ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   prodive springs (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/631265-prodive-springs.html)

bushiwarrior 30 August 2007 05:16 PM

prodive springs

ok i currently have a 2007 wrx with 18"/8" rota gra's, my question is:-

A. has any one upgraded to prodrive springs and found it too low with splitter fitted?(eg road humps)?

B. has it actually made a huge difference in handling?(eg body roll)?

drtchock 30 August 2007 06:22 PM

my 06 has the splitter, 18s and im on prodrive springs... its not too low at the front no.. fine for road use.. have scraped it underneath a couple of times in multi-story car parks if the angle of the ramp is quite steep.. the way of getting around this is just to come down them at an angle rather than straight forward.... these are only minor scrapes to the underside though

the ride is alot better, no way near as bouncy! the handling is also improved.

i recommend them! hope that helps..

now can i ask u a question?.. how do you find the exhaust setup uve got? why did you choose the setup you chose?... and how loud is it?

bushiwarrior 30 August 2007 10:40 PM

my exhaust setup is perfect for me.If the asbo nur-spec is a ten for loudness then mine is six to seven, if you decided to get the unresonated centre section i guess seven to eight. Hope this helps and thanks for your reply.

andythejock01wrx 30 August 2007 10:59 PM

Norn Ireland !! I reckon they're the dog's danglies too. Much more composed, not too hard and not too low.

Do it !

bushiwarrior 30 August 2007 11:52 PM

hey jock may do :)

Snazy 31 August 2007 11:13 AM

Have people had these fitted at Subaru? If so whats the cost?
Also wondering if its gonna kill my warranty which somehow I think it will :( (Euro import)

andythejock01wrx 01 September 2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7220151)
Also wondering if its gonna kill my warranty which somehow I think it will :( (Euro import)

Yes, and "quite a bit" !

A bit more than £400 fitted by main stealer, including Prodrive geometry settings.

andythejock01wrx 01 September 2007 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by bushiwarrior (Post 7219727)
hey jock may do :)

Cool, Norn Ireland !

;)

bushiwarrior 01 September 2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7220151)

im in the same position mate itll probably void the warranty if it wrecks the struts but general warranty laws says that the part must have been the sole cause of the malfunction for example if your wipers stop working it cant have been the springs. As far as imports are concerned its any ones guess. We are in the same boat mines a cyprian import.

Snazy 01 September 2007 04:43 PM

Aaaah well, avoid bumpy roads for me then lol

It dont bother me too much but would have been nice :)

ARM-Scooby 01 September 2007 06:48 PM

prodrive springs are a lot better than the standard ones imho. Combined with correct geometry really changes the handling for the better. Prodrive springs shouldnt effect the warranty. They dont on a uk spec car, not sure about a euro import, but i cant see a uk dealer having any issue with prodrive springs.
Rear strut on the left hand side is a common failure on the hawk and blob eyes, had it changed on both under warranty with prodrive springs fitted and 18" wheels.