ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fallen chick (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623048-fallen-chick.html)

TopBanana 23 July 2007 01:12 PM

Fallen chick

I've found a fallen swallow chick in the garden. There's no way I can get it back into the nest. The wife / kids will be home soon and it'll upset them no end. What should I do?

It's in the airing cupboard right now

SiPie 23 July 2007 01:14 PM

The wife / kids will be home soon and it'll upset them no end. What should I do?
Move out and leave them a note saying you've run off with a young chick :D

It's in the airing cupboard right now
...or alternatively move into the oven at gask mark 6 for 1 hour 40 mins and the family will be treated to a tasy meal when they get home :thumb:

*LPSKI1* 23 July 2007 01:20 PM

i wouldnt leave it in the airing cupboard it will make a right mess. :o

It'll probably die so put it in the bin and they wont see it.

TSB Boy 23 July 2007 01:22 PM

Set up a paypal account and post a sticky :norty:

TopBanana 23 July 2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by TSB Boy (Post 7130561)

Ha, rumbled.

I'm going to take it to an animal rescue centre

Resting 8 23 July 2007 01:29 PM

Don't prolong it's agony to satisfy your own sensibilities. It's only a sparrow. Take it out in the garden and smack it with a spade :(

Leslie 23 July 2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 7130575)
Ha, rumbled.

I'm going to take it to an animal rescue centre

Best thing, don't give much for the poor thing's chances, but you are doing good to try to save it.

Les :)

rossyboy 23 July 2007 03:08 PM

Best get digging for some worms :)

Abdabz 23 July 2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by TSB Boy (Post 7130561)

:lol: Tee Hee :lol: I was gonna say that!

TopBanana 23 July 2007 04:38 PM

It seemed to wake up and get a lot more chirpy after warming up in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours. It had quite a bit of water to drink from the end of a syringe, which it wasn't at all interested in when I first found it. We took it to the rescue centre and turns out it was a swift not a swallow (How stupid do I feel ;)). If it pulls through, it should make the journey to and from Africa 20 times in its life. :thumb:

MY,k436suy 23 July 2007 06:35 PM

Best thing to do is put it outside in a small box as near to the nest and as soon as possible, mother will still feed it.

MY,k436suy 23 July 2007 06:37 PM

Whoops!! just read the last post, good to see someone cares, good on ya!!:thumb:

Leslie 24 July 2007 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 7131056)
It seemed to wake up and get a lot more chirpy after warming up in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours. It had quite a bit of water to drink from the end of a syringe, which it wasn't at all interested in when I first found it. We took it to the rescue centre and turns out it was a swift not a swallow (How stupid do I feel ;)). If it pulls through, it should make the journey to and from Africa 20 times in its life. :thumb:

You did good!

Les :)