ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   M6 Vs RA-Vid (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/628177-m6-vs-ra-vid.html)

R4LLY 16 August 2007 05:51 PM

M6 Vs RA-Vid

A relative got hold of a slightly tweaked M6 for a weekend recently and went out for a bit of comparison with the RA. ;)
Firstly the M6 is a beast, if I could afford it I would take it over a Gallardo or its closest competitor anyday. It oozes class and sophistication, and when you press that M Button it transforms into an animal. The SMG is a bit fiddly and failed at one point :eek: But re-started the car and it was ok. It does not like downshifting and quick acceleration and would be perfect in a manual-But I guess it would probably slow the shift time.
We tested from Launch and from 50-150, 60-160, 70-160, and 80-160.

But what you can gain from the vid is that you don't need a mahoosive turbo to get a fast road car.;) :D
Anyway here's the link for the Video :thumb: Hope you enjoy.

YouTube - The Showdown -Modified Bmw M6 vs STI RA

WRX300MAN 16 August 2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by R4LLY (Post 7187449)
Firstly the M6 is a beast, if I could afford it I would take it over a Gallardo or its closest competitor anyday. It oozes class and sophistication, and when you press that M Button it transforms into an animal.

. . .In that case, what are you doing on this forum . . .Sounds like its time you got yrself a BMW . . .

R4LLY 16 August 2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN (Post 7187463)
. . .In that case, what are you doing on this forum . . .Sounds like its time you got yrself a BMW . . .

I would buy it if I was in the market for that genre of vehicle, but I'm not. Don't really want to spend 80k on a car, and personally would like something that is faster than a Subaru ;) :D

rcwhite 16 August 2007 07:05 PM

good vid mate GOOd watching looks like u had fun:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Luminous 16 August 2007 07:58 PM

Well this was always going to be asked....

what mods does the M6 have, and what mods does the RA have?

(sorry if the vid answers this, but I am still downloading it :p )

Jeff Stryker 16 August 2007 09:01 PM

Nice vid. If you had just posted a story about how well your scooby done against an M6 you would of got flamed by the resident scooby haters.
Fair play to you for posting the vid because i couln't of been bothered trailing through hundreds of pages of posts where people are arguing saying the M6 would eat it. Cheers :thumb:

Luminous 16 August 2007 09:03 PM

errrr, just watched that :eek:

A few points:-
1) Delete it
2) Delete it again
3) Delete it and run and hide.

They are clearly identifiable UK roads and drivers. And you have told them the speeds :eek:

I think that vid could do with a little re-editing if you are going to make it public.

P.S. it did look and sound cool :thumb:

ScoobyWeb 16 August 2007 09:19 PM

That is one well sorted RA, I was shocked by how easily it left the M6.
Don't condone the speeds that you were doing on a public road especially with so much traffic around, but I have to say I enjoyed the vid.

Chris.

p1prodrive 16 August 2007 09:29 PM

m6 is one of may fav's

R4LLY 16 August 2007 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Stryker (Post 7188012)
Nice vid. If you had just posted a story about how well your scooby done against an M6 you would of got flamed by the resident scooby haters.
Fair play to you for posting the vid because i couln't of been bothered trailing through hundreds of pages of posts where people are arguing saying the M6 would eat it. Cheers :thumb:

Cheers, I know exactly what you mean. Too many people underestimate the power of forced induction...:D

R4LLY 16 August 2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7188024)
errrr, just watched that :eek:

A few points:-
1) Delete it
2) Delete it again
3) Delete it and run and hide.

They are clearly identifiable UK roads and drivers. And you have told them the speeds :eek:

I think that vid could do with a little re-editing if you are going to make it public.

P.S. it did look and sound cool :thumb:

Thanks for the input, will take a look at it again and see what we can get taken out.:thumb:

Luminous 16 August 2007 09:42 PM

np, I just don't want to see yet another person being burnt at the stake for having fun in a car :(

R4LLY 16 August 2007 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWeb (Post 7188103)
That is one well sorted RA, I was shocked by how easily it left the M6.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, Its the same reaction that alot of people have, but Paul (Zen Performance) has done some excellent work on it and the results are clearly visible. Just shows what can be achieved from just an 18G.
The actual nickname "The Bullet" was introduced by a 997 Turbo owner after he went for a drive and the results were similar to the M6...;)

R4LLY 16 August 2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7188220)
np, I just don't want to see yet another person being burnt at the stake for having fun in a car :(

I know what you mean...Was happening alot on this bbs as well.:(

But there's too much money and effort spent on it to not enjoy it. May as well get the ££'s worth...:thumb:

legb4rsk 16 August 2007 09:54 PM

Nice undertaking in the dark at the beginning when joining the carrageway(car in middle lane flashes you).
Looked like you didn't have a seat belt on?
Lots of dagling trash obscuring your windscreen.
Bottle of water on back shelf would hurt if you cashed.
Since when has a scooby been about going fast in a straight line? You need to look at some Richard Noble videos they're much more interesting than that rubbish & he wasn't on a busy road.

Apart from that ...........:confused:

R4LLY 16 August 2007 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 7188274)
Nice undertaking in the dark at the beginning when joining the carrageway(car in middle lane flashes you).
Looked like you didn't have a seat belt on?
Lots of dagling trash obscuring your windscreen.
Bottle of water on back shelf would hurt if you cashed.
Since when has a scooby been about going fast in a straight line? You need to look at some Richard Noble videos they're much more interesting than that rubbish & he wasn't on a busy road.

Apart from that ...........:confused:

The flashing was actually the M6 saying slow down so he could catch up. The lights were coming up and he wanted to line up....
Seat belt was of course on. Bottle of water would flex but your probably right shouldn't have been there.
A Subaru is about going fast in a straight line just as much as it is about going on a rally course or a track, just depends what you prefer. Some people actually use their Subaru's in all disciplines and compete succesfully.

Nowadays you even see Subaru's on the drag strip, which is a straight line (The last time I checked....:wonder: )

But I'm glad you took the time out to watch the vid and reply with a post. :thumb:

Drift_King 16 August 2007 11:07 PM

Great vid fella.

legb4rsk 16 August 2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by R4LLY (Post 7188343)
The flashing was actually the M6 saying slow down so he could catch up. The lights were coming up and he wanted to line up....
Seat belt was of course on. Bottle of water would flex but your probably right shouldn't have been there.
A Subaru is about going fast in a straight line just as much as it is about going on a rally course or a track, just depends what you prefer. Some people actually use their Subaru's in all disciplines and compete succesfully.

Nowadays you even see Subaru's on the drag strip, which is a straight line (The last time I checked....:wonder: )

But I'm glad you took the time out to watch the vid and reply with a post. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind reply,:) I am still grouchy since I was stopped last week for speeding for the first time after driving for 30+ years.
but if you look carefully you can see that the M6 following you on the inside lane does indeed flash you but another car in the middle lane also flashes you.

bob r 16 August 2007 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 7188635)

Thanks for the kind reply,:) I am still grouchy since I was stopped last week for speeding for the first time after driving for 30+ years.
but if you look carefully you can see that the M6 following you on the inside lane does indeed flash you but another car in the middle lane also flashes you.

Off the high horse a little now.;)

R4LLY 16 August 2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 7188635)

No problem. :thumb:
Duly noted.........
The driving was safe as possible in the circumstances.;)

R4LLY 16 August 2007 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Drift_King (Post 7188627)
Great vid fella.

Cheers :thumb:

bob r 16 August 2007 11:33 PM

Very enlightening and suprising footage.:thumb: You have got b*lls posting with your mug shot though.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...tar12719_1.gif These cars :luxhello:

R4LLY 16 August 2007 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 7188712)
Very enlightening and suprising footage.:thumb: You have got b*lls posting with your mug shot though.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...tar12719_1.gif These cars :luxhello:

May need some future editing.... ;)

A proper setup Subaru is a force to be reckoned with....;) :D

ScoobyDoo69 16 August 2007 11:45 PM

wow... you absolutely destoryed him. Excellent :D

michaelro 16 August 2007 11:59 PM

A question.

How come you beat him that easily?

I would expect a car with a supposed 140 bhp more than you would do to you what you did to him??

I've always thought from standing a Subaru is quick but once rolling there are a fair few cars on the road that could keep up or beat it.
Your video showed mid range that few cars look like they'd stay with..:wonder:

Brun 17 August 2007 12:04 AM

The BM must weigh in 500kg or more than the Scoob :thumb:

Mk2_heaven 17 August 2007 12:05 AM

nice vid but my your brave posting it get it edited

anthscooby01 17 August 2007 01:06 AM

Fookin ell!! Thats one quick RA!! Top vid mate.

Scoobyspanners 17 August 2007 02:02 AM

If you want to drive flat out please do it on a track, so when it all goes wrong you only kill yourself. It is not a good idea to race on public roads. If the law picks this vid up.........people have been done on video evidence before.

banny sti 17 August 2007 08:04 AM

Awesome Rally, finally get to see your car in action. Now dont even think of changing the turbo to a 20G!!

banny