ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hollywood remake for 'Enter the Dragon'.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/628379-hollywood-remake-for-enter-the-dragon.html)

SiPie 17 August 2007 01:28 PM

Hollywood remake for 'Enter the Dragon'....

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Remake for iconic Bruce Lee film

Greatest film ever (well, maybe not based on acting ability....) and they even dare to try a remake :cry:

SJ_Skyline 17 August 2007 01:33 PM

Why oh why do they have to go and butcher classic films with a remake? :(

My money is on them casting Jet Li for the role. At least he stands half a chance of doing some justice to the original.

Scooby Snacks 23 17 August 2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 7189919)
My money is on them casting Jet Li for the role. At least he stands half a chance of doing some justice to the original.

Agree with that comment.

I wonder if they'll mismatch the dubbing, just to keep the effect of the original?

not really a newbie 17 August 2007 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 7189959)
Agree with that comment.

I wonder if they'll mismatch the dubbing, just to keep the effect of the original?

Exactly, it is a great film beacuse of the way it is shot and editied as well as the unsurpassable Bruce Lee.

It should be left well alone as it is what it is!

Hollywood seems to have run out of ideas

SJ_Skyline 17 August 2007 02:14 PM

Hollywood remakes over the last couple of years have been dire, The Ladykillers and Get Carter are but two that spring to mind of classic films butchered.

There was an interview with Danny Boyle recentley who said that they really ought to try remaking films that had failed the first time round rather than those that had been hits.

hutton_d 17 August 2007 03:11 PM

I reckon they'll have Tom Cruise in the lead role .... :D

Dave

Markus 17 August 2007 03:19 PM

Rich,
You forgot to add the utter trash remake that was Taxi. The original was rather good. Another Luc Besson film trashed by holyweird was The Professional, a very poor remake of Nikita. How could you also forget The Italian Job. It was ok, but not a patch on the original.

As for the remake of ETD, it's a dishonor to the memory of Bruce Lee to remake this classic film.

Frosty The Snowman 17 August 2007 03:55 PM

Well I thought The Professional aka Leon was very good and was written and directed by Besson, same as Nikita.

Markus 17 August 2007 04:35 PM

Ok, my bad. I got the titles messed up. The Professional is the US name for Leon, which, thankfully, has not been remade and is a true classic. The film I meant to name, was Point of No Return (also known as The Assassin), which is the remake of Nikita.

Simon 69 17 August 2007 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 7189919)
Why oh why do they have to go and butcher classic films with a remake? :(

Ive seen a re-make already, with Jet Li..... This was an Hong Kong production though.

Power Junkie 17 August 2007 09:51 PM

there isnt anybody who could pull off what Bruce Lee did, Jet Li is good, Tony Jaa would be better, but still not compared to Lee, just leave it as the classic it is.

Sonic' 17 August 2007 09:55 PM

Leave well alone IMHO

Some films should never be remade

Simon 69 18 August 2007 12:51 AM

Its already been re-made once, starring Jet Li!

CrisPDuk 18 August 2007 02:37 AM

I Vote for Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal in the Bruce Lee role:thumb:

Let's face it, if you're going to butcher something, you may as well do the job properly:freak3:

And while we're on the subject of bad remakes, 'Assault on Precinct 13' anyone:lol1: