ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Calming / anxiety relief over the counter medicines. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/622560-calming-anxiety-relief-over-the-counter-medicines.html)

eldudereno 21 July 2007 07:30 AM

Calming / anxiety relief over the counter medicines.

Please no comical / sarcastic replies etc.

Been on anti-depressants for a good few years now. Normally I feel ok but I do on occasions have the odd lapse. A new girl started at work a few weeks ago who is really nice. :) Found out last week that the attraction is mutual so after being pushed by her female colleagues I started chatting to her using our works messenger system and eventually asked her out for a drink. I've obviously been a little nervous about the date which is tonight but I awoke this morning feel really bad with terrible anxiety. Can anyone recommended any good over the counter anti-anxiety tablets that will calm me down?

thanks very much

kingofturds 21 July 2007 07:37 AM

I do not think there are any drugs out there that will help you short of illegal narcotics mate:) I was down with depression for a few months back in 2005 and the best thing I ever did was exercise and cut out the crap that I was eating:thumb:

Paul3446 21 July 2007 08:10 AM

I agree that exercise and good eating will help in the long run, might not help you instantly today though!

Check out a low GI diet that keeps your blood sugar levels even, that may be why you feel worse in the mornings. Try to eat some breakfast, even if you don't feel like it.

Try to keep positive about tonight, you know that she likes you, you've asked her out and she's said yes to a date, so as far as I can see that's the worst part of dating out of the way!

Also, once you're in a long term relationship, you might find you feel less anxious about things in general.

Good luck with tonight, you may now be required to report to Scoobynet with an update tomorrow, and I'm sure some will be asking for pictures! :)

Paul.

Cyberevo 21 July 2007 08:43 AM

It's your hormones, your a loaded gun, release one or even two and your feel much better. St John's Whort (SP) is supposed to help.

Mk2_heaven 21 July 2007 09:37 AM

my missus bought some Kalms there a herbal pill, they do the trick :thumb:
can get them most places

eldudereno 21 July 2007 10:03 AM

Thanks for the advice, will get myself down to the chemist and buy some Kalms. Probably would take the illegal naracotics if I had easy access.

I agree about the exercise thing, it's too easy to spend far too many hours in front of the telly and surfing the net.

:)

Lee247 21 July 2007 10:25 AM

Kalms work a treat. I use them before a visit to the Dentist :D

Good luck with the date :thumb:

boxst 21 July 2007 10:50 AM

There is also the Bach rescue remedy which is supposed to calm you down. Available from most pharmacists and looks like this:

http://www.pawstogo.com/ProductImage...cue_remedy.jpg

Steve

JPF 21 July 2007 11:21 AM

Yep Kalms mate:thumb: they got me through my second driving test with flying colours and worked when it came to my best man speech a few weeks back.

Again exercise is a rely good thing for depression, I suffer with depression on and off as I'm shore many more than admit to do, I find going down the gym for a good workout helps a lot....having a good rant on here can help too sometimes lol

Oh and going for a quite drive with the windows down listening to that loverly burble can help too :) still puts a silly smile on my face no matter how depressed I get.

eldudereno 21 July 2007 01:40 PM

Been out and bought some Kalms and the Bach Rescue Remedy which do seem to be helping. :)

Must also listen to some loud invigorating music.

Will try and get some zzz's so I don't look like a zombie tonight.

Thanks everyone!!!! :)

Mk2_heaven 21 July 2007 04:04 PM

good luck :thumb:

kingofturds 21 July 2007 04:13 PM

Hope your buried balls deep in her by tonight:thumb:

Lee247 21 July 2007 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 7126884)
Hope your buried balls deep in her by tonight:thumb:

Have you been drinking KoT :Suspiciou

kingofturds 21 July 2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 7127046)
Have you been drinking KoT :Suspiciou

Not yet give it time:p