ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sky + (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/630366-sky.html)

DJ2000 26 August 2007 05:02 PM

Sky +

Is Sky + any good?.Is the current deal of £99 for the box £30 for fitment and £15 upwards for whatever package you choose.Do they not charge you an extra £10 or so a month for the sky+ subscription? Any info gratefully appriciated:thumb:

Snazy 26 August 2007 05:18 PM

Its the nuts mate, series link, any time tv!

So nice to be in control of your tv rather than your tv controlling your life lol.

They charge £10 a month for + yes, but if you have multiroom they wave the fee.

CooperS 26 August 2007 05:20 PM

How long have you been with Sky, if you try to cancel you'll get a free one out of them

Snazy 26 August 2007 05:23 PM

lol thats just sneeky :)

Their BB has been good too, so I might actually drop my BT broadband after all these years, no point wasting good money eh.

DJ2000 26 August 2007 05:31 PM

have not got sky at the moment..

Kieran_Burns 26 August 2007 05:38 PM

Sky+ is free now:

Availability

New Customers: Sky+ is available for only £99 to new customers via Sky.com.

Existing customers: You have two options...
Standard: Box cost is £99, plus £60 installation. More at Sky.com - Home

Multiroom: Use your old Sky box to watch different TV channels in other rooms. Sky+ box price is £99, multiroom subscription is £10 a month. Free standard installation

All customers - There's no charge to use Sky+ as long as you remain a Sky customer (the £10 Sky+ subscription charge ended in July 2007)
There's also a high-definition version of Sky+, the Sky HD box

For more details about Sky+, and to order, see the Sky+ site (or Sky Ireland).

Snazy 26 August 2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 7210158)
Sky+ is free now:

Availability

New Customers: Sky+ is available for only £99 to new customers via Sky.com.

Existing customers: You have two options...
Standard: Box cost is £99, plus £60 installation. More at Sky.com - Home

Multiroom: Use your old Sky box to watch different TV channels in other rooms. Sky+ box price is £99, multiroom subscription is £10 a month. Free standard installation

All customers - There's no charge to use Sky+ as long as you remain a Sky customer (the £10 Sky+ subscription charge ended in July 2007)
There's also a high-definition version of Sky+, the Sky HD box

For more details about Sky+, and to order, see the Sky+ site (or Sky Ireland).

Hmmm thats wierd, my bill aint gone down. In fact I got a letter the other day putting the overall cost UP not DOWN.

All Torque 26 August 2007 06:02 PM

Sky + was £10 if you only subscribed to the basic package, you had to have at least one premium channel Sports or Movies for them waiver the £10

N*UFO 26 August 2007 06:41 PM

It's good when it works!, I'm on my 4th box in 11 months, the one I have now has been ok so far for 2 months, so hopefully it's a good one, Just as a note When you sign up you get a new Sky+ box, When you have it replaced under guarentee you get a recon unit

Snazy 26 August 2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by All Torque (Post 7210174)
Sky + was £10 if you only subscribed to the basic package, you had to have at least one premium channel Sports or Movies for them waiver the £10

Not when I signed up it wasnt :(
They waved it as long as you were on a £15 month or more AND had multiroom.

Will have to check how badly im being ripped off right now.

Its about £65 a month with BB Max and Sky+ in one room, and normal in the other, with the top channel package.

Chip 26 August 2007 07:37 PM

I wouldnt be without it now!

Chip

All Torque 26 August 2007 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7210268)
Not when I signed up it wasnt :(
They waved it as long as you were on a £15 month or more AND had multiroom.

Will have to check how badly im being ripped off right now.

Its about £65 a month with BB Max and Sky+ in one room, and normal in the other, with the top channel package.

Whats BB Max I take it its broadband from Sky, if it is and your happy with the service that sounds good. I`m paying £54 for Sky+ full package in the living room, with multiroom in one of the kids bedrooms and a magic eye in the others. I`ve also got a magic eye in my bedroom which I got full control of the Sky+ box.

Oh and my Sky+ box is about 5 years old now and i`ve not had any trouble with it what so ever.

Scoobychick 26 August 2007 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 7210345)
I wouldnt be without it now!

Chip

Me too! Sky+ rocks :cool:

T5OLF 26 August 2007 08:25 PM

Could not live without it, No more adverts to sit through any more, never miss the GP. Had my box about 3 years now it was starting to play up until I swopped the 40 gig drive for a 250 gig last week, now I have 21 hours of recording.

DLP 26 August 2007 08:34 PM

Thumbs up from me aswell. :thumb:

jaytc2003 26 August 2007 09:23 PM

me to got sky+ with multiroom and the new boxes that allow anytime tv brilliant

The Dogs B******s 26 August 2007 09:29 PM

I've got sky+ in two rooms and a normal one in another,pay about £70 a month but couldn't live without it.

Scotsman 26 August 2007 09:29 PM

Sky + is almost as good an invention as the tv itself :)

The £10 used to be dropped when you took out one of the premium channels but I'm pretty sure I read that they recently (few months ago) dropped the £10 charge altogether.

Jay m A 26 August 2007 10:03 PM

Sky + is the new mobile phone...once you have it you wonder how you survived without it :D

GaryCat 26 August 2007 10:23 PM

Yeah I couldn't be witout it now. I was stuck in traffic this morning so used my mobile phone to start the F1 recording... then when I got in I made my self lunch and sat down in front of the race with adverts watched at 30x normal speed :D

mad555 26 August 2007 11:12 PM

does the sky+ box come in black or just silver ??

GaryCat 26 August 2007 11:32 PM

Mine is white.

Snazy 27 August 2007 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by All Torque (Post 7210373)
Whats BB Max I take it its broadband from Sky, if it is and your happy with the service that sounds good. I`m paying £54 for Sky+ full package in the living room, with multiroom in one of the kids bedrooms and a magic eye in the others. I`ve also got a magic eye in my bedroom which I got full control of the Sky+ box.

Oh and my Sky+ box is about 5 years old now and i`ve not had any trouble with it what so ever.

Yeah Broadband with Sky. Has seemed ok since I had it installed as a trial to see if its a good option to replace the current provider (BT)
All seems well, so after a long time I will be ditching my BT connection, and sticking with the cheaper Sky. If that falls thru, I always have the broadband for free from Orange also on one of my contracts :lol1:

Neanderthal 27 August 2007 08:18 AM

My Sky+ box died last night. Had it 3.5 years.
Tried all the usual switching it off, taking out the viewing card etc.
Watching live TV is so restrictive! :( :(

Diesel 27 August 2007 09:52 AM

Dont forget you can get twin tuner Freeview hard disk recorders too (Google Freeview PVR) and there are no subs with this. D (ohh and yes, it is seminal, gadgetry like microwaves and freezers!)

CooperS 27 August 2007 11:18 AM

waiting until dec when my 12 month contract is up and cancelling so i get a free one out of them, if they won't then stuff them i'll go on virgin

J4CKO 27 August 2007 11:35 AM

My missus, like with everything was skeptical, nay suspicious of this fangled box, she resisted on cost grounds and the fact 'We watch enough telly anyway', I just went along as wasn't all that bothered, our normal box was conking out and the signal was poor so I double bluffed her and said we may as well cancel, tried to and Sky offerred a plus for 49 quid and no subs, she was srtill skeptical, looking for the cat (what is it with women), it turns up, she ignores it for a week or so and then records something, now a month or two later its the best idea she ever had.

What is it with women, its like introducing new things into the habitat of some timid animal ?

jaytc2003 27 August 2007 11:47 AM

i got mine of the missus for a birthday present so she could record lost. How I laughed when she realised the current series had finished! :lol1: