ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Linksys Admin Password Workaround? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/627083-linksys-admin-password-workaround.html)

ScoobyJawa 11 August 2007 10:57 AM

Linksys Admin Password Workaround?

Got a slight issue lol!

Moving into my girlfriends today but her wireless is locked down and she doesn't know the key, the guy that does is on hols but I need to get on it to work!!!!

Is there anyway of getting into a Linksys router through the admin login if you have a pc which is already on its network (eg gfriends Laptop)?

Any help gratefully received :D

boxst 11 August 2007 11:05 AM

Hello

Not really -- unless she ticked the 'Save Password' when trying to log into the router.

You can reset it of course, but then you will lose the ADSL settings and will have to re-enter them.

Steve

KiwiGTI 11 August 2007 11:08 AM

Just try connecting via a cable, that shouldn't be locked down.

Markus 11 August 2007 02:24 PM

Neil,
Have a look at this list of default login names and passwords for the router. They might work to get you into the device and allow you to view/reset the key. This is another list to have a look at.

ScoobyJawa 11 August 2007 03:11 PM

Cheers Marcus mate (hope you're well btw!!!) , unfortunately it was changed by the guy who set it up for her and he's on hols until next week lol! He left a copy on her lappy but think its been "tidied" so not there any more lol!!! Will have a play a bit later I reckon!

Unfortunately the password isn't saved in the save password bit!

Frosty The Snowman 12 August 2007 12:17 PM

There's always the reset button at the back, you would obviously lose any settings.

pimmo2000 12 August 2007 12:30 PM

Cable it would be the best option for now !

Failing that you could try your hand at cracking the passphase, they aren't that strong.

hutton_d 12 August 2007 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 7177620)
Cable it would be the best option for now !

Failing that you could try your hand at cracking the passphase, they aren't that strong.

I've a Linksys router and it doesn't matter whether you connect via wireless or cable - the admin account/password is the same. So if you can't get into it because of a lack of password via wireless then you're scr3wed via cable as well.

Dave

pimmo2000 13 August 2007 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 7178597)
I've a Linksys router and it doesn't matter whether you connect via wireless or cable - the admin account/password is the same. So if you can't get into it because of a lack of password via wireless then you're scr3wed via cable as well.

Dave

The cable would allow you internet access though ! Even if its password protected.