ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Stockport (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/625582-stockport.html)

bob r 03 August 2007 11:25 PM

Stockport

Last night I took the wife and kids to the retail park at Stockport and after leaving there around 8.30pm I suddenly found myself between a Cossie and a Skyline and several other tasty cars. As we continued my little lad shouts out and I looked to a NCPp car park to see what I can only describe as a scene from "Fast and Furious" around 100-200 cars parked up.
I had to have a 2nd look and turned the car round and ventured nearer. It wasn't as first thought as there were alot of purple Corsa's, Lexus lights and chrome alloys and one muppet on a quad that thought he was evil kineval:cuckoo:
I gave it 5 minutes but in that time I saw some quality cars and some respectable people amongst them but a fair few muppets that showed signs of spoiling the event so I did one.
Anybody else see it?

speedymonkey 03 August 2007 11:31 PM

Ive been tempted to nip down and have a gander as its only 2 minutes from my house :norty:
Is it every Thursday night :wonder:
I might bob down just the once before i sell my scoob and have a cheeky scout about :Suspiciou

cw42 04 August 2007 12:10 AM

It is indeed stockport cruise scene out in force. Just the other week, Westwood did a piece on radio one about the scene, and interviewed people from that very place, so you can imagine how busy it was the week before! and it doesn't look like getting quieter! :)
It's great to see kids these days spending thier hard earned on something other than booze, but like you say Bob, there are a few that are going to spoil it for the many. Still, I've seen Knobs drive away from our own meets in the past, the nbo, bbo and most well publicised knob of the year award must go to the scooby who did the doughnuts on that mid-wales run? :D

I've popped by twice now, and next week will be down giving out flyers for the smacs fun day in August :D

doshwrx2007 04 August 2007 12:23 AM

they do a wirral cruise where i live every tuesday and again you get some quality cars but also get the muppet motors and the trouble makers so i dont really go as it doesnt apeal to me :) it was also on a programe called inside out a few years back were people were street racing and stuff :thumb:

speedymonkey 04 August 2007 12:32 AM

So is it every Thursday night then, or just once a month kinda thing :wonder:

And is it in the car park with the big ramp, behind the Debenhams store???

Will bob down next week if i can :norty:

cw42 04 August 2007 02:37 AM

That's right Rick. Spot on. May see you there :) Dan will be there too, and stressymare has been known to frequent it.

51st state 04 August 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by speedymonkey (Post 7160277)
So is it every Thursday night then, or just once a month kinda thing :wonder:

And is it in the car park with the big ramp, behind the Debenhams store???

Will bob down next week if i can :norty:

sounds a good idea rick:thumb:
sounds like theres some very nice cars there:) and some entertainment:lol1:

Andy S. 04 August 2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by cw42 (Post 7160233)
and most well publicised knob of the year award must go to the scooby who did the doughnuts on that mid-wales run? :D

So in a car park in Bala is ok???

51st state 04 August 2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Andy S. (Post 7160456)
So in a car park in Bala is ok???

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Andy S. 04 August 2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 51st state (Post 7160508)
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

:thumb:

cw42 04 August 2007 01:08 PM

LOL, of course! :D

stressymare 04 August 2007 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by cw42 (Post 7160326)
That's right Rick. Spot on. May see you there :) Dan will be there too, and stressymare has been known to frequent it.

yeah its every week

and yes im there every week

some nice scoobs there

:)