ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Greenlight Comments here please. (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/62729-greenlight-comments-here-please.html)

matt.bowey 04 January 2002 08:08 AM

Having been somewhat put off by Mr Flux in my previous topic, Greenlight is now my preferred choice. Any comments, warnings, without upsetting the lovely Sal!

Cheers

Matt.

Scoobychick 04 January 2002 09:44 AM

:D

Philip Attaway 04 January 2002 02:17 PM

Thumbs up from me!
My MY98 turbo was originally insured as standard with just a S/S Backbox.

Car now has full de-cat S/S system, ITG filter, full pagid group N brake set up and braided lines and it didn't cost any more. :D

The guy I spoke to knew exactly what I was talking about too when I mentioned the mods, which was a refreshing change!

Phil

SPEN555 04 January 2002 02:51 PM

I am with Greenlight and the guy seemed very knowledgeable about my mods.

When I received my documents I have nothing in writing which states that I am covered. I rang to chase this up and they had all the details on screen. They said they would send it out. It concerns me I have no details but I am not about to start chasing this up every week.

Should I make a claim they could claim the car is standard and so invalidate it and I have no proof.

Other than that I am happy with it.

Damian.

simon_prickett 04 January 2002 02:52 PM

Fantastic, moved my MY98 modded wagon from Flux to Greenlight, didn't save any money on premium, but much more satisfied with the customer service, and I can do more than 3 mods to my car now.

Also the track day option looks good but I haven't tried it yet.

Simon.

simon_prickett 04 January 2002 02:54 PM

SPEN555 - do what I do...

Print 2 copies of a letter with all your mods on. Send one recorded / special delivery to insurer.

Keep the other and the recorded / special delivery tag.

Use Royal Mail online tracking to get a confirmation it was received.

Print confirmation.

Store all of the above in case of disputes.

Came in handy when Adrian Flux kept 'losing' my mods and trying to cancel my insurance, moved to Greenlight, no problems.

Simon.

SPEN555 04 January 2002 03:00 PM

Simon,

Excellent idea.

Damian.

simon_prickett 04 January 2002 03:02 PM

I got told twice by Flux that my insurance with them was invalid cos I had not declared mods... they kind of lost 3 copies of the mod form I sent them in this way. I produced the evidence, they apologised profusely.

Due to a loss of confidence in them, I'm with Greenlight.

Simon.

Markus 04 January 2002 03:15 PM

am told they are pretty good, but would not insure me as I'm an import owner and thier quota for my area (south east england) was full.

Saphy 05 January 2002 01:03 PM

I insure my cossie with them. Nothing seems to be too much trouble, and the letters are prompt. They have certainly impressed me!

Jza 06 January 2002 11:26 AM

Ive already posted on the topic!

They were great!! Cheapest quote as well and you can even cover a nitrous kit if at some date you want to add one!!!

I too am an EX Flux man. Cant say how ****e i think they are cause that would be naughty!!

I like talking to people who have a clue whats going on with Scoobys and the kind of mods they have.

Ask for Neil - top bloke!!

Jza

sasim 06 January 2002 09:43 PM

I must be the only one that is unhappy with Greenlight then, not really a major issue but there was a small mistake on my quote, which made a huge difference to the premium. When I tried to sort it out the guy (not naming names !!) was extremely rude and hung up the phone on me.

Apart from that their revised quote was extremely high

Stuart