ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   HOLIDAYS Booked earlier and earlier (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/631190-holidays-booked-earlier-and-earlier.html)

Phil 30 August 2007 10:36 AM

HOLIDAYS Booked earlier and earlier

Now I know I am an old git [42] but I remember when you used to book holidays just after the New Year Sales

But now We have just got back from 2 weeks in Tsilivi,Zante

and yes we have booked next years Holiday, after lots of research and playing everybody off each other, with a sizable discount on the brouchure price

I have 2 kids so I want to go where I want to not to wheres left BUT DOES ANYBODY ELSE BOOK THIS EARLY

Snazy 30 August 2007 10:42 AM

I booked my '08 trip to Florida in May '07 lol
I like to stay ahead.

davegtt 30 August 2007 10:49 AM

No, Im supposed to be going on the 13th of September '07. I'll probably book about the 10th.

Only time Ive ever booked early is when there is a specific destination you want to go.

Phil 30 August 2007 10:53 AM

Blimey that is LATE

is that just for you ?

Do you really get good deals ?

I saved just under £500 on a £2,500 holiday by haggling and booking early

I couldn't book the hotel direct for the price I am paying and it includes flights :)

SirFozzalot 30 August 2007 11:16 AM

I'm on holiday from Saturday 8th Sept.

Still haven't booked anything :rolleyes: In fact I deliberately left it late to get some of these fantastic "late deals" I keep hearing about....so far there isn't anything that seems to be partcularly cheap that matches our dates. :(

davegtt 30 August 2007 11:18 AM

Put it this way, If I pay more than £150 per person I think its expensive ;) And generally stay in a 3* minimum and try my best for half board type deals.

should be 2 of us going but since fell out with her in doors again so think I might either go on my own or save the dollar for my travelling in 2 months time :)

davegtt 30 August 2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 7218122)

Still haven't booked anything :rolleyes: In fact I deliberately left it late to get some of these fantastic "late deals" I keep hearing about....so far there isn't anything that seems to be partcularly cheap that matches our dates. :(

Nothing cheap going this year although typically Ive see a couple of stuff on the 8th of sept but its too early for me :lol1:

If your not tied to dates or destinations you can get some cracking deals

Snazy 30 August 2007 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 7218122)

These days booking late just seems to get you cattle hurded into whatever is left over.
I am able to book in advance cos I know the house im staying in, the car im driving etc lol, but the snowboarding trip for this year will be a little later booked.