ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just got letter from debt collectors - Me Vs Virgin Media (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/631168-just-got-letter-from-debt-collectors-me-vs-virgin-media.html)

Nat 30 August 2007 08:25 AM

Just got letter from debt collectors - Me Vs Virgin Media

And i haven't even got or have ever had Virgin fricking media or NTL :mad:

:rolleyes:

Useless idots, never hear a good word about them. The same thing happened when i moved into my place 5 years ago due to some old account. God knows what they think i owe them now :lol1:

Snazy 30 August 2007 08:27 AM

Tell them you will accept a quick settlement for the stress its caused you , muppets!

Nat 30 August 2007 08:28 AM

If i wasn't leaving the country for the forseable future i'd go to court and ask them to produce documents etc and see them make idots of themselves.

worley 30 August 2007 08:55 AM

VM or NTL are the worst of the worst companies when it comes to administration. I've had some potential wranglings with them in the past and more recently on a business front. They charged us for an account that had been requested to be closed six months previously (in writing) and now it's finally closed - they have sent me another bill!

I can't see them lasting much longer as VM particlulary after the Sky debacle - removing Sky One and Sports News from cable packages.

Luminous 30 August 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7217802)
Tell them you will accept a quick settlement for the stress its caused you , muppets!

Yup, I would take that line too....:)

If you have left the country and it goes to court, just think of all those lovely travel expenses you can claim while coming back to visit old friends :luxhello:

Nat 30 August 2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7217947)
Yup, I would take that line too....:)

If you have left the country and it goes to court, just think of all those lovely travel expenses you can claim while coming back to visit old friends :luxhello:

That's a good idea :thumb:

Dave1980 30 August 2007 10:31 AM

muppets, i got one for a mobile phone i never had as well. took a while to sort that out.

Phantom_Flan_Flinger 30 August 2007 10:51 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what's the name of the Debt Collection Agency?

Nat 30 August 2007 10:57 AM

Garlands.

pimmo2000 30 August 2007 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by worley (Post 7217856)
VM or NTL are the worst of the worst companies when it comes to administration. I've had some potential wranglings with them in the past and more recently on a business front. They charged us for an account that had been requested to be closed six months previously (in writing) and now it's finally closed - they have sent me another bill!

I can't see them lasting much longer as VM particlulary after the Sky debacle - removing Sky One and Sports News from cable packages.

They didnt remove them, sky did.

Virginmedia is also a sponsor of this forum so... for the sake of the forum I'd probably be careful.

:thumb:

Simon C 30 August 2007 11:40 AM

No, Virgin wouldn't pay for them!

Anyway there were reports in 1 of the Sunday Finance sections about VM being sold soon.

ScoobLou 30 August 2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 7218109)
They didnt remove them, sky did.

Virginmedia is also a sponsor of this forum so... for the sake of the forum I'd probably be careful.

:thumb:

It doesn't bother me if they are, they are causing me problems at the moment and I can't even get to speak to someone who speaks english!

apples24 31 August 2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by worley (Post 7217856)

snap

our virgin account was closed over 6 months ago and to this day ever month we receive a bill for 50 odd pounds, we then every month have to spend 30 mins on the phone sorting it out, totally useless im sooo glad we ditched them

MrRee007 31 August 2007 08:57 AM

VM are, however, offering FREE Setanta Sports to all customers on every package with Virgin Media. This weekend!!

Starting with the Man. Utd. game!!!

Digital TV Home