ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Gloucester.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/622982-gloucester.html)

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 08:01 AM

Gloucester....

On the tele this morning !!!

Flooded and still raining.... whats happening... wheres our summer :wonder: :(

The Hoff 23 July 2007 08:06 AM

We lost power at 6:45am, we have enough clean water to last a few hours today. Large areas still under water and its now raining hard.

I got to work where there is power and water!

Was not fun getting home on Friday. The Scoob was almost swimming, driving through 2 feet of water in parts - not nice. Made it home in 90 mins (10 min journey). Many others didnt make it though as the flooded roads got worse.

girl-in-a-scoob 23 July 2007 08:58 AM

I just dont believe what's happening.... everyday you turn the tele on and theres MORE water.

Hope everyone is okay wherever you are

Abdabz 23 July 2007 09:07 AM

My mate lives in the happening Gloucester suburb of Quedgely... He isnt flooded but he has no water till at least Wednesday and no electric. Doesnt expect to be going into work for the forseeable and describes the local situation as apocolyptic! :eek:

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 09:21 AM

I woke up this morning to the sounds of literally thousands of gallons of water rushing towards the house, only to lose momentum at the last second. This pattern was repeated time and time again.

Imagine my relief when I remembered I live by the sea.

The Hoff 23 July 2007 09:34 AM

I live in Quedgeley too, the power should be back on in a few hours but definately no water for a few days :(

rgv_stu 23 July 2007 10:03 AM

im hardwicke, power came on about 8am this morning

richie001 23 July 2007 12:02 PM

I live in Cheltenham and we still got power and water but don't know how long for.Went to work in Tewkesbury and the town is really bad no water,no power and they homes are under water.

Freak 23 July 2007 12:33 PM

Power here in glos, but water went at about 3am today.
Panic buying has left shops empty and looking at news its not going to be long before power goes.

they reckon up to 14 days before water is back on :cuckoo:

Leslie 23 July 2007 12:53 PM

I feel terribly sorry for all the people who have been affected so badly by the floods.

I wonder how that clown who was criticising people for not beine able to cope without complaining about it feels now. How would he like to wake up to find his house is full of over three feet of sewage ridden water with the destruction of all his possessions including his car and his garden etc., no more fresh water for the foreseeable future, no electric power, and unlikely to be able to live in his house again until after Christmas.

I just hope that the insurance companies pay up without delay and that the Government gets off its backside instead of coming out with all these fine statements and does something really positive and effective to help everyone out.

Les

andythejock01wrx 23 July 2007 01:05 PM

I've had half a dozen commericial losses of around £100,000 reported to me this morning alone - it's pretty major ! (I'm an insurance claims advisor).

The Rig 23 July 2007 01:29 PM

Its not ll doom and gloom LOL

when the petrol stations run out,then it will be !!

we stored alot of water so should be cool,power came back on at 11 am.

tuesday/weds are the days to worry,thats when the valleys water will hit the severn etc etc

hutton_d 23 July 2007 01:33 PM

I blame Climate Change - which is all Nu Labia's fault ..... :D

Dave

what would scooby do 23 July 2007 01:43 PM

Government should hire those planes that put out forest fires...

.. and fill 'em with tampax :D

Freak 23 July 2007 02:38 PM

Its utter madness.
Anyone would think it was world war 3 the way people are panic buying and fighting over stuff.

Lunatics :cuckoo:

Bowser parked at the end of my street which is handy....not that we need it. We know someone high up at Severn Trent and they called us late saturday/early sunday and tipped us off before the media knew and this panic started :norty:

rgv_stu 23 July 2007 03:34 PM

well i just hope the power is still on when i get home.

richie001 23 July 2007 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by rgv_stu (Post 7130894)
well i just hope the power is still on when i get home.

Fair play to the emergency services for keeping the power on :notworthy

jonc 23 July 2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 7130918)
Fair play to the emergency services for keeping the power on :notworthy

Yep, though it strikes me as complete madness wading around in the water at an electricity substation!!! :eek:

rgv_stu 23 July 2007 06:48 PM

well power still on (touch wood) and ive got some free bottled water from quedgley tescos - woohoo