ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   any idea how to keep cats off my car? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/622994-any-idea-how-to-keep-cats-off-my-car.html)

goldmw 23 July 2007 09:03 AM

any idea how to keep cats off my car?

Its really annoying me. Got up this morning and there is hair stuck to my bonnet with muddy cat prints. Its scratching the hell out of it.

[Davey] 23 July 2007 09:15 AM

The worst thing is when they decide to "rub their arse holes" on your paint work and you end up with sticky fur filled cat jizz...

I say shoot one and nail it to your front door, that will put the rest off.

kend 23 July 2007 09:16 AM

how to keep cats off car

Drive faster

JohnD 23 July 2007 09:20 AM

You should feel honoured that such noble creatures have selected your car for their purpose!
Are they using it as a "stepping-stone" onto a fence or somewhere higher?
You can buy a can of animal repellant and maybe spray an old towel and lay it on the bonnet to disuade them? You can also get an ultra-sonic thingy which will repel them.
My son has a cover over his EVO and this is a favorite with the Foxes - they've chewed the "bee-sting" aerial, so now he has to remove that!
I'm sure some moron will come on here and say "get an air rifle and shoot the thing" but the cat's doing what cats do! There are sensible ways of curing the problem.
JohnD (unashamed cat lover)

PS Are you sure it's not a Fox?

JohnD 23 July 2007 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey] (Post 7130054)
I say shoot one and nail it to your front door, that will put the rest off.

There you go - what did I tell you!

[Davey] 23 July 2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 7130064)
I'm sure some moron will come on here and say "get an air rifle and shoot the thing" but the cat's doing what cats do!

No surely that would be a waste of air and a pellet... Just ring its neck..

Jimpreza 23 July 2007 09:29 AM

You could by a garage.

Mk2_heaven 23 July 2007 09:31 AM

https://hometown.aol.com/numberguy78...0big%20gun.jpg

+

http://www.sausage-maker.co.uk/product_images/3new2.jpg

does anyone else find the girl with the gun slightly attractive? :norty:

goldmw 23 July 2007 09:32 AM

Lol!

I dont have a cat but i wouldnt harm one. Its using my car as a bad i think!! Does it all the time. You can see the scratch marks on the boot lid too where it jumps up climbs right over the roof then eventually settles on the bonnet. It has scratched the scoop too. Little ****s!! haha.

I have tried the repelant stuff around the garden ( green jelly type stuff ) but doesnt seem to bother it.

goldmw 23 July 2007 09:33 AM

Pmsl. She is kinda pretty but being the same sex as her shes not my type!! lol

goldmw 23 July 2007 09:35 AM

The car is in the driveway - we had a carport which didnt help the matter so my husband took it down. The council let out garages but it is really difficult to get one.

AlexJReid 23 July 2007 09:44 AM

Two of my neighbours have cats (they shouldn't - they aren't allowed in the building) and they often fight, screeching their claws down our cars - but never their owners!!!

Having confronted one of the cat owners she totally clamped me by being very apologetic and to send her a bill for any damage. This made me feel very petty as the scratches aren't that noticable - and I don't want to fall out with neighbours over something so trivial.

But yes - still an annoyance. Particularly as a Scoob bonnet appears to be nice and warm for them.

The Zohan 23 July 2007 09:59 AM

Pet shop or dIY or B&Q type store - ultrasonic cat deterrant, looks a bit like a PIR detector, fit it near the car - does the job.

They also dislike citrus and cayanne peppers, etc but difficult to put on your car. The ultrasonic device will do the trick, mount it above the car bonne level pointing slightly down.

like this as an example;
Cat Repeller 40: Primrose London

goldmw 23 July 2007 10:05 AM

Thanks, will give one a try!!

what would scooby do 23 July 2007 10:05 AM

Albino Blacksheep - Flash / Catapult (Cat-a-pult)

dpb 23 July 2007 10:10 AM

any of the above wotk on seagulls ?? :cry:

i swear didnt get more tha a couple hours sleep last night for their skwarking :mad:

[Davey] 23 July 2007 10:26 AM

On a serious note.. Cats aren't stupid, you can "train" them into avoiding your property, there are a couple of humane methods..

a) Leave the hose set-up, every time one walks on your property spray it.

or

b) When you see a cat on your property take an open jar of English mustard outside with you, place it by your side. Call the friendly moggy over and give him a stroke, as we all know if you start stroking a cat the silly ******* will show you his ars*hole. As soon as he "presents" dip your finger in the English mustard and dab it on his ring-piece... I'll bet you a £1,000 he wont come back.

stara 23 July 2007 10:31 AM

the most effective way is to get yourself a de-cat pipe and hit it with it.

(sorry couldn't resist)

dpb 23 July 2007 10:32 AM

lol

pippyrips 23 July 2007 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey] (Post 7130200)
b) When you see a cat on your property take an open jar of English mustard outside with you, place it by your side. Call the friendly moggy over and give him a stroke, as we all know if you start stroking a cat the silly ******* will show you his ars*hole. As soon as he "presents" dip your finger in the English mustard and dab it on his ring-piece... I'll bet you a £1,000 he wont come back.

you need help:D

matchmaker 23 July 2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by stara (Post 7130215)

(sorry couldn't resist)

Surprised it took so long for the de-cat line to come up :D:D:D

BIG FUD 23 July 2007 11:48 AM

Buy a pit bull or nowadays a staff never see a cat again thats what ive got cats never to be seen, my mate got the gel, the dog, the alarm, the works cat just takes the pi.. and still sits on his bonnet i would juts pore cold water on it when u get in wont sit on water will they simple but does the job :lol1:

a_fisher 23 July 2007 11:49 AM

:lol:

Davey forgot to mention for health and safety reasons you should always wear a rubber glove

a_fisher 23 July 2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by mark ward (Post 7130365)
Buy a pit bull or nowadays a staff never see a cat again

Once a dog pisses everywhere to mark its territory cats rarely visit

pimmo2000 23 July 2007 12:16 PM

cat nip :)

andythejock01wrx 23 July 2007 12:21 PM

Apparently tiger poo puts them off, but you'd need to visit the zoo !

Tidgy 23 July 2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 7130166)
any of the above wotk on seagulls ?? :cry:

i swear didnt get more tha a couple hours sleep last night for their skwarking :mad:

http://www.ragbone.net/shop/2005/11/cgcc60405.jpg

Norman Dog 23 July 2007 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by stara (Post 7130215)

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, I have bother with them too, lurking under my car and pissing on the driveway (REALLY stinks) anybody recommend some good poison I could mix in with a tin of whiskers to permanently solve this problem? :wonder:

goldmw 23 July 2007 02:20 PM

They piss on my car too. Always at the same spot!! Im seriously considering getting a super soaker!!! lol

Shark Man 23 July 2007 02:25 PM

On a serious note.. Cats aren't stupid, you can "train" them into avoiding your property, there are a couple of humane methods..

a) Leave the hose set-up, every time one walks on your property spray it.

or

LMAO :lol1:

I tempted to try that.

So far ALL chemicle based cat deterrants DO NOT WORK. I only mention this to save your money, I suspect it was cat owners that reccomended me them in the first place...and being cat owners they would be the last people to know what would work as method of getting rid of them ;)

Did try an ultrasonic thingy; it broke, sent it back for a refund didn't bother getting another. :(

I would squirt the little gits with water, but they "know" I hate them so stay well clear when I'm in view. :rolleyes: