ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Front Wheel Camber Issue (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/628290-front-wheel-camber-issue.html)

JDSWORD 16 August 2007 11:45 PM

Front Wheel Camber Issue

Going from the Valleys to Hereford to meet up with Brother in Law and have a blow out just past Abergavenny. Ok I think ''I hope the tyre is ok for a repair (Toyo)''. Once I take the tyre off I can see that 50mm of the tyre has gone down as far as the rubber below the steel of the tyre. It looks lie somebody peeled the tyre away as the rest of the tyre (under 2k old + one Llandow session) is perfect. It still has the coloured lones in the tread. I check the other tyre and it's the same.

I'm gueeing there is a camber issue but I have not changed it.

Any ideas?

KJD Mk1 17 August 2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JDSWORD (Post 7188761)
Going from the Valleys to Hereford to meet up with Brother in Law and have a blow out just past Abergavenny. Ok I think ''I hope the tyre is ok for a repair (Toyo)''. Once I take the tyre off I can see that 50mm of the tyre has gone down as far as the rubber below the steel of the tyre. It looks lie somebody peeled the tyre away as the rest of the tyre (under 2k old + one Llandow session) is perfect. It still has the coloured lones in the tread. I check the other tyre and it's the same.

I'm gueeing there is a camber issue but I have not changed it.

Any ideas?

You might want to contact Toyo to see if they have had a faulty batch or at least warn them they might have.

I see the scoob on piston heads, have you an eye on a lotus yet:norty:

pippyrips 18 August 2007 01:54 PM

pics would help but if it is camber etc take it to powerstation.

JDSWORD 19 August 2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by kjdmk1 (Post 7189755)
I see the scoob on piston heads, have you an eye on a lotus yet:norty:

Just went for the other side Kev and bought this:

Vauxhall : Very Rare & Unique Opportunity - Please read

Picked it up yesterday from the other side of London. Drove it back with semi slick race tyres in the rain and it was a (bit lairy:norty: ) hoot.

I still have to sell the Scoobie but I'm not in a rush.

KJD Mk1 19 August 2007 05:52 PM

:thumb: VX's are very good value, enjoy and take it a bit easy until you get some time in behind the wheel.
Hope to see it at the next meet:cool:

JDSWORD 18 September 2007 10:02 PM

Ok I still have the camber issue. Having not used the car a lot since the original post, and despite having the wheel alignment done, I still have a neg camber on the front wheels. Is there a wheel geometry centre in Wales?

I have a contact now for the VX (Scared Stiff) but did not want to drive the car that distance due ti tyre ware:(

Any help?

turboDean 21 September 2007 01:41 PM

Andy at ACE can get the full geometry setup to "prodrive" settings, he uses a local company with lazer alignment gear to do the work.
Hopefully mine will be getting done next week.