ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Norwich Union Direct & mods :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/62900-norwich-union-direct-and-mods.html)

msp1 04 January 2002 08:13 PM

Just took out insurance with Norwich Union Direct. Fair price taking into account Scoobysport backbox, colour coding, wife as named driver.

Asked whether modifications would appear on insurance certificate and was told they wouldn't but a note was on file saying "colour coding and exhaust modifications". Is this usual? What would happen in the event of a claim? Would this include a full scoobysport system?

Mike

Hel 04 January 2002 11:00 PM

Our insurance hasnt really gone up with our mods ie high spoiler, full ss exhaust. Did tell them about exhaust after we renewed insurance (full ss not on car when ins was due). just said we were paying slightly more for spoiler in first place and my 17" wheels didnt bother them a bit. Have to wait till next year to see but the insurance always goes up anyway as of our post code and car thieves.
Think theyd spot if youd claim for a full ss if you only had a back box though.

gregh 07 January 2002 05:23 PM

Hm! Just tried their web site and it says can only quote on standard cars, without mods!

greg

msp1 07 January 2002 10:11 PM

If you've got mods call them on 0800 888 112

Mike

simo 08 January 2002 08:37 PM

I'm with NU (thru Rum :)) and have full s/sport system, ITG, 18" wheels, alcons & window tints and NU did.nt want any extra cash :) They make a note on file (of which I have a copy) and all is rosy

they also offer full track day cover at around £70 per day, a small price to pay for peace of mind I think

cheers Simon

SimonH 08 January 2002 09:49 PM

Don't know what I'm doing wrong - my UK MY00 (std apart from exhaust) came up at about £1000 with NU through Schofields..........
(no claims, no convictions - wife has an SP30, garaged etc) :(

Rum* 08 January 2002 10:55 PM

Unfortunately its not down to us....if it was we'd insure all of you....well nearly all of you :D:D:D

Sometimes insurers have a bad claims history in a certain postcode...sometimes its a particular age...maybe the vehicle wasn't garaged....whatever....either way its a pain in the **se for us as it really doesn't seem to make any sense...

All I can say is that we will always try and help....can't really do more than that...

Some we win....others seem to go to Tesco's....bizarre, maybe we should start to sell groceries as well :D:D:D:D

Rum*

MattW 09 January 2002 02:43 PM

Swindon's a bugger

On my seventh scoob in last six months, keep writing the things off, can't get that Magic Roundabout right :rolleyes:

Thank god for Norwich Union, roll on my renewal :D

seejay555 09 January 2002 03:13 PM

Isn't there a difference between Nu and NU Direct - Rum?? I'm insured through NUD and, at the time, they were one of the few who would quote me with my speeding record:rolleyes: NU wouldn't quote.

WUZ 01 October 2002 12:38 AM

As with others who have posted here, I am with Norwich Union Direct as well. Informed them of Stainless steel exhaust (they say its a cosmetic mod - go figure!) and uprated brakes, all at no extra cost

Russell (29, 3yrs NCD, MY97, 10K/year @ £901)

[Edited by WUZ - 1/10/2002 12:39:16 AM]