ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   how you become a moderator (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623153-how-you-become-a-moderator.html)

gatty 23 July 2007 07:14 PM

how you become a moderator

as the question.........how do you become a moderator?

Gatty:lol1:

DCI Gene Hunt 23 July 2007 07:17 PM

Why on earth would anyone want that thankless task :D

To be fair I think Simon/Shaun just impose it on members rather than 'ask' :lol1:

gatty 23 July 2007 07:21 PM

oh good, i cant wait for my call up!:)

MickySticky 23 July 2007 07:23 PM

one day you wake up and just "believe" :D

fatherpierre 23 July 2007 07:27 PM

I don't think you're right wing enough :D

gatty 23 July 2007 07:30 PM

yeah ........i have chilled out a bit these days :lol1:

Shark Man 23 July 2007 07:35 PM

You need to leave a snail-trail in your wake everywhere you go :thumb:

MickySticky 23 July 2007 07:44 PM

heard rumours that you have to enjoy potting the brown :eek:

---------------------------------------------------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...lverwheels.jpg

Shark Man 23 July 2007 07:45 PM

Also, you need to pledge your allegiance and become part of the brotherhood. Your faith in moderation will be shown by your pure dedication, putting your life first and foremost for the whole race of moderators.

You will earn a degree of financial security and a place for your family in Paradise. For defending your faith of moderationism you will take your place in a long line of martyrs to be memorialised as a valorous fighter. And finally, because of the manner of your sacrifice by self vaping, you are assured that you will find favour with the webmaster. Against these considerations, the selfless sacrifice by the individual Moderator to destroy the enemies of Moderatorism becomes a suitable, feasible and acceptable course of action.

And don't forget the 72 black-eyed virgins. :norty:

MickySticky 23 July 2007 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man (Post 7131642)

And don't forget the 72 black-eyed virgins. :norty:

angry webmaster been knocking them about ? :D

----------------------------------------------http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...lverwheels.jpg

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:04 PM

ohh dear :lol:

Jamie 23 July 2007 08:08 PM

Didnt take you long to get back ^ :)

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7131727)
Didnt take you long to get back ^ :)

:Suspiciou what do you mean :p

Jamie 23 July 2007 08:12 PM

You know what i mean :D

Sticky-Wicky 23 July 2007 08:12 PM

i play cricket and like rubbing my balls :D

mickywrx 23 July 2007 08:14 PM

Moderator status is easy ;)
<<

:D

Chris L 23 July 2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7131523)
Why on earth would anyone want that thankless task :D

Buggered if I know - asked myself that question more than once over the last 5 years or so :)

If you fancy it - just ask Simon or Shaun

The Zohan 23 July 2007 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by gatty (Post 7131502)
as the question.........how do you become a moderator?

Gatty:lol1:

chosen at birth, schooled and disciplied the fine art of moderating, a bit like becoming a Ninja and undergoing martial arts training but with keyboard and mice , training, mental and physical tests and more thrianing. the discipline plays a big part in it.

Once we are ready we undergo some serious test of our skil courage and subjected to a series on high pressure tests including chopping a keyboard in hal;f with our bare hands and spending a day sat opposite PSL - One mod actually chewed his arm off to escape the PSL test.

Thats is the honest truth.

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 09:05 PM

Are there Lady mods ?

just wondered .... so there is the 'other' view

Chris L 23 July 2007 09:07 PM

Yep - Little Miss WRX and Scoobychick

The Zohan 23 July 2007 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob (Post 7131955)
Are there Lady mods ?

just wondered .... so there is the 'other' view

Yes, we let in biatches as well as blokes - since women got the vote it seemed only right to keep up with the times ;)

They get to cover the less busy times and do the other male mods ironing - obviously we do not let them mod when they have the 'painters in' as this could cause total shutdown;)

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 09:09 PM

Ahh... :) was just wondering thats all.

Do a grand job actually.. thankless task as already been said as i know from experience... you never please everyone..

Gotta say though has to be ONE of the forums I use that gets a quick answer on questions etc....The Mods arnt part-time ;)

gatty 23 July 2007 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7131951)
chosen at birth, schooled and disciplied the fine art of moderating, a bit like becoming a Ninja and undergoing martial arts training but with keyboard and mice , training, mental and physical tests and more thrianing. the discipline plays a big part in it.

Once we are ready we undergo some serious test of our skil courage and subjected to a series on high pressure tests including chopping a keyboard in hal;f with our bare hands and spending a day sat opposite PSL - One mod actually chewed his arm off to escape the PSL test.

Thats is the honest truth.

what a bloke!!! so your elite then? SAS like or para/marine status?

The Zohan 23 July 2007 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by gatty (Post 7132040)
what a bloke!!! so your elite then? SAS like or para/marine status?

We like to think of ourselves as the best of the best, the SAS actrually come to us for guidance and mental training and in return we get to go with them on missions to help out and offer advice - all very hush, hush you understand.

During the Iranian embassy seige i was actually on the roof holding the ropes and making tea.

we have our own berets and cap bages with the insignia 'Who Mods Wins', i also have this embroidered on all of my codpieces and pvc singlets!

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7131963)
Yes, we let in biatches as well as blokes - since women got the vote it seemed only right to keep up with the times ;)

They get to cover the less busy times and do the other male mods ironing - obviously we do not let them mod when they have the 'painters in' as this could cause total shutdown;)

:Suspiciou Shocking... How does this infractor thingy work :wonder:

Only joking... no sense of humour loss here :D

Sonic' 23 July 2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7132051)
We like to think of ourselves as the best of the best, the SAS actrually come to us for guidance and mental training and in return we get to go with them on missions to help out and offer advice - all very hush, hush you understand.

During the Iranian embassy seige i was actually on the roof holding the ropes and making tea.

we have our own berets and cap bages with the insignia 'Who Mods Wins', i also have this embroidered on all of my codpieces and pvc singlets!

I heard you were going to have Who Mods Wins tattoo'ed onto your manbits, but could only get get Ws on :D

<runs>

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7132051)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...scoob/less.gif

:D

The Zohan 23 July 2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7132132)
I heard you were going to have Who Mods Wins tattoo'ed onto your manbits, but could only get get Ws on :D

<runs>

It is written twice (consecutively) on each side in 3" high letters on my lovepole

I am sure your mum will verify this as fact!;)

Sonic' 23 July 2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7132181)
It is written twice (consecutively) on each side in 3" high letters on my lovepole

You said you wouldnt make that public :cry:

She did say she didnt have her glasses on for that minute :D

sti-04!! 23 July 2007 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7132181)

:Suspiciou