ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   will the Hawkeye STI always be a rare car? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/631439-will-the-hawkeye-sti-always-be-a-rare-car.html)

drtchock 31 August 2007 02:15 PM

will the Hawkeye STI always be a rare car?

since the production was a year and a half shorter than the blob (production has already ended) and subaru didnt sell anywhere near as many im guessing your never going to see many on the roads?.. ive had mine a year and a half and have only seen about 3 others on the roads.

Panthro 31 August 2007 02:21 PM

I reckon mine is rarer :p

Not better looking....just rarer!

Dont forget there are probably plenty of hawkeyes left unregistered at the moment. But the blob is by far the most popular/common one round here.

drtchock 31 August 2007 02:30 PM

i actually see quite alot of bug eyes! more bugs than blobs around here! lol.. i think its because they had to sell them off dirt cheap when no body wanted them :wonder:

Panthro 31 August 2007 02:38 PM

Not in black/blue mica with the prodrive bodykit ;)

T5NYW 31 August 2007 02:39 PM

I reckon they will start to sell now the new 08 WRX is arriving ;)

My mate with a WR1 tried my MY06 JDM Type20 up the road Sunday..................anyone want to buy a WR1 :D:D:D

Tony

ethanrob 31 August 2007 05:35 PM

shed loads of used hawkeyes in and around the dealer network,but only one in white(2 including a wrx) :D

Im quite pleased they have stopped making them,as i do beleive the white sti was dealer order,and the waiting time was around 16 years :rolleyes:

With the new "thing" coming soon,i dare say the hawkeye may well hold some value as with the blobeye,its probably the better looking of the newage cars,the bugeye should have been shot at birth,even its mother couldn't and shouldn't love it!

So,here's to the hawkeye,long live the last of the great impreza's!

marcus (white 07sti type uk)

Boyakasha 31 August 2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ethanrob (Post 7220905)

So,here's to the hawkeye,long live the last of the great impreza's!

marcus (white 07sti type uk)

I'll second that Marcus

Marc (white MY07 STi) :D

Terry Butcher 31 August 2007 06:13 PM

maybe the Hawkeye will be the last of the greats, but I have a horrible feeling that we will get used to the 08 thing and it will evolve to the degree that we might just like it. I used to hate the bugeye but now find it not so bad - not as nice as my hawkeye - not too bad at all, esp with morettes etc.

F1 CJE UK 31 August 2007 08:05 PM

last of the great impreza's :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mgcvk 31 August 2007 09:38 PM

If things don't work out great for sales with the hatch - hard to believe I know - maybe we will get the USA shaped saloon too. This hatch could be disastrous or maybe we will all get to love it. Hawkeye wasn't very popular when first revealed.

T5NYW 01 September 2007 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by mgcvk (Post 7221509)
If things don't work out great for sales with the hatch - hard to believe I know - maybe we will get the USA shaped saloon too. This hatch could be disastrous or maybe we will all get to love it. Hawkeye wasn't very popular when first revealed.

we were just getting the STi :D there may have been a chance we'd get a STi saloon late next year and a Diesel model ;) but now we are getting the crappy WRX I very much doubt it :rolleyes:

mind you it looking at the Video, with PPP and PHP it would have been a different story :D the ugly one would have won :D LOL

Tony