ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   keighley trade sports centre????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/629772-keighley-trade-sports-centre.html)

belfast anto 23 August 2007 05:52 PM

keighley trade sports centre?????

am thinking of flying over next week to buy a scooby from here but just thought it'd be a good idea to see if anyone knows anything about them i.e.can they be haggled lol or do they have a good reputation.any replies would be greatly appreciatted:thumb: ,just don't want to fly over to be met with a pile of...well you know :norty:

Daz1121 23 August 2007 07:36 PM

Best do a search on this forum for Keighley trade centre. I've not heard a good word said about them, only bad ones. The cars may be cheap but you can get better for your money elsewhere in my opinion.

skywalker23 23 August 2007 08:25 PM

I've been over a few times and it's like anywere,you get some good and some bad,nothing really nasty,just a couple maybe could do with a wash n polish,have had some really nice cars in...:thumb:

Lovely 22B in and GTR other month....:luvlove:

satpink 23 August 2007 09:03 PM

i bought a sti v6 ra from there it was advertised at £10k knocked him down to £9300 wish i hadn't only did 100miles in it & it spun a bearing i took it back demanding a refund, they didnt want to know in the end i got £1k back of them, stay away if i was you

belfast anto 23 August 2007 09:58 PM

thanks for the replies...just done that search and it's nearly all bad grrrr,just saved myself a flight to leeds

scubasteve 24 August 2007 04:57 PM

Thats a wise decision :thumb:

KnobbySP1 27 August 2007 11:40 PM

They import loads of cars, both good and bad...

Went once with a friend and could'nt believe my eyes - having looked under the covers I could see you might end up with a total nightmare

Avoid unless you've got a mechanic with you.

chieftain333 28 August 2007 04:46 PM

stay away!! They do have alot of cars,and some of them look quite decent but they are the cheapest for a reason........heard ALOT of horror stories.
Andy

DaveSTI350 28 August 2007 07:18 PM

I think they are ok. and what you see is what you buy. i went with my mate andy. we spent all day. and drove away with a genuine 38.000. silver WRX. its mint and it had only been in there 1 week..he posts as priceywrx. and he as had it now 8 months and as never mist a beat... He would have bought one that had got it all.... but like i said start standard and you make it yours.... not buy someones ****e that he got rid of for obvious reasons..:thumb:

JDM Steve 29 August 2007 05:50 PM

im currently in the same situation i know to steer clear of keighley trade , but also been checking out torqueofkeighley. as some nice looking cars on there still waiting to see what there like though. As some have said stay away unless its confirmed 100% thats its a good car.

DaveSTI350 29 August 2007 06:11 PM

Steve. as i said mate above. he will deal you. but the choice is yours.. if you get stuck mate i will have a run over with you for a look. and he will bid you on yours...:thumb:

Regards

Dave.

JDM Steve 01 September 2007 04:37 PM

Hey Dave went over to have a look today you were right Keighley Trade and Torque of Keighley are one in the same company they've just moved to a bigger location.

Although they do have a wide variety of cars and i really did like the white 52 reg STi they arent presented that well lots of dings and scratches on them.

So now ive counted silver out of the equation due to the fact they are rare as its black / white or blue to go for :)

Thanks for the advice you were all right. at least i had my eyes opened before doing something daft.

Bug Eyed Peas 02 September 2007 09:28 AM

Have you tried Well Lane Turbo Centre :idea: ?
Welcome to Well Lane Turbo Centre
Ant