ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ECUTEK? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/631308-ecutek.html)

Skooby53 30 August 2007 08:46 PM

ECUTEK?

Hi, had my scoob about 6 yrs just got the money to start playing with it now ie kids finished bleeding me dry :-) Anyway in my previous thread I was advised not to superchip my MY99 instead go for a ecutek remap. Great advice gonna give the recommended guy a ring Saturday. Just wondering what sort of power I could be looking at, I have a KN panel filter and a Magnex exhaust. To be honest can't wait to get it done !!! :-)

Ian 30 August 2007 10:03 PM

hi, what scoob have you got? uk, import etc.

i can recomend jolly green monster, and zen performance, both very good mappers, and both on this forum

Skooby53 30 August 2007 10:08 PM

Its a Uk spec car with the 801 standard chip, according to ecutek this would have produced 217bhp standard. I do live in Wilts so was thinking of using rampage in Glous?

p1prodrive 30 August 2007 10:22 PM

use Bob Rawle in swindon, he has a very good knowledge and he wont stop untill its right !

matt

scooby0809 30 August 2007 10:24 PM

my mothers uk turbo with decat exhaust/panel filter and ecutek map by pat h made 264bhp on surrey rolling road

Skooby53 30 August 2007 10:28 PM

Thanks for that, I really want to get this right, he sounds just what I'm looking for, can't beat a recommendation. Any idea on what to expect? Power, not Bob :-)

StiX 30 August 2007 11:04 PM

I used Powerstation in Tewkesbury to remap mine via Ecutek - 273bhp/273lbft.

Magnex centre & backbox
JR Panel filter
Ninja Sports Cat downpipe.

Have you changed the downpipe? Definitely need to do that for best results.

andythejock01wrx 30 August 2007 11:06 PM

As above, re the downpipe.

myblackwrx 30 August 2007 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Skooby53 (Post 7219521)
Its a Uk spec car with the 801 standard chip, according to ecutek this would have produced 217bhp standard. I do live in Wilts so was thinking of using rampage in Glous?

jollygreenmonster is in Kent (www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk although he's having problems with his site at the mo).
Remaped my mates' Apexi power Fc and did a bloody good job as well

Jolly Green Monster 31 August 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7219666)
jollygreenmonster is in Kent (JollyGreenMonster.co.uk although he's having problems with his site at the mo).
Remaped my mates' Apexi power Fc and did a bloody good job as well

well spotted.. website seems to have disappeared, not had time to get to the bottom of it..

Simon

myblackwrx 31 August 2007 09:52 AM

seems to be working now

mAk78 31 August 2007 01:34 PM

Hi Skooby53,

I have a ECUTEK 3 99/00 ecu which I want to sell now my old car has gone. It was mapped by WRC Tech for de-cat downpipe, sports cat centre, aftermarket back box and K&N panel filter. Running 1.2 bar boost.

Thought it might interest you. if so PM me. Would save licence fee and I'm based in Glos.

Mark

swisstonihasher 31 August 2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by p1prodrive (Post 7219551)
use Bob Rawle in swindon, he has a very good knowledge and he wont stop untill its right !

matt

Agree with Matt, not all mappers will tell you if things aren't right on your car and just go for a power figure, but Bob works on and on to make sure everything is right - he's helped me sort a leaking dump valve, crap FPR, bad quality FPR and turbo pipework and much more boost running the oe ECU with ecutek and a AVC-r. I'm visiting him again early next year to sort my last problem of uprated fuel pump dropping off at revs (about .5 bar), cant wait :thumb:

Skooby53 31 August 2007 06:31 PM

Bob sounds the man then! Can anyone PM me a contact number??

myblackwrx 31 August 2007 06:42 PM

BRDevelopments

Fuzz 31 August 2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by mAk78 (Post 7220455)
Hi Skooby53,

I have a ECUTEK 3 99/00 ecu which I want to sell now my old car has gone. It was mapped by WRC Tech for de-cat downpipe, sports cat centre, aftermarket back box and K&N panel filter. Running 1.2 bar boost.

Thought it might interest you. if so PM me. Would save licence fee and I'm based in Glos.

Mark

Just be aware you couldn't slap this one straight in and expect it to be right.
It would need at the very least a check over with the right equipment (det cans and wideband)

Skooby53 31 August 2007 07:47 PM

Thanks didn't think it would be a plug in and play :-) Sadly! I will give BRDevelopments a bell tomorrow or Monday for more info, they do seem to come very highly recommended. Shame the Jolly Green Monster is so far away, sounds fun!!!!

mike799 31 August 2007 10:03 PM

jolly green monster [simon] is coming to fit apexi power fc to my car on the 5th september :) i live in cheltenham, get in touch with jolly green monster he may be able to help you on the same day.

Jolly Green Monster 04 September 2007 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Skooby53 (Post 7221232)
Thanks didn't think it would be a plug in and play :-) Sadly! I will give BRDevelopments a bell tomorrow or Monday for more info, they do seem to come very highly recommended. Shame the Jolly Green Monster is so far away, sounds fun!!!!

I am not that far from most places in the uk at least once a week.

Think I have visited 6 counties so far this week ;)

Simon