ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Counter Strike Counter Strike Counter Strike : Tonite Wed 2nd on Locked Server (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/62229-counter-strike-counter-strike-counter-strike-tonite-wed-2nd-on-locked-server.html)

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 10:08 AM

ok other ½ is out tonite so connection permitting i will be running around aimlessly lagging nicely 2nite providing u lpb with easy kills :p :p

anyone else ?

and orb........dont bother cos i'm gonna ban you're wonid tonite for that 'orrid comment u lpb.

she gone by 7:30 so anytime after this is kewl.

maybe people will get the custom maps b4 they logon :rolleyes:

fancy trying luxor tonite if we get at least 8 of us cos its a big map ! and how about Torn ? good map which we dont play much these days.

steve
hpw :D

orbv 02 January 2002 10:14 AM

Steve,

wont be around tonight as I'am banned from the server :(. May pop on using another key and name :D

HHxx 02 January 2002 10:39 AM

OMG, CS'ing becoming 24/7 :eek:

I'm there :D

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 10:54 AM

i'll still ferret u out orb :D

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 01:56 PM

anymore for anymore ?

Paul.G 02 January 2002 04:37 PM

I must have missed he warning printed on the CS box,
"Warning play this game at your own risk, any loss of; sleep, work, girlfriends, jobs are non-refundable."
Before I got this new PC I never bothered with any games, so was quite easy to talk the other half round to agreeing to the new one, "Oh it will be great for college work, music, blah, blah, blah, (I even said it would help with her work...not that she has had chance to get on it yet!!)
I some how feel the next upgrade will not be as easy!
Since finishing for Christmas there have been two thing hammered, the beer left over from Christmas day and Counter Strike.
She has already threatened to sabotage my name by going on line when I am at work, and killing everyone on my side !!!
So with all this in mind I feel I will have to say…..OK WHAT TIME. (But can everyone turn there sound down so she does not hear us).

Paul.G

scoobs 02 January 2002 04:46 PM

hopefull will be on, wife permitting later in the eavening

scoobs

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 04:46 PM

lol @ paul

m8 i have the answer...........2 pc's like we've got :D :D

other half then surfs away, gets mp3's, plays rpg's etc and i can still be cs'ing :D :D :D

infact as u might have read we spent 460 upgrading both pc's so she has a much better one now with lots of space and decent p3 chip :D :D

i'll be on from 7ish.

have msn / icq turned on.

roadrunner 02 January 2002 05:09 PM

sounds good to me.

hopefully i'm be able to make it

Fosters 02 January 2002 05:11 PM

Count me in

Fosters
'Cannon fodder'

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 05:21 PM

kewl fosters......escaping from Op Flashpoint then ;)

u got he new maps m8 ??????

Puff The Magic Wagon! 02 January 2002 05:22 PM

Steve

If she's d/loading whilst you're playing CS, no wonder you're a HPW :eek: ;)

My wife does it to me sometimes :rolleyes:

LOL

I'll be around later...

:)

BarryH 02 January 2002 06:41 PM

hi..Can I join in tonight? And what are the maps ill need, just downloaded some new ones...airninja,luxor,celtic, predator & Village, And no ones allowed to shoot at me, with me being new and all that.
Cheers
Bazza

Neanderthal 02 January 2002 06:53 PM

I'll be there :)

Matt

Puff The Magic Wagon! 02 January 2002 07:24 PM

Matt'll be taking out his work-related-stress on some poor unsuspecting computer generated image of a human being ;)

Probably me :rolleyes:

:)

Steve Perriam 02 January 2002 07:34 PM

going locked now.

puff : icq on m8 :rolleyes:

orbv 03 January 2002 11:10 AM

Think I mannaged three rounds last night in between the cable modem disconnecting. After 80 mins I mannaged to speak to a person at ntl: and was told its a know problem and they are looking into it. :(

Steve Perriam 03 January 2002 12:09 PM

orb : get a 56k modem m8 :p

Neanderthal 03 January 2002 01:05 PM

LOL @ PTMW. I managed to vent most of the work related stress on CS last night, thanks for the theropy session lads :D

Sadly though, later on in the evening it became King Ping stress cause the git kept killing me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ;)

Matt

orbv 03 January 2002 02:04 PM

Steve,

I have a 56k modem and would have used it but only have one line so it was busy trying to get through to ntl! :eek:

Steve Perriam 03 January 2002 02:05 PM

cornerrrrrr

Steve Perriam 03 January 2002 02:08 PM

wake upp HH - u missed that one.

well tonite then orb use the 56k and u to can be an easy target for lpb's boosting their stats at your ping expense :rolleyes: :p

[Edited by Steve Perriam - 03/01/2002 14:47:45]

HHxx 03 January 2002 02:09 PM

:( :rolleyes:

orbv 03 January 2002 05:31 PM

Have you every heard me complaining about lag etc? Its part of the game, just get on and play!

orbv 03 January 2002 05:32 PM

.....and bullets can go through walls in CS!

Steve Perriam 03 January 2002 05:39 PM

course not !

since when can a lpb complain about lag !!! :rolleyes:

and yes its part of the game but in the old days everyone had 56k at best and so it was more equal.

thats y i get pissed off at the fact that only some people can get a decent connection. i cant even though i am willing to pay £40 a month.

indeed they can - BUT only some guns and only some walls.

Damaja 03 January 2002 05:44 PM

A thin MDF door or a flimsey box is not exactly great cover against an assault rifle you see, about as effective as hiding behind some bog roll.

BarryK 03 January 2002 05:45 PM

Which is useful if you are filling your terrorist britches.