ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I Blame Labour!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/627829-i-blame-labour.html)

pslewis 14 August 2007 11:57 PM

I Blame Labour!!!!!

For getting the Inflation Rate down to 1.9% ............. we salute you :thumb:

kingofturds 15 August 2007 12:03 AM

And for taking us past the £1.4trillion debt mark:thumb: well done new labour:luxhello: I am sure the all rising house prices will cancel this out though:D

pslewis 15 August 2007 12:13 AM

We are much, much, more wealthy than we were 10 years ago ........... :thumb:

B-B 15 August 2007 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7183531)
We are much, much, more wealthy than we were 10 years ago ........... :thumb:

Speak for yourself Lewis

fast bloke 15 August 2007 12:22 AM

So Pete - can you explain exactly how Labour managed this? (I was expecting them to announce a new index like they did the last time when the BoE's poor control of RPI made Gordon look silly :rolleyes:

Dan W 15 August 2007 12:37 AM

Labour?
Labour?
Labour?

Big Brother?
Big Brother?
Big Brother?

:mad:

SJ_Skyline 15 August 2007 08:35 AM

Two outbreaks of foot and mouth, hospitals rife with Clostridium Difficile and MRSA....

Vote Labour, the party of disease! :thumb:

bonerp 15 August 2007 08:50 AM

if interest rates go up another 1% a lot, (and a serous lot) of people will be crippled cos of the changes to lending etc encouraged by not only labour but tories. Lets face it they started the boom period - I remember cos I bought my first house under them.

None of them understand how their politics affect the common man (and woman) at ground level.

Cant see Brown/No 10 being repossessed can you?! Arses

what would scooby do 15 August 2007 08:55 AM

Prisons = cock
Hospitals = cock
Schooling = cock
Crime and disorder = cock
Cost of living = cock
Immigration = cock

ergo - Labour = cock

Hope that helps :D

SiPie 15 August 2007 08:57 AM

Two outbreaks of foot and mouth, hospitals rife with Clostridium Difficile and MRSA....
So rather than blaming the hospitals and SERPA or DEFRA (or whoever the feck is responsible......) you blame Labour....

Hey, there hasn'r been a plague outbreak in a while, so obviously they are doing something right.

You forgot to blame them for the bad weather we've been having :rolleyes:

Oh....plus they really have let this HIV thing and the global drugs epidemic get wel out of hand too :cuckoo:

Each government has been as bad as each other in this country in my living memory IMHO

Nido 15 August 2007 09:03 AM

The CPI dropped to 1.9%, but this has a lot more to do with one of the wettest July months on record keeping people stuck inside (literally in many cases!) and not going to the the shops to spend their hard earned.

Therfore the stores (both food and retail) had to cut prices to attract what business there was, hence the higher than expected reduction in the CPI.

Unless flash can control the weather now I don't think Labour can take much credit for this ;)

TopBanana 15 August 2007 09:05 AM

It went down mainly because the cost of food (milk, bread) went down. It will go back up again in the near future. Expect at least one more rise.

TopBanana 15 August 2007 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 7183810)
Hey, there hasn'r been a plague outbreak in a while, so obviously they are doing something right.

I think the Tories nipped that one in the bud ages ago :thumb:

Trout 15 August 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 7183807)
Prisons = cock
Hospitals = cock
Schooling = cock
Crime and disorder = cock
Cost of living = cock
Immigration = cock

ergo - Labour = cock

Hope that helps :D

You could be the next Tory Prime Minister with rhetoric like that!

fast bloke 15 August 2007 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 7183817)
.... Expect at least one more rise.

I not so sure now. This should settle the MPC for a couple of months and the increase in May has only really started hitting people in the pocket now. (Rates go up in May, lenders increase rates immediately but increased payment doen't happen until June/July. No-one notices until they get to the end of July and they find it a little bit tighter) Julys increase will start filtering through to spending potential by end of September/October. Also, by this stage, many people who had sub 4% fixed rates have come to the end of a 2 year deal and they suddenly can't get a deal below 6%. The 'global credit crunch' also puts downward pressure on rates, as does the strength of STG. I can't see a cut at any time in the near future, but I think there may be enough factors causing downward pressure to stop rates from rising.

(No doubt I will be back to this thread in 8/12 weeks to eat some humble pie :D )

hutton_d 15 August 2007 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7183486)

But we all now that because of the all the *changes* to the way inflation is calculated the real figure is much, much higher!

Go see National Statistics Online (straight from the horses mouth!)

And " ... As an internationally comparable measure of inflation, the CPI shows that the UK inflation rate is above the average for the European Union as a whole. The provisional inflation rate for the EU 27 in June was 2.1 per cent, compared with the UK rate of 2.4 per cent for the corresponding period ...".

So we're above average for inflation ... whoop dee dooo Nu Labia ....

Dave

Leslie 15 August 2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7183486)

All Flash has to do is to sell the other half of the nation's gold reserves for a knockdown price and he can afford to get it down another 0.1%. For a while anyway!

Tell us how you feel about this Eu "tidying up" exercise that they have produced-otherwise known originally as the Constitution, which Flash will also not allow us to have a referendum for just like Billy Boy and the rest of his lying mates and which Billy approved on our behalf before he left for his new sinecure.

It is at least 90% of the rejected constitution and the other 10% would be instituted by the Eu when it comes into force in 2008!

How do you feel about all that then? We are in desperste need of clarification from an expert such as you.

Les

pslewis 15 August 2007 12:50 PM

I feel sorry for the Tories ..... everything is so good, the roses are out in the garden - they haven't a chance if there was an Election tomorrow!! :lol1:

Devildog 15 August 2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7184231)
I feel sorry for the Tories ..... everything is so good, the roses are out in the garden - they haven't a chance if there was an Election tomorrow!! :lol1:

Go on Pete, break with tradition and try and answer the perfectly valid question raised above by fast bloke?

Or is this another "post something inflamatory, add a couple more useless words and run and hide" as you are prone to doing?

lol

Sonic' 15 August 2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 7184272)
Go on Pete, break with tradition and try and answer the perfectly valid question raised above by fast bloke?

Or is this another "post something inflamatory, add a couple more useless words and run and hide" as you are prone to doing?

lol

No, he will just start another thread ;)

Devildog 15 August 2007 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7184289)

lol

I think wI'm going to start using this (from a thread in policy) as my standard response to Lewis' trolling :lol1:

Pete, I've lost count of the number of times you've been shown to be a fraud, you've avoided responding to posts getting the better of you, you've failed to put up a constructive argument where challenged.

Its your style. You post an inflamatory comment, carry on trolling for a wind up, then bail out when challenged. I've seen more substance in a paper bag.

Then you whine and cry when you get infracted for it.

I really don't care what kind of response you give to this post, nor am i going to waste any time providing examples. They are there for all and sundry to see. You know that fine and well.

No doubt you will post some shallow rebuttal accusing me of [insert "peteism" here] or indeed no response at all.

Whatever you post to try and avoid the point is fine with me. You and I (and many, many others on here) know exactly what I mean and you'd be lying to yourself otherwise.

By the way - this took precisely 2 minutes to post. During a coffee break. For the record, yes, I have a life (a very nice one thank you) and I won't give your personna another thought today.

Just to cover off that angle for you and save you having to type another one of your favourite "peteisms"

As a cut and paste, takes less time than it would take to post "**** off" :thumb:

Sonic' 15 August 2007 01:28 PM

:lol1:

Devildog 15 August 2007 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7184289)

Got that one as well :thumb:

Leslie 15 August 2007 01:50 PM

You may well be right, I almost expect "Call Me Dave" to be offered a place in Flash's cabinet soon!

Apart from all that though, we need you to set us on the right track with your incisive grip of the situation. We would all really like you to answer some of the telling questions we have asked you. You need to keep your street cred. on top line you know!

Les

gazza-uk 15 August 2007 01:51 PM

So rather than blaming the hospitals and SERPA or DEFRA (or whoever the feck is responsible......) you blame Labour....

Lack of funding

Hey, there hasn'r been a plague outbreak in a while, so obviously they are doing something right.....

before Labour

You forgot to blame them for the bad weather we've been having :rolleyes:....

Lack of Funding (ie flood defences)

Oh....plus they really have let this HIV thing and the global drugs epidemic get wel out of hand too :cuckoo:....

hutton_d 15 August 2007 02:00 PM

Oh....plus they really have let this HIV thing and the global drugs epidemic get wel out of hand too :cuckoo:

Drugs? Thought the Taliban had banned Opium production before they were taken out of the game by Billy Liar and crew ....? Now it's back to record levels??

Dave

Markus 15 August 2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 7183772)

Vote Labour, the party of disease! :thumb:

Sounds similar to the Harry Enfield and Friends sketch on Labour:

Vote L for Labour. Vote L for Lice! :D

EuroOne 15 August 2007 06:47 PM

Must be applauded really it may mean that there will be no interest rate increase

chocolate_o_brian 15 August 2007 06:55 PM

can i come to the old peoples home you pester, and take your medication for a week please:)