ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Brum police to clamp down on motorists (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/627634-brum-police-to-clamp-down-on-motorists.html)

Sonic' 14 August 2007 11:13 AM

Brum police to clamp down on motorists

Heard this on the news this morning

Birmingham Police are clamping down on motorists playing their music too loud, first offence will be a warning, and if re-offence occurs within 12 months, they will have their car taken off them

Also the same applies for motorists who hang their head out of the window shouting 'nice baps' and other such comments to women :D

More stupid rules for the non criminals to be punished for

Sonic' 14 August 2007 11:14 AM

Link to story

BBC NEWS | England | West Midlands | Police target loud car 'cruisers'

Abdabz 14 August 2007 11:36 AM

It seems incredible that you can be caught speeding and just get points but if you crank up your stereo your car can be taken from you :cuckoo:
I am all for the hard line being taken on n0bheads, but there needs to be consistency!
For example, loud music = car confiscated, speeding = car + house confiscated. Drink driving = car + house + children confiscated etc... :thumb:

Shark Man 14 August 2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7181567)

Also the same applies for motorists who hang their head out of the window shouting 'nice baps' and other such comments to women :D

That's impossible....now if it were someone shouting "Nice Hijab" then yes, its totally understandable ;):D

[/gatty mode]

Leslie 14 August 2007 11:53 AM

They will be practicing for the future police state then!

Les :(

Hol 14 August 2007 12:07 PM

Can't see the problem myself. The law is there as a 'deterrent' and would not really be used unless the perp was a complete nob, who does not take the hint and deserves it anyway.

To be honest, I cannot see any real Policeman wanting to waste his time on them. But the lawyers will be wringing their hands in glee at another payday.

It's no different to laws about smacking your kids, which WERE meant as a deterent to stop child cruelty. Agreed that is not always the case though and over officious people use them inappropriately.

Things get highjacked.....

Look at Scoobynet!!!!!!! :p

SJ_Skyline 14 August 2007 12:24 PM

Exactly how loud is "Too loud"? :cuckoo:

Dan W 14 August 2007 01:09 PM

so I won't be able to pass my bakers and compliment her on her fine selection of rolls:norty:

stilover 14 August 2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hol (Post 7181676)
To be honest, I cannot see any real Policeman wanting to waste his time on them.

Unfortunately, REAL Policemen are getting rarer by the day. If there's a quick fine/arrest figure to be had, then PC Dumb-ass will always take on you and me, rather than Mr. Burglar :(

Hol 14 August 2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7181861)
Unfortunately, REAL Policemen are getting rarer by the day. If there's a quick fine/arrest figure to be had, then PC Dumb-ass will always take on you and me, rather than Mr. Burglar :(

That's the politician and 'fast track' trendy Inspectors at work.

I believe beat coppers, Sargeants and long-term career coppers would rather nick muggers and real criminals, rather than be told what they HAVE to do (mostly to appease the great 'minority').

The trouble is the courts. No point nicking someone bang to rights, if it means two fingers back at you. :brickwall

But then, lawyers must provid ethe best defence, even if they know the person IS guilty. And most of them Do just that.

Simon 69 14 August 2007 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7181639)
They will be practicing for the future police state then!

Les :(

Future police state Leslie? Its here already! Another pointless piece of legislation thats open to arbitary implementation and abuse by individual officers.

boomer 14 August 2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nu Labia's Nu Law
Where a vehicle is being driven in a careless or inconsiderate manner and is likely to cause harassment and alarm, distress or annoyance to anybody else...

...that'll be the scamera vans then!

Does anyone think that reporting the pratnerships to the police will get their vans confiscated??? :rolleyes:

mb

NiGhtCRaWlEr 14 August 2007 09:52 PM

Sorry, just *caught * this.. been busy fettling my Amp into the car all day

:lol1:

Sonic' 14 August 2007 09:57 PM

Tell me NC

do you frequent the area known as Broad Street with blood pouring from folks ears :D

NiGhtCRaWlEr 14 August 2007 10:13 PM

I cause it, fella:lol1:

Sonic' 14 August 2007 10:35 PM

:thumb:

Maz 14 August 2007 10:45 PM

That law has been in place for a while.

vindaloo 15 August 2007 01:35 AM

S.59 :(

Not that I have been stopped etc.

J.

Leslie 15 August 2007 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Simon 69 (Post 7182486)
Future police state Leslie? Its here already! Another pointless piece of legislation thats open to arbitary implementation and abuse by individual officers.

Living out in the sticks near to a small town as I do, I very rarely see a policeman so I had not realised that what you say has already come about!

Les