Monday night a twin axle van/truck was used to ram the shutters on our workshop to gain entry :eek:, they were unsuccessful in lifting the shutter as it's chained and locked from the inside but did pop the front entrance door within the shutter once it had been breached.
It look like they only wanted the cars, although the whole place has been turned upside down little was taken, a laptop, a few fuel pumps, an AVCR and a few engine parts. Luckily I keep all the keys off site so they didn't find what they were looking for and the cars are safe.
They also damaged the alarm control box in an attempt to disarm it with no luck :cool:
Tools were safe - you'd need a forklift to lift Luke's toolbox :lol1:

We have now implemented new security measures to prevent this happening again, full CCTV inside and out and Luke has been busy reinforcing the shutters runners with heavy gauge steel and fabricating an anti ram barrier :D

The police have informed me that 3 Subaru's have found there way onto a Harlow travelers site in the last week, and a house was ransacked in Epping Green the same night in search for the keys as a Subaru was parked on the drive.

Be careful out there.

Phil 05 September 2007 10:37 AM

Disturbing to say the least

Spec'c'57 05 September 2007 10:37 AM

:eek: Glad not too much went missing... If you need any items to reinforce some more give me a shout. :thumb: have some 4" box section here...

steve

Diesel_DC 05 September 2007 11:02 AM

:eek: Shocking news, yet again the scum in this world trying to take from people who have earned their nice stuff :razz:

Main thing is not too much taken and people are safe

spally 05 September 2007 11:05 AM

sum!!! does make you think though, is it worth having a nice car just for some pikey to want to take it!!!!!

glad to hear not to much was taken though Zak.

Michaela 05 September 2007 11:10 AM

Gutted to hear about this Zak :(
Glad that everything is ok then as it sounds like it could have been a lot worse...
See you soon!

Milamber 05 September 2007 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear that Zak

EmEm 05 September 2007 11:46 AM

How awful! We know how that feels at ESB, and since we have sercured our shutters etc with more chains and locks and fitted alarms, but unfortunately, like you said, if they want in, they'll get in!!
I just hate the clearing up afterwards, and knowing someone has been rumaging through your stuff!
Hope you get back on track soon!

SirFozzalot 05 September 2007 11:49 AM

:eek: :mad: B@stards!

Gutted for you Zak, at least it wasn't too bad I guess.

Supercue 05 September 2007 12:31 PM

Nightmare Zak
Glad to hear not much damage was done. If you need a bargain replacement laptop let me know as I have several in stock.

Andy

bibo_boy 05 September 2007 12:46 PM

I was at Zaks yesterday and I saw the reinforcements they had now implemented!!!!!

Lets' just say an armoured Personal Carrier would have trouble getting in!!!!!!!

Looie 05 September 2007 12:57 PM

Shocking news Zak............. :eek:

It's not as if your place is the easiest place to find if you don't know where it is, so someone's been watching......!

There are quite a few Subaru's around our area now, so it's a bit worrying when they appear to be targeted........ :Suspiciou

Cocker 05 September 2007 01:26 PM

w*****s!. Best keep my beast in the garage from now on!

Mocom Racing 05 September 2007 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Supercue (Post 7230473)
If you need a bargain replacement laptop let me know as I have several in stock.

Got any widescreen Vaio's Andy?

B0DSKI 05 September 2007 03:11 PM

That really sucks, glad nothing too bad went missing Zak.

ice maiden 05 September 2007 04:02 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My car is at Mocoms........although I doubt they would have been to interested in it at the moment!!!

bibo_boy 05 September 2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ice maiden (Post 7230927)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My car is at Mocoms........although I doubt they would have been to interested in it at the moment!!!

It was safe and sound when I saw it yesterday :)

ice maiden 05 September 2007 04:16 PM

Lol....Christine would have sorted them out if they tried to pinch her anyway !!!!!

yellowvanman 05 September 2007 06:49 PM

Real sorry to hear that Zak.

Glad nothing too costly was stolen, and they didn't damage anything after being fustrated at not getting the cars.

Also worrying that they had targeted you, your workshop isn't exactly in the most obvious place to find.

What were the 2 security guards doing when this happened?

Untitled 05 September 2007 07:02 PM

Pikeys I f**king hate Pikeys!:mad: :mad: :hjtwofing :mad:

simon57 05 September 2007 07:51 PM

sorry to here what happened zak.

scares the crap out of me when you here about this..

Wilf-01 05 September 2007 08:04 PM

sorry to hear it zak , a couple of big dogs will do the trick mate the best security system you can get ;)

Nate 05 September 2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mocom Racing (Post 7230225)

The police have informed me that 3 Subaru's have found there way onto a Harlow travelers site in the last week, and a house was ransacked in Epping Green the same night in search for the keys as a Subaru was parked on the drive.

Says it all really, doesn't it ........... And they claim discrimination if pursued for anything at all !!! :rolleyes:

Zak, YHPM ;)

53 05 September 2007 08:37 PM

:( Not Good, I was thinking the other day that without a sign you wouldn't know what was inside. Sorry to hear this matey, you have a message :)

FLAT ERIC 05 September 2007 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear of your bad news there Zak. Your heftier security should make them look elsewhere in future.

Mark ;)

Cornelius 05 September 2007 09:39 PM

Sh1te, sorry to hear this, thieving barstewards!! Think I better beef up the security on my garage even more, especially as the Kit car will be finished in the near future, Best I make a secure anchor point to chain the bike up to when I finally get it

Wilf-01 05 September 2007 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 7231809)
Sh1te, sorry to hear this, thieving barstewards!! Think I better beef up the security on my garage even more, especially as the Kit car will be finished in the near future, Best I make a secure anchor point to chain the bike up to when I finally get it

Geeze there have no chance of nicking the kit car they wont be able to find it:lol1:

98RED 05 September 2007 10:18 PM

Sounds like the Harlow diddy site would be a good place to hold Guy Fawkes this year!!!:norty: