ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Are Americans the new Germans? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623175-are-americans-the-new-germans.html)

skoobidude 23 July 2007 08:03 PM

Are Americans the new Germans?

Spent the last fortnight in Sorrento, Italy. Having been there previously I cannot remember there being so many Americans.
By god what a raquet these people make. Just generalising here as I'm sure there's plenty of reserved folk in USA but I heard so many with big gobs yapping in restaurants, taking over buses shouting over to each other..
The worst was a large group of late-teen/early 20s girls who constantly ran up and down near the main square 2 nights in a row carrying a large blow-up heineken bottle :rolleyes: and yelling at the top of their voices. Couldn't make out what they were trying to achieve but I thought they were in the wrong place for that. "Try a Greek island ya tarts!"

I guess it's a current hot-spot for them.

Nick

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:19 PM

Have you experienced them on xbox live yet ???

one of a group of them told me

"listen English piggy, we are bigger and better then you, and we dam well know it" :lol:

i then told him some nasty stuff and he got upset :(

Ray_li 23 July 2007 08:24 PM

dont you just love Americnuts :D

The Dogs B******s 23 July 2007 08:26 PM

They might be larger than us, but they'll never be bigger than us.(heard that years ago,not really sure what it means)

Janspeed 23 July 2007 08:36 PM

They will just sink the American continent with their large bottoms! :razz:

bootsy 23 July 2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky-Wicky (Post 7131772)

"listen English piggy, we are bigger and better then you, and we dam well know it" :lol:

i have :rolleyes: they dont like it when you kick their arse on gears of war.just tell them to speak English:D gets them going a treat:thumb:

Janspeed 23 July 2007 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7131837)
i have :rolleyes: they dont like it when you kick their arse on gears of war.just tell them to speak English:D gets them going a treat:thumb:

Or ask them if they can read or write "proper" LMAO! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

bootsy 23 July 2007 08:38 PM

:lol1: I'll try that one i think

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7131837)

it was gears of war, and i told them they were going down like the world trade centre :lol1:

one of them called me a mexican jew :confused:

astraboy 23 July 2007 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky-Wicky (Post 7131869)
i told them they were going down like the world trade centre :lol1:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
astraboy.

Janspeed 23 July 2007 08:52 PM

it was gears of war, and i told them they were going down like the world trade centre :lol1:

Mexican Jew??? WTF?? :wonder: :wonder: :wonder:

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Janspeed (Post 7131901)
Mexican Jew??? WTF?? :wonder: :wonder: :wonder:

i think they were plucking at straws after the trade centre comment, and i had killed them all :lol1:

it was comical as the game finished and i hung about in the lobby, and i heard them say they were starting another game, so i searched the other games and found them :lol:

i hung about until the last few mins and then joined the yanks team, ohhh they hated that, i was running about, getting the sniper rifle so they couldnt have it and helping the other team win PMSL :lol1:

Janspeed 23 July 2007 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky-Wicky (Post 7131917)
i think they were plucking at straws after the trade centre comment, and i had killed them all :lol1:

it was comical as the game finished and i hung about in the lobby, and i heard them say they were starting another game, so i searched the other games and found them :lol:

i hung about until the last few mins and then joined the yanks team, ohhh they hated that, i was running about, getting the sniper rifle so they couldnt have it and helping the other team win PMSL :lol1:

God I miss playing online LOL :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

bootsy 23 July 2007 08:57 PM

tell them that still better than being a yank.:lol1:

J4CKO 23 July 2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky-Wicky (Post 7131772)

The fact they said something like that speaks volumes about the national psyche.

Lets not forget, there are many decent Americans, the ones who gave us the Simpsons, the ones that apologize for their countries behavior and attitude to the rest of the world.

wayne9t9 23 July 2007 09:34 PM

Are Americans the new Germans?

Spent a lot of time there over the last few years and I wondered this myself. Just going by the surnames of some of the people I met there, e.g. Snyder. dumbed down from Schneider. Leffler from Loeffler, Ehritz, Frymoyer, and i`m sure there are more. Maybe thats where the unfounded arrogance comes from.

JackClark 24 July 2007 08:44 AM

I'll take a restaurant full of Americans over one full of English chavs.

DCI Gene Hunt 24 July 2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7132917)

I'd rather stay hungry and go to the bar instead :D

Leslie 24 July 2007 02:19 PM

When we get a bunch of German visitors here who start whingeing over something or other in very loud voices as they do, I find that if you talk back at them with an even louder voice, a bit like that German army woman in "Hallo Hallo" when she is announcing someone, that they soon back off and shut up complaining. I think it must be the element of surprise I suppose!

It also works with someone who persists in shouting unnecessarily into a mobile phone!

Les :)

mrtheedge2u2 24 July 2007 02:38 PM

A lot of the American "way" is bravado...... they shout and scream but then leave it at that.... whereas in the UK, people tend to smack you first and then ask questions later.....

So, next time a yank is mouthing it simply **** the arsehole and they will soon shut up

HTH :luxhello:

STi wanna Subaru 24 July 2007 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2 (Post 7133730)
A lot of the American "way" is bravado...... they shout and scream but then leave it at that.... whereas in the UK, people tend to smack you first and then ask questions later.....

So, next time a yank is mouthing it simply **** the arsehole and they will soon shut up

HTH :luxhello:

I find a punch to the jaw works but if in San Fran your way may work better :thumb:

skoobidude 24 July 2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7132917)

You don't find English chavs in Italy mate.:)

Nick

LC Geezer 24 July 2007 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2 (Post 7133730)
A lot of the American "way" is bravado...... they shout and scream but then leave it at that

Ain't that the truth. I had some pissed Amercan muscle man shouting "I'm gonna beat you up man, your goin down buddy" on a night out in Austin, Texas some years ago. I put on my best Vinnie Jones/Eastend hardman accent and growled "Come on ven if yer fink yer can". He ran a mile (to my relief).

mykp 24 July 2007 11:08 PM

I was in Hiroshima a few years ago and we went to the peace memorial museum in which there are two models of the city centre before (a 5km circle from the museum) and after the bomb, one a nice town centre and the other a charred black mess. Inside the museum is deadly silent, I mean a pin drop would deafen you, when in walks the American family.

Mr American Dad walks over to the two models and after a brief look at them shouts out "God will you look at this, we really bombed the sh!t out of this place, look at the damage on this" :cuckoo:

What an a-hole. As was his wife and their a-hole kids who all where equally as loud as their father.