ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Time to tell the US to p*55 off? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/629500-time-to-tell-the-us-to-p-55-off.html)

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 02:03 PM

Time to tell the US to p*55 off?

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | US 'frustrated' with UK in Basra

Unbelievable :eek2: :eek:

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 02:07 PM

Have you actually read that story?

He's not 'slagging off' the UK, he's supporting the fact that we are undermanned and overstretched..... ;)

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7201218)

another great thread by matteeboy :Whatever_

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 02:16 PM

Yes I have read it - seems rather ungrateful to me.

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201239)
another great thread by matteeboy :Whatever_

Unlike all your classic threads eh LotR/AL?:lol1:

The Zohan 22 August 2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7201242)
Unlike all your classic threads eh LotR/AL?:lol1:

RingLord is not AL, he said so;)

You could ask Audiknobber - only he got banned because he is sooooooooooooooo funny (see his Tampax thread, you'll need oxygen or you might just die laughing) and interestingly enough as soon as AudiKnobber was banner RingLord showed up agian.

I did ask the question and RingLord assured me he's is not Audiknobber and is a Lurker, well it ends 'ker' anyway.

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 02:21 PM

He told the BBC's Today programme: "I think there is a general disengagement from what the key issues are around Basra. I would imagine that is where the source of frustration is. The Brits have never had enough troops to truly protect the population and we have found that out painfully in the central region as well."

He said US leaders were accepting that they needed to expand the number of their ground troops. Gen Keane added: "I think the same thing applies to the proud and distinguished British Army, it needs to grow in size to help assist in maintaining security as the situations in the 21st century begin to evolve and challenge the West."
Like I said I can't see where he's slating us?

Jamie 22 August 2007 02:25 PM

Hmmmmmmm frustration at British forces in southern Iraq:wonder:

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7201246)
RingLord is not AL, he said so;)

You could ask Audiknobber - only he got banned because he is sooooooooooooooo funny (see his Tampax thread, you'll need oxygen or you might just die laughing) and interestingly enough as soon as AudiKnobber was banner RingLord showed up agian.

I did ask the question and RingLord assured me he's is not Audiknobber and is a Lurker, well it ends 'ker' anyway.

bitter? :lol1:

And get it right it was not a thread about tampax, that is a brand name, the thread was about tampons. (or tapmons as you so call them :lol:)

Anyway have you nothing better to do than speculate that I am AL you sad old man?

Jamie 22 August 2007 02:44 PM

Kiss&make up girls :)

The Zohan 22 August 2007 02:44 PM

Hi AL, sorry RingLord

Bitter, no maybe a Magners, thanks for asking:)

Sad, would that be me or the person who was banned, could not take their licks/punishment and just had to get back on to SN under another name - that's Sad!

LOL!

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7201302)
Hi AL, sorry RingLord

Bitter, no maybe a Magners, thanks for asking:)

Sad, would that be me or the person who was banned, could not take their licks/punishment and just had to get back on to SN under another name - that's Sad!

LOL!

Except that im not AL :Whatever_

Jamie 22 August 2007 02:54 PM

Round two :)

The Zohan 22 August 2007 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7201300)
Kiss&make up girls :)

I like him/them.

I can only hope that he/they can manage to produce another funny as feck thread by copying someone else's (the new hoover thread that is acutally v.funny) only this time work out where the humour is supposed to be and how to build it into his thread. Just having 'Tampon' in the title is not enough;)

Lol, what an assclown (telling it like it is & looking forward to my first infraction)

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201316)
Except that im not AL :Whatever_

You sure about that :D

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7201322)
I like him/them.

I can only hope that he/they can manage to produce another funny as feck thread by copying someone else's (the new hoover thread that is acutally v.funny) only this time work out where the humour is supposed to be and how to build it into his thread. Just having 'Tampon' in the title is not enough;)

Lol, what an assclown

says the washed up moderator :lol1:

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7201325)
You sure about that :D

Are you PSL ? :p

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 02:57 PM

DCI - so should we magic up some more troops to kill themselves in Iraq even though we are so overstretched?!

We've sent plenty of troops - we have none left. A bit like someone saying "thanks for helping me put up that wall but have you got some mates that could give a hand too - you're not really being much help on your own"

To which most would answer "pi55 off"

We shouldn't BE in Iraq in the first place. To be there losing troops so often that it hardly gets a mention in the news AND be told it's not enough is pretty grotty.

LotR - Still hanging on are we? I did see your tampon thread and the response made me laugh a lot.

The Zohan 22 August 2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201328)
says the washed up moderator :lol1:

LOL - oh sticks and stones you are da man with that whitty
retort!
Can you not do better that that, is that your best attempt assclown - have we given up trying to work out how to use humour?

Are you writing your own material?

Enough mocking the afflicted I am done

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7201331)
DCI - so should we magic up some more troops to kill themselves in Iraq even though we are so overstretched?!

We've sent plenty of troops - we have none left. A bit like someone saying "thanks for helping me put up that wall but have you got some mates that could give a hand too - you're not really being much help on your own"

We shouldn't BE in Iraq in the first place. To be there losing troops so often that it hardly gets a mention in the news AND be told it's not enough is pretty grotty.

LotR - Still hanging on are we? I did see your tampon thread and the response made me laugh a lot.

Stop typing. You really dont have a clue when it comes to wars, politics and all other current affairs in the middle east :thumb:

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7201334)
LOL - oh sticks and stones you are da man with that whitty
retort!
Can you not do better that that, is that your best attempt assclown - have we given up trying to work out how to use humour?

Are you writing your own material?

Washed up then, washed up now. The only humour around here is you and its not an attempt. Least respected moderator ever :lol:

Go get "upset" about something other then my comments :lol1:

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201330)
Are you PSL ? :p

:lol1: .................... :Suspiciou "Yes, I'm SPARTACUS" :)

The Zohan 22 August 2007 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201343)
Washed up then, washed up now. The only humour around here is you and its not an attempt. Least respected moderator ever :lol:

Go get "upset" about something other then my comments :lol1:

Oh god it hurts, i must crawl away to recover, the humiliation of it all.

I think you mean "the only joke around here" I suppose thats as close as you will magage, a bit like you humour, almost but not quite there yet, even using other peoples lines you still feck it up!

AsscLown - you must try harder and do better than that.

Upset, dissappointed YOU just cannot raise your game more like.
Stick to your tampon gags, more your mark

now done for sure...

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7201351)
Oh god it hurts, i must crawl away to recover, the humiliation of it all.

AsscLown - you must try harder and do better than that.

Upset, dissappointed you just cannot raise your game more like.

Stick to your tampon gags, more you mark

now done for sure...

you said that before :lol1:

lets see if you can stick by your word this time round, will it be unable to resist the temptation of a "comeback" like the weak minded individual hes proved to be time and time again :lol1: :thumb: :D

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7201346)
:lol1: .................... :Suspiciou "Yes, I'm SPARTACUS" :)

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...27/300_460.jpg

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7201331)

I understand what you're saying, although I read it differently....

1. The title "US 'frustrated' with UK in Basra"..... that's news hound spin, the US Advisor has actually said that the British have disengaged due to a lack of manpower (on the ground) and have concentrated on training Iraqi troops.

And that the 'frustration' was both OURS and THEIRS rather than just the US's.... primarily due to a lack of manpower to enable a proactive approach to sercurity in and around Basra. Which was also commented on and supported by Gen. Jack Keane.

2. I think we (the UK) are doing the right thing, we're concentrating on training local security forces so that we can withdraw our remaining troops.

I acknowledge the lack of troop support, the fact that we're maxed out.... but no one (except the papers gutter hounds) are 'slagging' anyone off. Just a typical "let's make a story out of nothing" by the media...

DCI Gene Hunt 22 August 2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201367)

"SPARTACUS......" not "Spartan!!!!!!" :lol1:

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7201374)
"SPARTACUS......" not "Spartan!!!!!!" :lol1:

you are a roman slave?

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by paulhabgood
*insert paulhabgoods deleted comments here*

http://www.infonavigate.com/travels/...0-%20Sheep.jpg
http://atheistempire.com/entertainme...eak-minded.jpg

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7201369)
I understand what you're saying, although I read it differently....

1. The title "US 'frustrated' with UK in Basra"..... that's news hound spin, the US Advisor has actually said that the British have disengaged due to a lack of manpower (on the ground) and have concentrated on training Iraqi troops.

And that the 'frustration' was both OURS and THEIRS rather than just the US's.... primarily due to a lack of manpower to enable a proactive approach to sercurity in and around Basra. Which was also commented on and supported by Gen. Jack Keane.

2. I think we (the UK) are doing the right thing, we're concentrating on training local security forces so that we can withdraw our remaining troops.

I acknowledge the lack of troop support, the fact that we're maxed out.... but no one (except the papers gutter hounds) are 'slagging' anyone off. Just a typical "let's make a story out of nothing" by the media...

Fair comments but goes to show how the same story can be interpreted so differently which in itself is a bit scary!

LotR - Of course, by the pic you just posted up of "Spartacus" you REALLY know your stuff don't you?! :lol1: :lol1:

I have several mates serving as officers over there and I've spoken at length to them in between postings.
Had I accepted my offer from the RM to start training as an officer, I'd be out there now so I tend to keep abreast of what's going on.
Unlike an overweight, naive "plumber" like yourself who doesn't even know his way around the female plumbing system. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: