ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   First day of the holidays... and i've hurt myself (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/627583-first-day-of-the-holidays-and-ive-hurt-myself.html)

mart360 13 August 2007 10:58 PM

First day of the holidays... and i've hurt myself

Took the kids out today, was going ok until they came a ccross an obstacle course :D:D

I tried to get the eldest to have a race up the rope, and ring the bell on one of the obstacles ..

Luckily he wasn't interested..

Until my other half, suggests we do the whole course...

Then he was up for it...

it was fairly easy.. some stepping stones a scramble net, and then it went tits up... i hadn't seen the small beams that ran at an angle, so i didnt know whether to run up them or jump over them...

I accomplished neither :(:brickwall i managed to trip myself up and went flying.

Smacked seven bells out of my shin and knee, and clobbered my wrist too..

all my other half was initially worried about was that she would have to drive home (women eh):D, then she was worried, cos it took me ages to get up... truth was it hurt like hell, but i was laughing so much i couldn't move :D:D:D

Just had a look at the injury in the shower... a big scraped patch... should be a good bruise and it starting to go lumpy / swell around the shin

On the plus side' I'll just have to sit in the garden and relax for the next two weeks :):)

Mart

davegtt 14 August 2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 7180936)
On the plus side' I'll just have to sit in the garden and relax for the next two weeks :):)

Plus side? You seen the rain outside? :lol1:

mart360 14 August 2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7181345)
Plus side? You seen the rain outside? :lol1:

Feckin great innit:confused:

still, more time to hit the 360 and the PS2

:D:D:D

Mart

Leslie 14 August 2007 11:56 AM

Nothing like doing it in front of the children though! I bet they were laughing behind their hands.

Glad it wasn't serious. They are probably used to seeing you on the bitter edge in your hovercraft anyway. :)

Les

ZIPPY 14 August 2007 12:02 PM

Its always great seeing a parent 'Showing' the kids how its done only to go Ar#e over T#t in the process.

On a recent park outing a slighly overweight father got his foot stuck in a rope at the top of a triangular wooden climbing obstacle only to run down the other side without realising his foot was wrapped in the rope, f#ck me it took me 5 minutes to get off the floor from laughing before we could help the guy.

He wasnt hurt apart from his pride, if only i had a video of it, would of made a fortune.

mart360 14 August 2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7181652)
Nothing like doing it in front of the children though! I bet they were laughing behind their hands.

Glad it wasn't serious. They are probably used to seeing you on the bitter edge in your hovercraft anyway. :)

Les

I think i have piccys somewhere of one of my dings :D:D

trouble was, I was the one on the receiving end (again) :D:D:D

See me in the hover.... nope.... she lets me get on with it :):) mind you she'd prolly have a fit if she saw some of the injury's that have been sustained :freak3:

Last meeting was two broken ankles, a couple of busted ribs and a dislocated shoulder

Makes my raw patch look tame by comparison

Mart :D:D:D

mart360 14 August 2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7181652)
Les

They were laughing, period:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mart :D

mart360 15 August 2007 12:52 PM

Feck:(:(

2nd day of the holiday, and ive smacked my head into the TV, so ive got another chunk out of the swede :brickwall:brickwall

i,m staying in bed for the rest of the holidays i think

Mart:freak3:

SiPie 15 August 2007 01:09 PM

2nd day of the holiday,
So.....did you miss a day due to the knock on your head :confused:

You said on Monday that you tripped yourself up....the first day of your holidays....

Today (Wednesday), the 2nd day of your holidays......you bang your head .....

So yesterday passed quietly then ???

Leslie 15 August 2007 02:01 PM

You'd be safer at work Mart!

Les :D

mart360 15 August 2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 7184271)
So.....did you miss a day due to the knock on your head :confused:

You said on Monday that you tripped yourself up....the first day of your holidays....

Today (Wednesday), the 2nd day of your holidays......you bang your head .....

So yesterday passed quietly then ???

No i did it last night.... 2nd day of the holidays..

today i,m going to attempt to fix the mower...

i'll report on casualty later :D:D:D

Mart