ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New most annoying advert ever (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623111-new-most-annoying-advert-ever.html)

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:22 PM

New most annoying advert ever

Straight in at number one, it's the BT broadband "I've deleted a folder" advert.

Here is a list of things wrong with the advert

(i)The woman is crying, actually crying, over accidentally deleting the wrong thing on the computer. Stupid fvcking cow.

(ii)She says "i've delelted the folder with all the photos of the kids when they were babies, if lost everything."

Given that her kids are in thier teens (by the looks of things) and therefore before the days of digital cameras not costing several thousand pounds, she must have scanned in the photos.

What did she do? Scan them and the rip them up, laughing hysterically, whilst burning them and yelling "I don't need these things ever again now that I have them on my computer"

Also, just how old is this computer? Did she make this "folder" several years ago? Have they got the internet plugged into a machine running MS-DOS 6.2? If not, how in the name of blue fvck did she transfer the "folder" from one machine to the other?

(iii)He says, "that's ok, we'll just make a new folder and download it all".

Well thank the good lord for BT, I mean before they offered me the service of uploading all my most cherished files, there's no fvcking way I would have actually thought of creating some form of back up.

kingofturds 23 July 2007 04:26 PM

Why is he with that money grabbing hoe anyway:D

fitzscoob 23 July 2007 04:28 PM

shes hot

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 7131026)
shes hot

For now, maybe, but she is dangerously close to her sell by date.

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 July 2007 04:32 PM

And you honestly think that advert is worse than the singers from the Halifax....?

Neanderthal 23 July 2007 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore (Post 7131036)
And you honestly think that advert is worse than the singers from the Halifax....?

Or that Picture Loan ads?!?

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore (Post 7131036)

Yes.

Mainly because it is portrayed as "real life"

Of course both pale into insignficance next to any advert for womens beauty products and thier made up words and meaningless statistics.

fitzscoob 23 July 2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131035)
For now, maybe, but she is dangerously close to her sell by date.

Really? She used to be in 'Waking the Dead', how old is she?

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7131038)
Or that Picture Loan ads?!?

Bugger.

I've created a thread that's going to remind of everything I hate :(

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 7131042)
Really? She used to be in 'Waking the Dead', how old is she?

I don't know, I am just going on wrinkle count.

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 July 2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131040)
Yes.

Mainly because it is portrayed as "real life"

Of course both pale into insignficance next to any advert for womens beauty products and thier made up words and meaningless statistics.

Amen to that! Womens beauty products are a simple way to sell gloop and goo to the masses and charge ludicrous sums of money for it. :nono: At least BT is selling something that might possibly do what it says....

STi wanna Subaru 23 July 2007 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131010)
Straight in at number one, it's the BT broadband "I've deleted a folder" advert.

(i)The woman is crying, actually crying, over accidentally deleting the wrong thing on the computer. Stupid fvcking cow.

(ii)She says "i've delelted the folder with all the photos of the kids when they were babies, if lost everything."

Given that her kids are in thier teens (by the looks of things) and therefore before the days of digital cameras not costing several thousand pounds, she must have scanned in the photos.

What did she do? Scan them and the rip them up, laughing hysterically, whilst burning them and yelling "I don't need these things ever again now that I have them on my computer"

Also, just how old is this computer? Did she make this "folder" several years ago? Have they got the internet plugged into a machine running MS-DOS 6.2? If not, how in the name of blue fvck did she transfer the "folder" from one machine to the other?

Well thank the good lord for BT, I mean before they offered me the service of uploading all my most cherished files, there's no fvcking way I would have actually thought of creating some form of back up.

Only a geek would get wound up by it ;):D

MrRA 23 July 2007 04:38 PM

PMSL at this thread. There are a few ads out there that really do grip my sh1t, so much so I have to turn over when they come on.

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7131057)
Only a geek would get wound up by it ;):D

:lol1:

That's unfortunately true.

*Cino* 23 July 2007 04:40 PM

what about that loans advert, something green...

if.you.need.a.loan.we.are.the.people.to.help.you *sits up straight and barely opens mouth

Nat 23 July 2007 04:41 PM

I think the BT adverts with the milf and young lad are great :D They're the new Gold Blend couple ;)

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:42 PM

The Churchill one winds me up too at the moment. Mostly because they sent me an email "guaranteeing" to beat my renewal quote, and then spectacularly failed to do so.

So when the advety comes on, I invariably say

"fvuk off you bunch of lyING CVNTS" (capitals there to represent the rising anger in my voice as I start shouting at the telly)

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 7131070)
I think the BT adverts with the milf and young lad are great :D They're the new Gold Blend couple ;)

[gollum]leave now, and never come back[/gollum]

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 04:43 PM

Oh theres plenty.....

Confused.com

Halifax

Admiral

Sheilas wheels..... can you really take this company seriously enough to think they would mend your car... or are you going to get a group of women with a nail file and some matching car colour nail polish round

hutton_d 23 July 2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131040)

Ah! But 'penta peptides' really do help retrieve your deleted pictures folder .... :D

Dave

*Cino* 23 July 2007 04:45 PM

The Hastings Direct one really bugs me... no idea why

oh and that car advert with the woolen puppets running about going "C'mon!!" :mad: it's the song by Jon Paul that grinds my very soul!! :mad:

stilover 23 July 2007 04:45 PM

Most annoying Ad for me is the Air freshner ad.

The one where the Asian kid is having a stinky sh1t on the Bog. Calling for his non-asian mother, he then hops off the bog (without wiping his stinky @rse) and draws a picture (where did the pen & paper come from?) and shoves it under the door.
Mother then goes and gets an air freshner and walks into the bathroom where the kid has now jumped back onto the bog to finish his stinky sh1t, and they then p1ss themselves laughing that they need air freshner because the kid has had a stinky sh1t.

I hate that advert. :mad:

cookstar 23 July 2007 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131010)

From memory of earlier ad's in the series, her kids are younger than my oldest digi' cam ;)

Trout 23 July 2007 04:46 PM

She's 34, yeah, really over the hill...

...not :)

I'd give her one...

...out of ten :D

stilover 23 July 2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by *Cino* (Post 7131091)
oh and that car advert with the woolen puppets running about going "C'mon!!"

I like that one. :)

wrx-kris 23 July 2007 04:47 PM

that fecking debt matters advert :mad: :mad: :mad:

every other word is DEBT DEBT DEBT....
I'm worried about debt's now and I haven't even FECKING GOT ANY :mad:

*Cino* 23 July 2007 04:47 PM

"oh it's all gone, it's all gone" :lol1:

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob (Post 7131082)
Oh theres plenty.....

Confused.com

I had forgotten this one..

This one uses the age old technique of repeating the word incessantly until it is burned into your brain like you Mothers birthday.

blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM blah blah CONFUSED DOT COM etc.

I once made a pact with myself never to buy anything I saw advertised on the telly,just to show the vicious *******s that I couldn't be bought with they sh1tty fvcking adverts.

Of course it all fell to pieces when I saw the advert for strawberry cheescake hagan dazs :(

rossi_p 23 July 2007 04:48 PM

Can't believe the Frosties advert with that fepping song hasn't been mentioned yet....

cookstar 23 July 2007 04:48 PM

Cilit Bang :mad: