ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Geodesy (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/62245-geodesy.html)

Eddie Thomas 02 January 2002 11:05 AM

Anybody had any good/bad experience with these?

BuRR 02 January 2002 11:10 AM

Yeah - I'm interested, too.

Or should I be saving up for the Origin blue i?

MickeyG 02 January 2002 11:11 AM

Everyone I have spoken to thinks they are superb. Does anyone know if the group buy (at reduced cost) is still active? Can anyone remember the price and the contact details as "search" is not working at the moment? I have decided to buy one after driving up the A1 4 times over Christmas, and nearly being cought out several times!!.

See you later,

Mike

JackClark 02 January 2002 11:11 AM

Been using mine for some time now, works a treat.

SeanG 02 January 2002 11:14 AM

Group buy was with Networx Automotive, Ring Derek on 01555 666 444. Price was £350 but not sure if the group buy is still on.

Sean

AlanN 02 January 2002 11:21 AM

Absolutely brilliant IMHO.

Alan

MickeyG 02 January 2002 11:31 AM

BuRR,

What is this "Origin blue i"? Sorry for my ignorance.

Mike

ChrisB 02 January 2002 11:41 AM

Had mine for three or fours month now (maybe more).

Couldn't imagine driving without one once I'm outside my local area (ie I don't know the camera locations).

I went to down to Telehouse in the Docklands last week. The North Circular and A13 is riddled with cameras and the Geodesy was spot on with the warnings - essential if you're trying to look for signs, junctions etc.

iBlue looks to have more features but I haven't heard of anyone with a working unit yet.

BuRR 02 January 2002 11:56 AM

Take a loog at the Origin blue i website.

I think they offer induction-loop and SPECS camera detection, which as far as I'm aware, the Morpheus doesn't.

JackClark 02 January 2002 11:57 AM

I was looking at the blue light on mine the other day and wondered if that's where Origin got the name from. After all Geodesy were first and the unit does have a blue eye. Or am I just weird!

JackClark 02 January 2002 11:58 AM

Geodesy works with all fixed cameras specs included. It just goes mental for the length of the timed area - if you're breaking the law that is.

JackClark 02 January 2002 12:00 PM

The comparison on the Origin web site is full of errors.

BuRR 02 January 2002 12:00 PM

I stand corected - just seen their website. and thanks and apologies :D.

BuRR 02 January 2002 12:03 PM

I think I'll give it 2 or 3 months, at let the masses decide which would be the best one for me to get :D.

ChrisB 02 January 2002 12:11 PM

I can confirm Geodesy goes mental when in the SPECS sections on the M62. You have to mute it after a while.

BuRR 02 January 2002 12:14 PM

Where are the SPECS on the M62???

babber 02 January 2002 12:16 PM

BuRR,

As soon as you come off the M6, heading towards Liverpool / St Helens on the M62. There are what seems like hundreds of the bliming things.

Mine goes mental as well.

Cheers Phill C

BuRR 02 January 2002 12:19 PM

hmmmm

So what "advantages" does the Origin have? Just the LCD screen? Cos it gives speed and direction or something doesn't it?

I know its plagued with bugs, but I suppose everything has that initially..... Also, how much is the Goedsey subscription, and how long is the initial one?

babber 02 January 2002 12:25 PM

BuRR,

Not sure about the other one, but the Geodesy can be connected to a Palm / laptop to provide direction and speed information. This can also be used with a route finder, to enable you to get from A to B.

The unit comes with a 12 month subscription, out of the box. I think the renewal cost is thirty quid a year.

Hope this helps, Phill C

JackClark 02 January 2002 12:28 PM

Advantage of the Origin seems to be that it's directional, not that much of an advantage when you're trying to avoid accident black spots - or are they directional!!

Advantage to me of the Geodesy is that it comes with both a fixed and portable bracket. If I use or go out in another car I can take it with me.

Geodesy - with update - only goes mental with the specs cameras if you're breaking the law.

Subscription is £30 for a year, comes with first year free.

Both claim no false alarms but that's cack, if a camera is on a road near the one you're on it will alert you.

Beau 02 January 2002 12:54 PM

I have had a Geodesy for 3 months. It lives in the pocket on top of the Scooby dasboard and works fine with the lid down. All I do is listen for the beeps. It is not a feature rich as the Origin blue but works very well.

GEJL 02 January 2002 03:17 PM

Don't forget www.trafcam.com if you've got a Palm and/or GPS already...

Just a happy user :)

Andy Mid. 02 January 2002 09:00 PM

I've had my Geodesy for a few months now and it gets the big thumbs up from me http://www.smilies.nl/iconss/icon162.gif

rollerskate_01 02 January 2002 10:18 PM

Excellent bit of kit. I can say no more BUY ONE if you value your licence!!

Dave R 02 January 2002 10:23 PM

Great, brill, etc...

Got mine 2nd hand and not looked back since.
Add a jammer and you can't go wrong!

Daver

RichardPON 02 January 2002 11:40 PM

I supply the Morpheous Geodesy and the range of Snooper detectors.

My father has a Morpheous in his pulsar gti-r, I have one in my cossie, and my brother has one in his cossie. They have proved invaluable for saving all of our licences at one time or another.

Haven't found any faults with the Morpheous at all, and I'm still waiting on delivery of my origin with which to make a direct comparison. If they are any good, I will be supplying them as well.

I can do the Morpheous at £325 inc p&p and next day delivery.

Dave25 03 January 2002 01:53 PM

Nothing but good experience with the Geodesy for me.

Fantastic customer service & great device. Just updated to the Geodesy Plus. Only goes ballistic if you above the applicable limit at a site. Does SPECS, Truvelo - anything fixed. Updating is easy and works every time.

Only wish that it didn't warn of fixed camera's pointing the other way, but sure they are working on it!

Dave.

Nikko2 03 January 2002 04:04 PM

Wish morpheous were as quick at taking cameras off the list as putting them on it. Mine was going off down the M6 months after the roadworks had gone.

Ian Cook 03 January 2002 04:08 PM

To get cameras taken off you just call them and tell them and they take em off !

DaveS6 03 January 2002 04:24 PM

Upgraded my geodosy to Plus version.. makes it even more usable.. has saved me 3 points on numerous occasions.. Now it only bleeps if you are in excess of the speed limit.. keeps wife from moaning about noise!. and the range automatically decreases in town for lower speed cameras!

Dave